HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:31 PM
Joined Apr 2010
28 Posts
Playing in wet surface

Hi guys, just to share my vmx playing in wet surface In this video, it can tell you the ESC is 100% waterproofing

My VMX 450 playing with water (1 min 45 sec)
alex515 is offline Find More Posts by alex515
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2011, 01:29 AM
United Kingdom, England, Worksop
Joined May 2011
194 Posts
that's great fun alex.....but it looks like it acts like my VMX, wheelies and flips so easily breaking the rear fender off. Trust me mate, it will end up tearing the rear wheelie bar and body work off eventually.....

Is this how it suppose to run Nick? looks like the slipper is to tight? but if you run it loose, you end up burning them out, I'm on my 3rd now.....

i think some sort of spring loaded or indestructible wheelie bar needs to be invented by someone.....
madbadger is offline Find More Posts by madbadger
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:36 AM
Joined Jan 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Let me get the file and I'll post it.
thanks chris that would be great
ian69 is offline Find More Posts by ian69
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:41 AM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadger View Post
that's great fun alex.....but it looks like it acts like my VMX, wheelies and flips so easily breaking the rear fender off. Trust me mate, it will end up tearing the rear wheelie bar and body work off eventually.....

Is this how it suppose to run Nick? looks like the slipper is to tight? but if you run it loose, you end up burning them out, I'm on my 3rd now.....

i think some sort of spring loaded or indestructible wheelie bar needs to be invented by someone.....
Hello Madbagder.
A solution among others??

We must remake the support because they break with rigid bars.

AYP is offline Find More Posts by AYP
Last edited by AYP; Aug 16, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
hey guys just ordered my vmx today from tower should have it thursday. im noticing some people are saying version 1 and version 2 is there a difference and how do you know which one you got. getting kinda scared after reading some peoples posts. sound like everyones having lots of troubles. im not gonna be beating on it but what should i replace parts wise to get it up and going reliably. im gonna ditch the stock radio first thing put a spectum reciever and use my dx3r. i race 1/8 electric and sc 4x4 now just looked so damn cool had to have the vmx
250r is offline Find More Posts by 250r
Old Aug 16, 2011, 01:22 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
VMX Brake Kit Instruction Sheet

The PDF file was too big for the forum so here are JPG's of the pages.
If you PM me I'll send you the real PDF.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 16, 2011, 02:22 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
just spoke to venom customer service about the differences in the new and old bike have to say possibly the best and most friendly customer service i ever spoke with. he offered driving tips and explained everything to me. usually the rep is trying to get off the phone the whole time or is not willing to offer any extra above and beyond help venom seems really commited to making this bike work and work good thanks again
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:29 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Thanks for the feedback!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250r View Post
hey guys just ordered my vmx today from tower should have it thursday. im noticing some people are saying version 1 and version 2 is there a difference and how do you know which one you got. getting kinda scared after reading some peoples posts. sound like everyones having lots of troubles. im not gonna be beating on it but what should i replace parts wise to get it up and going reliably. im gonna ditch the stock radio first thing put a spectum reciever and use my dx3r. i race 1/8 electric and sc 4x4 now just looked so damn cool had to have the vmx
The radio is the most reliable part of the bike, save your cash for gyro parts, shock rebuilds, chains, etc. you'll need it. I like Tower, but they still don't have a lot of the critical spares for this bike yet.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old Aug 16, 2011, 05:50 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,751 Posts
Buzzkill strikes again lol.

Hey 250r, a lot of guys have fun with these. It will be a lot different then what your used to driving. Hopefully you can find some fun empty areas to bash on while you learn. With any RTR, its a good idea to go over it to make sure its got thread lock and is setup to specs. Search forum for other "VMX" info threads. If your bike isnt the updated version, request the steal gears from venom's cs. Perfornance could be better in certain situations, some things in the works should help.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
Thanks for the info im ditching the radio because I hate to have more than one radio around too many double a's to keep up with lol. Im not scared to spend a few dollars on spares if I haveto not racing it so if it breaks just throw it in the truck and run something else
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:50 PM
Québec, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250r View Post
just spoke to venom customer service about the differences in the new and old bike have to say possibly the best and most friendly customer service i ever spoke with. he offered driving tips and explained everything to me. usually the rep is trying to get off the phone the whole time or is not willing to offer any extra above and beyond help venom seems really commited to making this bike work and work good thanks again
+1 on venom customer service, top class.
tntpower is offline Find More Posts by tntpower
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:02 PM
Joined Jun 2011
34 Posts
Everyone Who Owns A VMX 450 Take Note

Everyone that owns a Venom 450, take notice of your surroundings
BEWARE OF DOGS!! Dogs like to go after the bikes. I would just keep your eyes open.
Jerry
Jetson40 is offline Find More Posts by Jetson40
Old Aug 19, 2011, 06:28 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40 View Post
Everyone that owns a Venom 450, take notice of your surroundings
BEWARE OF DOGS!! Dogs like to go after the bikes. I would just keep your eyes open.
Jerry
haaaaa,lol,so im not the only one to of had a lets say dog incident i presumed it was just this dog,...i was at a local buggy trug club track in sth oz,there were a few guys there bashing around nitro and elect,there was a girl friend of a drivers there with a dog standing watching dog on lead casual as,soon as i fired up vmx vrooomvrooom spool up gyro down and away she goes.... straight away dog was pulling hard on lead,the dog pulled away he was large but slowish lol..i had to go off track flat stick consentrating to do a turn nearly out of site back to me!!!!she is yelling at dog top of her voice AAAAHHHHaGETHEARAAAHHH...i drove it fatt out up to me mate slammed brakes hit him in shinns AAHHH he grabed bike dog pulled up barked like hell then returned to owner,,they restrained dog,it kept going nutts when i would run so dog had to leave track stop it stressing....go figure ???
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old Aug 19, 2011, 08:47 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetson40 View Post
Jerry
They certainly do!

Name: Fudge and an ARX.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 228.7 KB
Description:

http://www.northern-radio-moto-club.co.uk/album13.htm

Fudge aint so keen on the bike turning round and chasing him though!
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury