Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Chris, do i need to buy a chain to get a master link?...I cant find it on a parts list, just the whole chain..just as well though mine is fairly stretched.
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 05:46 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Nice bits Chris. Regarding the hard steering springs, how does that change handling/steering? Where would they be put to best use? (btw the plan was to try to make 2 piece gear)
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 12, 2011, 10:38 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragbikebam View Post
Chris, do i need to buy a chain to get a master link?...I cant find it on a parts list, just the whole chain..just as well though mine is fairly stretched.
At this point yes, Im trying to see if we can offer it alone.
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old May 12, 2011, 10:43 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Nice bits Chris. Regarding the hard steering springs, how does that change handling/steering? Where would they be put to best use? (btw the plan was to try to make 2 piece gear)
The hard springs make the damper stiffer and as you steer agressively out of a corner it helps to lift the front end. The front tire is forced to bite and counter steer the bike quicker. This is going to help on tracks mainly but if you like a faster steering response in general then you will like these springs.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:20 PM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
Hello Chris.
I wrote this morning to Jason that I had changed the hydraulics of my bike and it had significantly improved low-speed driving.
For the steering damper, I redid a piston with Teflon 0.05mm game with the cylinder and I climbed 2 springs longer than 2 turns.
I also rebuilt a piston for the rear shock.
All details are on the drawing attached.
If it helps, I'll be delighted.
Sincerely.
Pascal.
AYP is offline Find More Posts by AYP
Old May 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
@Chris - Cool. I like the sounds of that!

@Ayp - Thanks for sharing!! What terrain did you see improvement on? How did steering improve?

Two suspension technologies I really want to look into for vmx are the Proline power stroke shock and the rpm dual rate pistons. Both seem to be marketed for slash type shocks so not sure how different they are to the vmx.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
[QUOTE=JohnnyMc;18216789]@Chris - Cool. I like the sounds of that!

@Ayp - Thanks for sharing!! What terrain did you see improvement on? How did steering improve?

On uneven ground and grass.Before, the bike was difficult to steer at low speeds.
Can not run properly on a track TT 1 / 8 ème.My last attempt, after amendment, was exellent, I need to comfirm TT on a track in a few semaines.I'll let you know.As says Chris, improvement comes from the hardening of spring, not put thicker oil.
@ +.
Old May 12, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Im using 100wt oil and Ive been trying 7000wt diff oil in the steering damper. Im still testing and Ill share more info soon.
Old May 12, 2011, 07:33 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,649 Posts
7000wt?... sounds like you're going almost direct steering.. LOL
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old May 13, 2011, 10:35 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Hello Chris.
I wrote this morning to Jason that I had changed the hydraulics of my bike and it had significantly improved low-speed driving.
For the steering damper, I redid a piston with Teflon 0.05mm game with the cylinder and I climbed 2 springs longer than 2 turns.
I also rebuilt a piston for the rear shock.
All details are on the drawing attached.
If it helps, I'll be delighted.
Sincerely.
Pascal.
Thanks Pascal,
Thats cool and as more people drive the VMX there will be a lot of discoveries and changes made. What you have done is the same direction in general that I am testing and going.
Old May 13, 2011, 10:36 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
7000wt?... sounds like you're going almost direct steering.. LOL
Yeah pretty much!
Old May 15, 2011, 02:37 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
vmx 450 setup help

i purchased a vmx450 a few months ago frm local hoby store in oz, great bike havn fun,running 7.4v2s2p,40c,5000mAh batt,what ever that means,not up to speed on lipos n brushless motors yet but you go2 start somewhere,googled vmx450 get sum hints tips and found this great fourm and thread you guys with vmx have started a big thanks goes out to mr chris nicastro for his support and involvement im sure the vmx is a real winner well done thanks. .Bike is stock metal gyro gears running lipo as stated done in a spur gear and pinion gear,i think because clutch set to tight of my own dooing,i dont like using clutch feels too under powered so im finding the fine line.One real issue i have hope somone may shed sum light is out of slow corners it gets a real WAGGLE ON! !hadcore uncontrolable tank slappers,dosent seem to be from steering tho strange changed dampener fluid ect it looks as tho the gyro is causing it any ideas??
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old May 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
Joined May 2000
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
i purchased a vmx450 a few months ago frm local hoby store in oz, great bike havn fun,running 7.4v2s2p,40c,5000mAh batt,what ever that means,not up to speed on lipos n brushless motors yet but you go2 start somewhere,googled vmx450 get sum hints tips and found this great fourm and thread you guys with vmx have started a big thanks goes out to mr chris nicastro for his support and involvement im sure the vmx is a real winner well done thanks. .Bike is stock metal gyro gears running lipo as stated done in a spur gear and pinion gear,i think because clutch set to tight of my own dooing,i dont like using clutch feels too under powered so im finding the fine line.One real issue i have hope somone may shed sum light is out of slow corners it gets a real WAGGLE ON! !hadcore uncontrolable tank slappers,dosent seem to be from steering tho strange changed dampener fluid ect it looks as tho the gyro is causing it any ideas??
Sounds like you're not getting enough RPM on the gyro in the rear wheel, once the gyroscopic effect bleeds off, the bike gets off balance, probably have to adjust the slipper clutch to deliver a little more power to get is spinning faster, or adjust the clutch shoes so they engage more. I also put a lot of expo in the steering in the transmitter, to smoothe things out to get rid of some of that as well.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Old May 16, 2011, 07:24 AM
AYP
france
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
salut à tous.
A 8 minutes,la moto du milieu,ça me rappelle quelque chose,pas vous ?????

hello to everyone.
At 8 minutes, the bike in the middle, it reminds me of something, do not you ?????
1. Lauf zum RC-Bike Onroad Cup 2011 (8 min 31 sec)
Old May 16, 2011, 08:34 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
647 Posts
This was already mentioned at page 96
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1438
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg