SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
@Topdave You keep guessing, but how you do you know you havnt already won?? lol. Hey can you read my post maybe last page about the receiver connector. Im moving the esc but need to reroute the receiver cable.

Just in case...my updated guesses from a little research:
Podium or podiums
Powerslides
Privateers
qualifier or "top qualifier"
DON'T FORCE ANYTHING!!

Just unplug the wires from the receiver itself and reroute from that end.
(I tried, but didn't want to break the connector looking thing on the ESC when it didn't unplug) Apparently the designer wanted to play with our minds when he designed that plug looking thing.

The way Chris worded his last comment about only 2 winners so far, and my list with all my "guesses" was right above his entry. lol
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:16 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
Heres a way to mess with you guys; I can say who the two/three winners are and then ban reposting those long lists so you have to pick one at a time! Muhuhahaha....
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Apr 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
lol. Poor Topdave has a pile of shotgun shells everywhere and doesnt even know if he hit the target yet haha. Btw, thanks Topdave for clarification, I was just curious what you did.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Joined Nov 2010
35 Posts
had a blast with the bike on a wet bitumen basketball court yesterday(motard tyres), there was ALOT of wheel spin off the start and resulting wobbles, but man it was fun powersliding at 40kmh with the front crossed up, backing it in, n still wheelying here and there!

BTW I also converted my drive shaft/layshaft to pin drive instead of grub screw on the weekend, will show some piccys of the mods soon, used a traxxas part. Wont have a problem with that area anymore , now to find the next weakest link.

Also after 4 packs with the motard tyres im still using the plastic gyro gears on the pro gyro holder and my slipper is tight cause I wanna wheelie
cyclesoul is offline Find More Posts by cyclesoul
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:06 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Cyclesoul: Can't wait to see the pics of your layshaft mods!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:19 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
lol. Poor Topdave has a pile of shotgun shells everywhere and doesnt even know if he hit the target yet haha. Btw, thanks Topdave for clarification, I was just curious what you did.
LOL. I was fairly confidant I had found the right answer early on, then evryone seemed to lose interest, so I was listing all the ones before Chris said someone found the answer and after he said no one had it yet, just to help someone figure that the answer was in that list. Then a couple of you guys used the list and Chris said "Nope not yet!" So then I said Aw, sch*t! LOL
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Not to toot my own horn but thought this was interesting...since I posted a blog about my bike on this rcgroups account, in only 1 month I've had 1100 views.

In other news I feel like an idiot now because after I opened up the receiver box I found out theres a bit of excess cable stashedin case slack is needed. Grrr I yanked on that connector last night for nothing lol. Oh well.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:03 AM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Mar 2011
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesoul View Post
had a blast with the bike on a wet bitumen basketball court yesterday(motard tyres), there was ALOT of wheel spin off the start and resulting wobbles, but man it was fun powersliding at 40kmh with the front crossed up, backing it in, n still wheelying here and there!

BTW I also converted my drive shaft/layshaft to pin drive instead of grub screw on the weekend, will show some piccys of the mods soon, used a traxxas part. Wont have a problem with that area anymore , now to find the next weakest link.

Also after 4 packs with the motard tyres im still using the plastic gyro gears on the pro gyro holder and my slipper is tight cause I wanna wheelie
yea im keen to see the drive shaft mod.without fail my grub screw comes loose every ride no matter what I do.
fosinator is offline Find More Posts by fosinator
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:59 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,378 Posts
For the set screw make sure you degrease the parts with acetone and then use thread lock and let it set up. If that won't lock the set screw in place I'll be surprised!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:45 AM
Joined Nov 2010
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosinator View Post
yea im keen to see the drive shaft mod.without fail my grub screw comes loose every ride no matter what I do.
basicaly I used one of these-

Its a traxxas drive pin, I had a 10mm long one in my tool box, revo's come with 15mm ones and these are easier to find in hobby shops!you can lop 5mm or so off.

Using the mark made by the set screw I set the layshaft up in a vice and drilled out the axle using a 2.5mm drill bit, then drilled out the drive sprocket right through (the pin will go through both sides) then re drilled the thread out to 3.5mm and ran a 4mm tap through it (one side only for those two things) I took pics that will explain the lot, will post it in the mods thread tomorrow.

Chris- once you have a few marks on the shaft, it ill spin fre alot easier, fosinator may need a new shaft, or once it is drilled out it wont matter!
cyclesoul is offline Find More Posts by cyclesoul
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:43 AM
Australia, TAS, Burnie
Joined Mar 2011
39 Posts
I like the idea of the drive pins.Admittedly I didnt use acetone to clean the threads up so I might give it one more go before i try the pins.Might order another shaft tomorow just in case.
fosinator is offline Find More Posts by fosinator
Old Apr 27, 2011, 03:40 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,211 Posts
Ah, I've got a bunch of those from various Traxxas driveshaft conversions. I've never tried drilling through a layshaft, but I guess that is what my drill press is for.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Apr 27, 2011, 11:32 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Cool idea, but I didnt have those tools when I fixed it. Heres what I did...
I noticed that the grub screw rounds off the the flat notch on the shaft so screw cant hold well. I used a file to remake a new flat surface. I went a step further and used a hand drill and drilled a divet / indention at right spot so grub screw would sink in a bit further into shaft. I cleaned up old thread lock, put new thread lock and its been fine ever since.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:26 PM
I once beat Colin McCabe
Southport, England
Joined Oct 2005
156 Posts
We have finally received the first delivery of these bikes and I have to say they look even better in the flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.formbymodelshop.com/venom...ike-2079-p.asp

We have discounted the 399.99 price tag too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Squidlips is offline Find More Posts by Squidlips
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:06 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlips View Post
We have finally received the first delivery of these bikes and I have to say they look even better in the flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.formbymodelshop.com/venom...ike-2079-p.asp

We have discounted the 399.99 price tag too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you can get Dez Chand to do a real test and video session of this bike, since no magazine here in the U.S. has any experience with RC bikes ( only Guido and he has not done an actual test that I'm aware of) (Sorry Guido if I'm wrong!) , and therefore can't do an accurate test of the VMX.