HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Discussion
Windows not recognizing some buttons on my JR SX600 transmitter.

I'm having a problem with setting up flaps and gear on this transmitter in ClearView FS.
Windows doesn't seem to recognize any buttons on it(although it does show 3buttons in the calibration window).
The transmitter works excellently otherwise, but I have had to set flaps and gear to F keys on the keyboard.
I'm using Windows XP Pro.
Any help/ideas on this would be appreciated.
SidSpeed is offline Find More Posts by SidSpeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,142 Posts
The swithc on the radio must satisfy these two conditions:
1. It must control a separate radio channel (please note that for example Throttle Hold typically does not control a separate radio channel, but controls the pitch channel).
2. That radio channel must be visible in Windows via the Interface cable.

Once these two conditions are met, you can assign that channel to the desired function in ClearView Controller Setup.

Stefan
http://rcflightsim.com
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Thanks for the response Stefan. Any chance someone could decode that for a guy not up to speed in programming one of these..?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2002
2,142 Posts
Unfortunatelly, while the principle applies to any transmitter, each transmitter is different, switches have different default functionality, the USB interface control names are different, so it is hard to come by with specific instructions for a specific unit. Your best bet is to learn how your transmitter operates (that knowlege will be usefull in your rc hobby anyhow) and then try to set it up properly, or have a friend help you.

Stefan
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Ok, well let me see if I can get started here.
The SX600 is a 6 channel radio-throttle,rudder,elevators,ailerons then 2 channels for gear and flaps operations if wanted(correct me if I'm wrong pls).
When I plug into Windows, and in the calibration window for setting up game controllers I see under PPM, X,Y,Z axis' as well as 3 "buttons-1,2,3".
When calibrating, all the axis' move with the sticks, but the buttons don't work(light up).
So I think what you're saying Stefan is I need to program the radio itself for Windows to recognize the buttons?
I have tried this already with no luck.
One thing I did find was some USB dongles are only rated for 4 channels...could this be the issue? I did buy the one I use from Ebay from Japan, but I don't have the wrapping or any paperwork on it.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:14 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,142 Posts
If you have 6 ch. cable, and if the two switches are for gear and flaps (ch. 5 and 6) then you are supposed to see all 6 controls moving in the Windows Game Controller. If you only see 4 channels moving, it is quite possible that you purchased the 4 channels cable and in that case you will not be able to use the switches due to that limitation.

Stefan
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:05 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirtz View Post
If you have 6 ch. cable, and if the two switches are for gear and flaps (ch. 5 and 6) then you are supposed to see all 6 controls moving in the Windows Game Controller. If you only see 4 channels moving, it is quite possible that you purchased the 4 channels cable and in that case you will not be able to use the switches due to that limitation.

Stefan
Which can also be a problem if the order in which the transmitter sends the data to the interface is "non standard". Normally the 4 analogue (throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder) are sent before any gear / AUX channels.

If under the calibration window only the 4 stick movement can be calibrated and any switches have no affect then this would indeed suggest that the interface only supports 4 channels
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
poopy!
well, I guess that's it...F keys for me..
Thanks for help on this!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:38 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidSpeed View Post
poopy!
well, I guess that's it...F keys for me..
Thanks for help on this!
Or simply search around for a suitable interface - Here's one I've googled http://www.rc-bargains.co.uk/index.p...roducts_id=285 - less than 7 and claims to support 6 channels
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2010
8 Posts
Hmmm...funny that the one I have looks exactly like that, but I'm guessing mine is still a 4 channel..