HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:22 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,728 Posts
Discussion
Got snow? 10-11

Apparently it's time to start watching the snow. Since the first blizzard of the season is now pelting the midwest and further East it won't be too soon to start this thread for this winter. Let us know what the weather is like where you live and take pictures,lots of pictures,so we can see why your not out running your boats.
It's 88 here and heading for 90 in a couple of hours. The snowbirds are starting to arrive so maybe out economy will improve for the next few months. Lord knows we can use the business. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:27 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,458 Posts
Snow...lol...it was 90 here yesterday too....the only snow we have down here is the kind you take a straw to...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:53 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,728 Posts
Oh the happy snow your talking about. Saw a guy in a bar one time. Pulled out his smokes and out came a baggy of the white stuff and spilled all over the bar. He never missed a beat and plucked a straw out of the holder and snorted the whole thing right there. Ten minutes later off he went to jail in the back of a cruiser.
Same guy borrowed a friends van,went to the county sheriffs evidence barn,removed a metal panel off the outside and loaded the van with bales of pot. He then went home to bed and about an hour later off he went in the paddy wagon again. Lots of guts but no brains. He now runs a pot store out in California. The fox guarding the henhouse. Ha! Pete
Old Oct 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
SE Wisconsin
Joined Mar 2009
175 Posts
We haven't seen any snow in SE Wisconsin yet, but they are calling for a chance of snow showers this evening with a low of 36. The weather now is about 52 degrees and extreamly windy...last report winds were gusting close to 50 mph. We have been under a high wind warning since yesterday morning and is set to expire this evening at 7:00. The peak wind gust in my area yesterday was 68 MPH...no damage to the yard or house as of yet.

John
jschneider is offline Find More Posts by jschneider
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:05 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,765 Posts
A little bit early to think of snow here, but then you never can tell in this area.

Right now it's sunny and breezy,with a lot of leaves to rake.

But like Schneider says, this can change in a heartbeat---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:09 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
What an ugly question, but let me show you, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 34 degrees today and it will drop till 15 tonight

BUT THURSDAY IT WILL BE BALMY 58 AND FRIDAY EVEN 60 PLUS
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:23 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,728 Posts
Hey Schrott. I figured this thread would draw you out. Havn't heard from you all summer. You got your stash figured for the winter yet? Time to start bring in the beer in case ya get snowed in like usual. Pete
Old Oct 27, 2010, 08:28 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschneider View Post
We haven't seen any snow in SE Wisconsin yet, but they are calling for a chance of snow showers this evening with a low of 36. The weather now is about 52 degrees and extreamly windy...last report winds were gusting close to 50 mph. We have been under a high wind warning since yesterday morning and is set to expire this evening at 7:00. The peak wind gust in my area yesterday was 68 MPH...no damage to the yard or house as of yet.

John
John, you live too close to Sheboygan. It's always colder there.
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:19 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
2,051 Posts
..and we should make jschneider admit he lives in mid Wisconsin, compared to those of us in the deep south (deep south Wisconsin, that is). But I'm afraid I'm not far enough south to avoid the cold and wind. The Racine, Wisconsin (where I work) tornado bounced over our heads the other day. One mile west of us the Case New Holland building lost a piece of it's roof the size of a football field. A half mile east there was a strip mall that had some wind damage, fallen trees, etc. For us, just windy.

Dave
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:01 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,728 Posts
Darn! That snow didn't last long. Have to wait for the next blizzaed I guess. Pete
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:38 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
Darn! That snow didn't last long. Have to wait for the next blizzaed I guess. Pete
HA Pete I hope you have to wait till Jan or Feb.
Last year I went to town Dec. 25 to check on my business and move the snow out of the parking lot.
It took me 1 hour to get home, 10 miles. Total whiteout, had to put chains on my Subaru, to get up the hill, the last 3 miles.
Actually, being a child, I enjoyed going up the hill full blast, plowing with the bumper, seeing crap, the dogs geting all exited, jumping all over the car, geting glued to the side window in the curves, HOHOHOHOHO
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:03 PM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,783 Posts
Nope.. no snow here.. a rather pleasant 70 degrees... .. but a chill wind...
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:26 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
toes. i didnt have any idea that you flew. nice slope to sail from. looks good.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:43 PM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonis View Post
toes. i didnt have any idea that you flew. nice slope to sail from. looks good.
I've been flying on and off since i was 15... that's... erk.. 35 years!..

Voodoo build thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1288273
Local slopes thread.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324901
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:56 PM
AMA 743519 Team Heliproz Pilot
United States, WA, Granite Falls
Joined Mar 2006
1,143 Posts
nice! i just got back into flying for the winter. no boats to build. got many airframes to finish. i started flying in 04 and flew for 3 yrs. took a little time off and got back into cars a year ago. discovered most in car racing are morons and can keep them cars. ill do somthing fun. (and less stressful) so im back to flying. mostly parkfliers for now. no gas. electric only. cheers.
drakonis is offline Find More Posts by drakonis