Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:37 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
Video
Hobby Lobby ASK-21

ASK-21 Glider RTF

Hobby Lobby ASK-21 Sailplane (1 min 14 sec)

Self-launching sailplane with scale looks and great thermal performance
78-3/4" wingspan, 39-3/8" long, 400 sq. in. wing area, 27 oz. flying weight, RG-15 airfoil. The ASK-21 is a sport scale self-launching sailplane that is easy to transport and launch. Its tough EPO foam construction makes it a low anxiety, take it anywhere, fly it anytime glider. The pre-installed outrunner motor provides plenty of power to climb to thermal altitude in seconds and when you shut down the power the prop blades fold and you are off seeking thermals.

Flight times are only limited by thermal activity and your skill at finding them. The RG-15 airfoil has a broad speed range and penetrates well to get back from those downwind thermals.

Assembly requires only a few minutes and does not require any glue. All the tools required are supplied in the kit. Wings and tail are easily removed for transport and storage; take it with you nearly anywhere, when the conditions are good you'll be ready.

An ASK-21 2 Meter Glider Receiver Ready Version is also available.
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:03 PM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,475 Posts
Wow! That looks pretty nice, Jason. Very light weight for a 2-meter electric ship.

Andy
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:09 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Jason,

Superb flying was demonstrated by keeping that big glider in close proximity to the camera. The ASK 21 climbed out with authority once launched and flew very smooth. Cool little touch and go on what look like dirt.

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:29 AM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,510 Posts
Looks like the soon to be released Radian Pro will have some competition.

EDIT: I just realized that this glider doesn't have flaps. Still looks like a great deal.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal
Last edited by road_rascal; Oct 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:47 PM
aka Schleppmeister
PA
Joined Feb 2006
1,933 Posts
here is my mini-review. I am very happy with what I paid for. Here is the link to my flight video:

ASK-21 from Art-Tech (1 min 52 sec)

http://iflytailies.jimdo.com/
iflytailies is offline Find More Posts by iflytailies
Old Nov 01, 2010, 06:38 AM
I have Imajinary Airplanes
7 Miles from Turkey Hill Slope, PA.
Joined Mar 2003
656 Posts
Alex, thanks for posting video of my ASK. Pretty nice plane for the money. I replaced radio with my own AR 500. (I purchased the RTF version with radio). I did so because of stated range. Also, I can adjust elevator travel (it is sensitive), Duh, it's a T-tail. I also can add Expo to controls. this plane shuld get a workout later this week at the 44th Cumberland Soar for Fun in Western MD..

Dave
soarntz is offline Find More Posts by soarntz
Last edited by soarntz; Nov 01, 2010 at 02:04 PM.