Old Oct 26, 2010, 05:38 PM
del
north of Chicago
Joined Feb 2003
1,827 Posts
Discussion
Yet Another PZ Sukhoi Hack..

Howdy,

I bought a PZ Sukhoi via ebay a few months ago and, finally, got around to messing with it. It was sold has having a dead aileron servo, but that turned out to be just a bad factory solder joint.

Having seen other folks try to fly them in the local gym, it was clear to me that they were too fast for my old brain to keep up with... So I decided to reduce the wing loading by turning it into a biplane.

With a piece of 3mm Depron, some CF tubes, and some blobs of epoxy, the wing area is now more than doubled. The all-up weight is 38.4 g. And, holding it by the wing tip, it still seems to have enough thrust to go vertical. (Though I doubt that _I_ do...)

I'll test fly it on Monday. Wish me luck...

And, if you have a suggestion for a name...

--del
del is offline Find More Posts by del
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
Wantirna Sth Vic,Australia
Joined Jul 2006
336 Posts
Su-52.
biznitch is offline Find More Posts by biznitch