SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:52 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,521 Posts
Discussion
Stevens Aeromodel Adrenaline Rush, Anyone?

A few days ago I asked if anyone here ever sells their fast planes. After a day or two I was made several nice offers. Still the cost to get into them was more than I wanted to spend at this time. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Stevens Aeromodel Adrenaline Rush. It is small which is a compromise for me. I'd rather have it bigger but it's very inexpensive. Is it any good? With the right setup, supposedly this little guy will do 85. It looks interesting to me. What do you think?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:29 AM
Joined Oct 2010
119 Posts
to me it looks like a parkflyer than a hotliner... i would save the money and wait till somebody sells one of his pylon / f5b machine... you have to look periodical in the second hand market here in the forum or somewhere else...there are always people who want to have the newest from the newest and then they sell their "old" stuff...

but you will never find a real hotliner for 15 $ like on this site you posted, thatīs for shure ;-)

thomas
blumebernburg is offline Find More Posts by blumebernburg
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:05 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,521 Posts
Obviously it's a parkflyer type plane but one that does 85 mph. Again, I'm looking at getting my feet wet with a fast plane. I don't really want to spend $500+ to get a used F5D airframe in the air only to find that I don't like that kind of flying.

I dunno, maybe it's not a serious enough plane to ask about in this particular forum...
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
Joined Oct 2010
119 Posts
you will only find out if you like driving a ferrari if you have driven one...what i wanne say is, do you have nobody in your area who already flys such competition planes (f5b, f5d...) so that you get in touch with it...

maybe you buy this plane in your link and it flys very miserable which would be imho not very surprising for a price of 15$...then you come to the conclusion that something like that is nothing for you and that would be in my opinion the wrong conclusion.

when i began with f5b, i also bought such a cheap plane (not so cheap like in the link) it flys very miserable and had nothing to do with real f5b, then i bought a surprise from rfm and it was totally diffrent in flying...it was real fun.

i mean at least you can buy a competition plane, if you donīt like flying it, you can sell it and i think you will have no problem selling it...and the money you will loose will not more than you will trying one cheap plane after an other...and the advantage of this is you have really flown a competition plane and you can say for sure if you liked it or not...and no comoparisions between planes you really cannot compare.
blumebernburg is offline Find More Posts by blumebernburg
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Landings are not optional
Van Nuys, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,805 Posts
Check these planes out: www.nanoplanes.net/
Dave has figured out the right gear to get these planes flying fast for cheap...I've clocked the balsa baby shark over 125 mph.
DeuceTrinal is offline Find More Posts by DeuceTrinal
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:10 AM
Truss-Loc Monkey
Colorado Springs, CO
Joined Feb 2002
4,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
A few days ago I asked if anyone here ever sells their fast planes. After a day or two I was made several nice offers. Still the cost to get into them was more than I wanted to spend at this time. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Stevens Aeromodel Adrenaline Rush. It is small which is a compromise for me. I'd rather have it bigger but it's very inexpensive. Is it any good? With the right setup, supposedly this little guy will do 85. It looks interesting to me. What do you think?

Several folks have built these over the years... I'll remain neutral... their thoughts and opinions are in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...er+speed+stick
Stevens AeroModel is offline Find More Posts by Stevens AeroModel
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:30 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumebernburg View Post
you will only find out if you like driving a ferrari if you have driven one...what i wanne say is, do you have nobody in your area who already flys such competition planes (f5b, f5d...) so that you get in touch with it...

maybe you buy this plane in your link and it flys very miserable which would be imho not very surprising for a price of 15$...then you come to the conclusion that something like that is nothing for you and that would be in my opinion the wrong conclusion.

when i began with f5b, i also bought such a cheap plane (not so cheap like in the link) it flys very miserable and had nothing to do with real f5b, then i bought a surprise from rfm and it was totally diffrent in flying...it was real fun.

i mean at least you can buy a competition plane, if you donīt like flying it, you can sell it and i think you will have no problem selling it...and the money you will loose will not more than you will trying one cheap plane after an other...and the advantage of this is you have really flown a competition plane and you can say for sure if you liked it or not...and no comoparisions between planes you really cannot compare.
First off, if it flew like crap, Stevens Aero wouldn't offer it for sale. They have too many good flying planes to their credit to offer up crap and damage the name.

Secondly, I really don't have any local people that fly these kinds of planes. Well, there are a few within a hour or so of driving but I don't think I'm driving down there and asking them to try one of their planes.

The more I think about it the more interested I become, especially at that price. Shoot, at that price I could probably even talk a couple guys in my into getting one so we try our hand at racing.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:40 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
I'd say the average flight speed of a SA Adrenaline Rush is about 45-60mph. You can achieve 85mph but it will be heavier and might give you launching fits.

Mine flies nicely around 50mph and is great for small spaces.

B
fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:59 PM
Lambertville,nj, usa
Joined May 2000
352 Posts
Strap a 4000kv Neumotors Proton on 3 400mah cells with a PHX 10 esc and a 3"X3" prop on the Adrenalin Rush and you will need a very big park to fly comfortably. I fly mine with a Medusa 4000kv 12mm(replaced by the Proton). It slows down nicely for landing but will also have unlimited vertical and surprisingly fast flat and level performance.

Ed
ED B is offline Find More Posts by ED B
Old Oct 26, 2010, 07:20 PM
RC,ROBOTICS,LASERS
Clovis,Ca.
Joined Sep 2006
572 Posts
Also their is the slipso kit and a long thread here on rcg.

http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=444

Or a rifle

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXYVZ8&P=0
n-2-stuff is offline Find More Posts by n-2-stuff
Last edited by n-2-stuff; Oct 26, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:58 PM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Jan 2006
1,102 Posts
I've built 3 speed sticks and thought the world of them. Like StevensAero suggests, take a look at the link he posted.
gofish is offline Find More Posts by gofish
Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:43 PM
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2007
749 Posts
this is a fun plane not a 200mph plane but mine does about 85 i have a fiego motor 10 amp esc, 2 9 gream servos 3 cell 400 mah and a 3x3 prop
not sure of the weight but its a little heavy for its size, they recommend 5 gram servos 2-3 cell lipo between 200 -500 mah , i could have built mine a little lighter but i used what i had in my box of parts, for $15 you can go wrong, and you can have this plane going for WAY under $100

ed
ED3 is offline Find More Posts by ED3
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:58 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,815 Posts
glad i found this thread. a guy in my club has one but he never flys it he says its to fast for him. I was under the idea its a 90mph plane. i know its small and smaller looks fast. but is 70-80 really all you get out of it? I am about to buy one all needs is a rx and batt for $25 anything $25 sounds good to me. even if it wont go as fast as I thought it still be fun I guess.
this ones got a Medusa 5300kv and 10A cc esc. trying fig out what size pack to run on it
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc