HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2010, 05:56 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Help!
Finding a 72Mhz TX Module for Turnigy/FlySky/Eurgle 9x transmitter

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 72MHz RF TX Module (Crystal or synthesis) which work with this radio (turnigy/flysky/imax/eurgle/etc 9x 9ch). Seems to need a JR compatible module.

but:

1. JR genuine or other modules i have found are more expensive than the radio itself (don't want sell my kidney to buy this )
2. It's out of stock since the dinosaur's extinction

It seems that flysky build this kind of module (some picture on manual, with reference: FS-HFM01), but can't find it....

Anyone have any shop website links or idea (a diy module, or hugly transplant from other radio)

Thanks you.
penpen is offline Find More Posts by penpen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:05 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,269 Posts
Note that you can't just use a real JR module in the 9x as the pin which JR expects to provide regulated voltage is grounded. There is a fix for this, but it involves modifying the transmitter to incorporate a voltage regulator. I can find the info if you need it. By the way, used JR modules on 72 should be available cheaply. New ones are, of course, expensive.

The simple answer -- if you can find one -- is a FlySky or equivalent 72 module. But I haven't seen them on sale for a year or so.

Forget DIY modules or transplants on 72. They are strictly illegal and not very practical. The two feasible solutions are outlined above.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:44 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Thanks for information,

i already know about 6v mod needed, i'll have an old 35Mhz module working with that.

but i don't understand why diy/transplanting a 72 sys is illegal ? In my country (france) theoretically, if i don't get over 1W PIRE power emitting (some restriction with specif frequency like, 10mW on 2.4ghz outdoor, 100mW indoor, 4W on CB, etc...), or using reserved frequency (airport, military,etc..) or HAM frequency without HAM licence, no probs, i can do what i want. And in practice, nobody care about that....
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:16 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post
but i don't understand why diy/transplanting a 72 sys is illegal ? In my country (france) theoretically, if i don't get over 1W PIRE power emitting (some restriction with specif frequency like, 10mW on 2.4ghz outdoor, 100mW indoor, 4W on CB, etc...), or using reserved frequency (airport, military,etc..) or HAM frequency without HAM licence, no probs, i can do what i want. And in practice, nobody care about that....
As I understand it, for FCC approval either the whole transmitter or the module must be certified. The module/TX must remain intact (in the USA that means you can't even change the crystal but in Canada we can do it). Any other options are illegal. The situation is quite different for 2.4.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:40 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
so i'll try to use a 72MHz fs-ct6a as master tx remotely emitting the command from the 9x, should work without any physical mods, maybe some software adjust on the uchip.... but limited to 6channel
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:39 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
JR module is incompatible with FlySky/Turnigy TX.

You can get 72MHz FlySky module from some Chinese distributors. I forgot which. Try HiModel.com or bidproduct.com.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:01 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
It works with 6v mod (putting some reg/cap)

Thanks but already looked on these sites, HiModel is out of stock for WFLY 72MHz since... "a long time ago, far far away galaxy"... or module are more expensive than the TX and no 72MHz module on bidproduct.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
penpen,

rcmodelreviews.com has one 72MHz mdule to spare.
Contact Bruce.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:13 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Bruce said it would be free for asking.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:43 AM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,220 Posts
Quote:
You sure thats the case in France ?

Are there not European Union wide rules for type approval an CE marking of equipment ?
srnet is offline Find More Posts by srnet
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:01 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Thanks a lot but not needed anymore, transplanting and forwarding ppm signal to turborix's transceiver's part of pcb works correctly, just some AOp and NAND gates UC (can't translate correctly sorry).

srnt, i spoke about what you can do as "hobbyist" not as professionnal, but as far i know, "1W PIRE emitting, 4W CB, 100mW HF indoor, 10mW HF outdoor and others thing" are parts of CE rules
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:02 PM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,220 Posts
Quote:
srnt, i spoke about what you can do as "hobbyist" not as professionnal, but as far i know, "1W PIRE emitting, 4W CB, 100mW HF indoor, 10mW HF outdoor and others thing" are parts of CE rules
I will dispel the convenient illusion.

Just because you are a "hobbyist" does not mean you can legally modify any equipment you like or transmit on any frequency you like.

So what exactly does;

"1W PIRE emitting, 4W CB, 100mW HF indoor, 10mW HF outdoor and others thing".

Allow you to do ?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 05:02 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2010
78 Posts
Yep, you don't have legally right to modify any equipement as you like, but if you take care of legal limitation, specification and accept to break warranty and knowing that "do not modify" say "if you do, you are responsible, not the manufacturer" , you can do.

I don't know exactly all limitation but these are well-known limitation in france (perhaps european too):

- Not more than 1W outdoor PIRE (EIRP, Equivalent isotropically radiated power) in most case, excepted frequency which have specified power limitation
- Max 4W PIRE on CB (Citizen Band) and voice only (no data/encoded stuff)
- Max 100mW on HF (900MHz, 1.2Ghz and higher) indoor and 10mW outdoor, excepted for some specific frequency (ex: 2,4 – 2,483 5 GHz, 2.5mW outdoor, 5,470 – 5,725 GHz 1W outdoor, etc...)
- Max 10mW on 433Mhz
- Or some limitation if you are near an hospital, airport, etc...

Theses are exemples of limitations. The PIRE is calculed with a theoritical omni-directionnal antenna (isotropic antenna or something like that), so with directional antenna (dish, yagi,...), you can have legaly more power.

But in the other hand, you can import/find/buy/sell 2.4Ghz wireless cam with 500mW Amp on omni-directional antenna (which is supposed to be illegal) in your nearest electronics market.... and ducks will rule the world when we'll see our police-men/guy supposed to regulate radio-frequency legislation with frequency scanner/power-meter or other things (excepted, i think, near airport or places like that). I remember using HF Amp on wifi AP at university labs to do some spectrum analysis, and the power was a lot more than 10/100mW. That's why i said "nobody care", you can legaly buy/sell, teachers do without any authorization and no "real people" to verify.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:38 AM
Stuart
UK, Cardiff
Joined Dec 2008
3,220 Posts
Quote:
- Max 10mW on 433Mhz
An example, in this part of Europe (UK), devices transmitting no more than 10mw in the 433Mhz band are license exempt, the user does not need a license to use them.

However to qualify for license exemption all such devices need to be type approved, its not sufficient that the devices just meet the technical requirements, the type approval process need to be followed.

Same applies to CB stuff in the UK, no license needed but type approved equipment required, modify it and its no longer type approved and cant be used.

The only persons that I am aware of that can produce DIY equipment, including modifying type approved stuff, are those holding Amateur radio licenses, and then only in the specified bands.

Surprised its any different in France.

Granted that the legal requirements surrounding type approval are widely ignored, and that its easy to buy equipment that legally cannot be used.