HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Question
Question about motor for the Electrifly Reactor Bipe

Hi all. My current airplane is the Parkzone Extra 300, and since I'm not really crashing anymore, I'm looking to get a new precision/3D bipe. Looked at a few bipes and I'm really digging the Reactor Bipe from electrifly. I don't want to buy new electronics, so I'm planning on gutting my Extra into the new airframe. Checked it out and everything looks good. Servos will work, batteries will work, Rx will work no doubt, but I have a question about the motor and ESC. THe ESC is 30 amp, I think that will do fine. But my real question is about the motor. The motor that is in the extra is a 15 size BL outrunner (950kv), sorry I can't find a link for it, so if you guys could tell me if that would work or not, that would be great. Thanks!
lazor 22 is offline Find More Posts by lazor 22
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:17 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Ok, I think it may be this one,

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ickAccessories
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wendell, NC
Joined Jun 2010
1,217 Posts
Anyone?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:30 PM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
electrifly bipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
Hi all. My current airplane is the Parkzone Extra 300, and since I'm not really crashing anymore, I'm looking to get a new precision/3D bipe. Looked at a few bipes and I'm really digging the Reactor Bipe from electrifly. I don't want to buy new electronics, so I'm planning on gutting my Extra into the new airframe. Checked it out and everything looks good. Servos will work, batteries will work, Rx will work no doubt, but I have a question about the motor and ESC. THe ESC is 30 amp, I think that will do fine. But my real question is about the motor. The motor that is in the extra is a 15 size BL outrunner (950kv), sorry I can't find a link for it, so if you guys could tell me if that would work or not, that would be great. Thanks!
I have 2 reactor bips both have the E flight Power10 outrunner they have unlimited verticle flight these are the verry best in electric flight
Bartr is offline Find More Posts by Bartr
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:40 PM
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Reactor Bipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartr View Post
I have 2 reactor bips both have the E flight Power10 outrunner they have unlimited verticle flight these are the verry best in electric flight
Hello Again I have had and flown many electric planes in my time and these are a great build the arf comes with a wing Jig for putting everything together straight and true And as for flying they are excellent flyers, the recomended engine i think is rimfire motors but i had a left over power 10 eflight it bolted right on and has LOTS of power!!!!! I run the Turnigy cheap 3s 2300 batteries and sometimes my other more expensive thunder power, and cannot tell any difference. the turnigys were only 23.00a piece. the thunderpower were 70.00. The reactor has some carbon fibre in the wings and the strenth is great. the only thing i would recommend is to ad some 45 degree braces on the firewall, just for added strengh i run the specktrum ar6200 reciever. Bart.
Bartr is offline Find More Posts by Bartr
Old Feb 01, 2011, 08:45 AM
D/FW
Joined Aug 2004
703 Posts
Your motor if anything may be a little much, but it'll work. The Reactor Bipe is a very smooth flying plane, you'll love it. I crashed mine but certainly wouldn't mind building another one.
JoeDirtRC is offline Find More Posts by JoeDirtRC