HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
Discussion
Esky Lama v4 new 4 in 1 won't sync

Esky Lama v4 new 4 in 1 won't sync (replaced one damaged in crash), is there an initial step that I need to do to get it to work? Using the 2.4 GHz transmitter that comes with the heli. Eric
traderric is offline Find More Posts by traderric
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,376 Posts
The directions work, I've done it. A couple things they're hazy about. Like exactly where the bind button is. It's a hole near where the antenna comes out, about sized for a paperclip. Does pressing that with power on make it blink fast?

Two other issues common to 2.4G systems, is the TX and RX should be at least 3 feet apart (signal swamping) and not on or adjacent to a large metal surface (signal reflection).
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
Thanks so much!!! I don't have the manual, but even when I found it online after reading your post I didn't find how to bind it. But because of your post I played with the bind button (which I didn't know existed) and it is now working.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:15 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,376 Posts
Glad that solved it. Sorry I didn't know you had no instructions or I would have written those too. Finding the button is the trick part. It's not a "button" button, just a hole with a tiny switch inside.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:56 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
False celebration. After i tried it and it worked, once I unplugged the battery and turned off transmitter, it never worked again. I tried everything. If you have instructions for unbinding and binding that would be very helpful. Thanks!!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:31 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,376 Posts
Hmm. That's not supposed to happen. It's supposed to stay bound.

Procedure is:
Power heli (disconnect motors optional for safety).
Push bind button; LED blinks fast.
Turn on TX. TX light blinks for ~5sec, transmits bind code.
RX LED goes solid.
Turn everything off.
Turn on TX then heli.
It should work.

That's all it took when I did it. I do have one RX that went mental in midair. It won't bind and it sends one servo all the way one direction. It's just plain broke. Things do go wrong with them and newness hasn't much to do with it, mine wasn't old or damaged.