HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
Man you were at TN Huckfest? I was planning on driving down on Sat but they planned my sisters birthday for that day. Now it really sucks I didnt get to go. Great flight though.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 02:43 AM
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,304 Posts
I might have thought about going to the Huckfest if I had known you would be demonstrating your 104 slick with Nano receivers. Perhaps it's just as well that I didn't know since my travel is now limited by which model events I can talk my driver (wife) into attending. Getting old is hell except it beats the alternative.
ChuckA is online now Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:08 PM
United States, WA, Longview
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
Maybe this is not the proper forum but I would like to see this new transmitter have all the switches be 3 postion except fot the spring loaded switch. This way it would be easy to set up 3 different rates on one switch (if the programing in the transmitter allows). Like the new Airtronics radio.
Just my 2 cents.
TopZueg is offline Find More Posts by TopZueg
Old Mar 29, 2011, 02:21 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopZueg View Post
Maybe this is not the proper forum but I would like to see this new transmitter have all the switches be 3 postion except fot the spring loaded switch. This way it would be easy to set up 3 different rates on one switch (if the programing in the transmitter allows). Like the new Airtronics radio.
Just my 2 cents.
For helicopters, having all 3 position switched, is not ideal.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Mar 29, 2011, 06:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
For helicopters, having all 3 position switched, is not ideal.

New Tx is all three position switches, which is awesome... but Jim was describing to me that they will also have a "two position" mode for the switches that is also really cool that avoids a switch state sitting out there in a position you don't care for or haven't set up. very cool.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:25 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,671 Posts
Arron, is right. The dual position (3 position switch) works like this:

When moving the switch from the top position to the bottom position, the center position is also the top position. When moving from the bottom position to the top position, the center position is also the bottom position. Basically, the center position is also the last position selected. So, this forces you to move the switch fully to the top or the bottom to become a virtual 2 position switch.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 30, 2011, 02:51 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post

When moving the switch from the top position to the bottom position, the center position is also the top position. When moving from the bottom position to the top position, the center position is also the bottom position. Basically, the center position is also the last position selected. So, this forces you to move the switch fully to the top or the bottom to become a virtual 2 position switch.
Nice!

any estimates on when we can buy the A9 module yet?
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old Mar 30, 2011, 03:54 PM
Joined Feb 2004
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Nice!

any estimates on when we can buy the A9 module yet?
http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/products.php?cat=12
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:05 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande View Post
Nice!
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:10 PM
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
Thanks Jim for a great answer

Quote:

Thanks for this answer and thanks for making the radio with all these features. Thank you also for making a system that is so affordable to evryone and with features that the over sea's people just cant compete with.

I bought a futaba 9ZAP about 10 years ago and spent over a 1000 dollars for it, only to see it get outdated so soon. I feel like an idiot for spending so much money on this transmitter. I will feel like a scholar purchasing your system.

I will be happy to know my money will be going to Americans and keeping our money in our economy instead of overseas.

Thanks again for all your doing for our hobby and employing american workers.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:27 PM
Joined May 2009
54 Posts
Jim I don't know if can tell us this? But I would like to know if this radio system is coming out at the price of $249.00 like I have seen on these posts and magazine articles or close to this price. I see that the 8 channel GRAUPNER MX-16 radio on your site is $299. I find it hard to believe but please tell me it is true this radio will be around $249.00.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 06:45 PM
NE Pa
Joined Aug 2005
82 Posts
Ordered the A9 module on Monday. Hasn't shipped yet.
They might be busy!
stall warning is offline Find More Posts by stall warning
Old Mar 31, 2011, 08:22 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stall warning View Post
Ordered the A9 module on Monday. Hasn't shipped yet.
They might be busy!
And probably at the Toledo Show.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Mar 31, 2011, 09:31 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,772 Posts
Quote:

Clever!
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Apr 07, 2011, 01:44 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,452 Posts
Is the module user updateable. Firmware-wise?
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60