HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:13 AM
Joined Feb 2007
126 Posts
[QUOTE=JimDrew;17479304]Boards arrived today. Now, we are building and testing units.QUOTE]
Great news!
This module uses the new RF chip doesn't it?? Does that meen the new receivers are arriving any day now too??

And,This should jump start the telemetry situation(shouldn't it?).
I meen,sensors must be coming real soon,or ability to connect to HITEC's sensors.And the aurora 9 radio won't be the only display option,Will it?!!
KB9STD is offline Find More Posts by KB9STD
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:15 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
subscribed
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old Feb 22, 2011, 03:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB9STD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Boards arrived today. Now, we are building and testing units.
Great news!
This module uses the new RF chip doesn't it?? Does that meen the new receivers are arriving any day now too??

And,This should jump start the telemetry situation(shouldn't it?).
I meen,sensors must be coming real soon,or ability to connect to HITEC's sensors.And the aurora 9 radio won't be the only display option,Will it?!!
These units use the older RF boards, not the new boards (which are still in production).

We have no plans to market sensors. However, we will have an adapter that lets you use Eagletree and Hitec sensors with our receivers.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2011, 05:55 PM
3D Legion: "for we are many"
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
[QUOTE=theKM;17137653 This allows the Tx to do all the servo matching which Hitec use as a big selling feature for easy setups... in essence two nano's can do what their Optima 9 can do including run the HV voltage directly.
[/QUOTE]

What is this feature all about? servo matching? And I can still use it with the Xtreme....
aerosheldon is offline Find More Posts by aerosheldon
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon View Post
What is this feature all about? servo matching? And I can still use it with the Xtreme....

ah, servo matching...

...well, the Aurora 9 can arbitrarily assign channels mapped to whatever functions, and you can independently set the mid and end points. They've made videos about how to easily set up ganged servos in giant planes by just plugging the servos into the receiver, tell the channel outputs to duplicated whatever feature and then you can set the mid and endpoints up for each servo in the radio... super easy. You burn up all your channels (Aurora having 9, so 8 control surface servos will leave one channel free on my 104 for ignition kill, as an example)... this is the easiest way to set up planes.

...and because you can configure Nano receivers to output channels 1-16, you can use two Nano's to get what a 9 channel receiver can do with the Aurora.

But the story is even better... when the FCC gets done with XPS's new boards, the receivers that are coming will be even better. The other way other than programming the radio is to use matchboxes or to program the servos directly. Programming the servos direct is a little bit of a hassle, matchboxes are awesome but $60-70 each. These new receivers will have the matchbox ability built in... so you can tell servo outputs to duplicate the one channel, and then set mid and end points in the receiver.... this saves having to use a matchbox and from burning up an extra channel.

...with these receivers, you will be able to make a 104" Slick be a 5 channel airplane (ail, elev, rudd, throttle, ignition kill) and have 4 free channels free for toys using an Aurora 9. Sweetness.

The new Rx's will get even more awesome with respect to ganged servos, but this is enough typing for now
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,918 Posts
Yes, and the 16 channel receiver will have the ability to AutoMatch(tm) the servo outputs using current detection. For example, let's say you had a rudder rack consisting of three JR8711 servos. You would tell the receiver that one of the three is the master, set the end points, and then just simply pressing a button the other two servos would automatically have their centers and end points adjusted so that no binding at all occurs, even with linkages that are mechnically off.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
WOW! And I am saving for a 104 Slick right now... Christmas is the end date but we have to plan Will the XPS rx's be more exensive? Can I just put a 2S lipo right into them?

Ordering a 59 Slick asap.... to hold me over.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2003
2,902 Posts
Quote:
Yes, and the 16 channel receiver will have the ability to AutoMatch(tm) the servo outputs using current detection. For example, let's say you had a rudder rack consisting of three JR8711 servos. You would tell the receiver that one of the three is the master, set the end points, and then just simply pressing a button the other two servos would automatically have their centers and end points adjusted so that no binding at all occurs, even with linkages that are mechnically off.
I won't say what I used to do back in the day, but I love the idea of this. This is truly awesome....
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:40 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
IMO, XPS should also make their own matchbox that does this... JR and Futaba's matchboxes cost $60-70, with no auto matching. Auto matching would make all the giant scale guys beat a path to the door regardless of the radio they're using... breaking out the watt meter to manually set servos is a chore. They could even get fancy, a row of input pins, and a row of output pins... assign the output pins to an input channel, set master servos, tell it to go play... one device replacing multiple matchboxes... killer.

...could also do it like the flybarless boxes, connect a satellite, and this device becomes the output manager of the other crappy radio links.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:27 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
WOW! lots of goodis coming along in this hobby.Technology seems to be coming more rapidly these days..very cool!I havent really thought about swapping my module out of my A9,but might would have to try it for the heck of it when these are ready.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:35 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
And again XPS will set the hobby world on its ear. All the while the competition trying to pretend like they dont even exist lol. I for one cant wait. I have been looking for a full house sailplane. Am gonna have to find one so I have an excuse to buy one of the new Rx's.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:12 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I've been trying to resist, but this just keeps getting better.
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Mar 02, 2011, 02:41 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Sorry if it's already been answered, but is there a release date for the A9 module yet? I have a couple of plane projects that will be finished up in April and May and I'm trying to see if I need to buy Optima receivers or XPS receivers
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:15 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Sorry if it's already been answered, but is there a release date for the A9 module yet? I have a couple of plane projects that will be finished up in April and May and I'm trying to see if I need to buy Optima receivers or XPS receivers
my guess would be the Toledo show...
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:17 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
my guess would be the Toledo show...
Thank you sir