Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:37 PM
Once u go yak u never go back
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
it was a leap of faith when i put that little rx in my 89...All the guys I fly with were like looking at me like I was messing up.Still just shake their head but neary a glitch yet and i don't always fly that plane close..
Thanks for chiming in Manta. That's about how I feel right now. It's like..."Where's the rest of it?" "Are you sure that's all it came with?" LOL. The guys at my field are going to be giving those same looks. I cant wait!!!!
marksextra is offline Find More Posts by marksextra
Last edited by marksextra; Feb 17, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 07:30 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksextra View Post
Thanks for chiming in Manta. That's about how I feel right now. It's like..."Where's the rest of it?" "Are you sure that's all it came with?" LOL. The guys at my field are going to be giving those same looks. I cant wait!!!!
yep,but i now don't have that "deer in the headlight" look if I fly at a field in a crowd anymore.I trust the link,which is NOT something I could say when i flew spectrum.Havent lost a plane due to link loss since switching..Manta happy.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:34 PM
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
If you ordered the module and top mount adapter at the same time you should have also received an extra blank case. Your total cable length (from u.FL connector to the tip of the antenna connector) should be 7". If you received a 10" long version, then you were sent the wrong one. That one is for the EVO. The extra blank case is so you have a clean back (no antenna connector). .
I'm starting to feel like a problem customer here. but...

I received this today as the replacement for the incorrect 10" cable I received. Clearly not 7".
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,746 Posts
You're right. I am not even sure where that came from... that is an odd size. Our original cables were 5", and the new ones (as of 2 years ago) have all been 7".

edit: we measured our inventory here and the cables are about 6.5", which is a bit longer than the 5.75" pictured above. That must have been some odd ball size that just so happened to have been included with our normal inventory. It should still fit, but you won't have as much room.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Feb 21, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Jim,

This is the replacement I was sent. Looks like this is the correct one then.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:42 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,746 Posts
Yep, that looks more like it!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
Is the receiver voltage suppose to show up on the Aurora 9 screen with the XPS module. All I'm getting the transmitter voltage?

Also If someone is looking for a Royal Evo with the XPS module, I've got one gathering dust.

Daryl
cgblues is offline Find More Posts by cgblues
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:20 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
It will if you get an rx with telemetry, i.e. one of the 8 or 9 ch (at the present time). The 6-ch nano is like the minima: no telemetry at all.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
I'm using the 9 channel receiver and I have turned on the telemetry, set it to 1, but all I get is transmitter voltage so I guess something isn't working right, I'll contact the XPS service rep here in Canada and see what he has to say. Thanks
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
It was a simple fix, my receivers were not updated so a quick flash and like magic the transmitter pack voltage is now showing.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:39 PM
Newbie,3D Wannabe :)
United States, NJ, Somerset
Joined Feb 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
That antenna is not legal for use with our module. It was not certified with the RF transceiver. I don't know what dBi antenna that is, but it could very well cause an impedance mismatch, resulting in poor range or spurious emissions that could affect other 2.4GHz devices.

The coax for the Hitec radio is longer than the one that we use (7" for normal modules, 10" for EVO/Profi). I just wanted you to be aware that longer coaxes result in lower output power. Will it make a difference for you, unlikely. But, you should be aware of it.

I think as long as you are careful with the cable, your mod will work just fine.

BTW, there are a LOT of people that have had cable issues with both Hitec and Spektrum setups.
Hi Jim,Im in a market for a radio,and strongly considering A9,For Mostly a sport flier ,and just getting into mild 3D Would I Benefit from your module/receivers?

Or will i be fine with Hitec? I need A radio BAD,I Have NIB Fut 7CHP On 72 Band,Do You Offer Internal Module i can use for it to convert to 2.4ghz Which was my second Route Using FrSky Hack Module Or Just Fly 72 Band lol since everyone almost moved up to 2.4Ghz I was out of the hobby for a bit and did own few DX7's,9303 With Spec Module,And Last Was Early Model Of DX8 And Im So Happy I Left Spectrum Camp,Now I Hear Horror Stories About Them. But someone posted in here that they flew with XPS and with no antenna as it broke and he was fine...thats what makes me really consider getting your Module,The Actual LINK from TX-to RX and no brownouts like i experienced with Spectrum and lost a plane on Ar6250
Skywalker14 is offline Find More Posts by Skywalker14
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Feb 2011
93 Posts
Oh And BTW how much is the conversion and receiver pricing ?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
You might be able to connect a module to the trainer plug on your 7C like the FRSky hack module, there are a couple of examples around this section of the forum. Receiver prices are posted on the XPS website and range from around $30 to more than $100 depending on the version you buy.

There is also nothing that says you can not continue to use the 72mhz system while you look around a little more. Receivers are cheap and plentiful (especially used) and the system still works just as well as it ever did, maybe better since there are fewer people using 72mhz. I suggest not jumping into a system right now since the XPS radio should be available in the next couple of months (or less). If I absolutely had to buy something right now I would either choose a used TX like the Futaba 9C (module based) or new would probably be a Futaba 8FG. If budget minded I would order (and wait for) a Turnigy 9x, and buy the programming board and other essentials to bring the software up to where it needs to be. However by the time you receive that 9x you might be able to have the XPS transmitter which should have higher quality components for more reliable long term operation.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:14 PM
Joined Feb 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
You might be able to connect a module to the trainer plug on your 7C like the FRSky hack module, there are a couple of examples around this section of the forum. Receiver prices are posted on the XPS website and range from around $30 to more than $100 depending on the version you buy.

There is also nothing that says you can not continue to use the 72mhz system while you look around a little more. Receivers are cheap and plentiful (especially used) and the system still works just as well as it ever did, maybe better since there are fewer people using 72mhz. I suggest not jumping into a system right now since the XPS radio should be available in the next couple of months (or less). If I absolutely had to buy something right now I would either choose a used TX like the Futaba 9C (module based) or new would probably be a Futaba 8FG. If budget minded I would order (and wait for) a Turnigy 9x, and buy the programming board and other essentials to bring the software up to where it needs to be. However by the time you receive that 9x you might be able to have the XPS transmitter which should have higher quality components for more reliable long term operation.
Wow Thanx Alot For Your Info!

XPS TX From Ground Up? SWEEET!
Any Early Pre Production Photos Of The Radio?
Reason I Did not want to use my 7chp because its NIB complete version with digital servos and all im just not sure how much to ask for it,i also will include Berg7 besides the PCM unit that comes with it,FMA Direct 7Ch Universal And 8ch Fm Fut have no clue what to ask for all this,im def willing to wait,and meanwhile pick up DX6i or something since i still have few DSM2 receivers and place where i fly is Miles away From Humanity LOL Private Field With 10 Of US
and on reg basis no one is there during week so its quiet,we have electricity and all its great
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker14 View Post
Wow Thanx Alot For Your Info!

XPS TX From Ground Up? SWEEET!
Any Early Pre Production Photos Of The Radio?
Reason I Did not want to use my 7chp because its NIB complete version with digital servos and all im just not sure how much to ask for it,i also will include Berg7 besides the PCM unit that comes with it,FMA Direct 7Ch Universal And 8ch Fm Fut have no clue what to ask for all this,im def willing to wait,and meanwhile pick up DX6i or something since i still have few DSM2 receivers and place where i fly is Miles away From Humanity LOL Private Field With 10 Of US
and on reg basis no one is there during week so its quiet,we have electricity and all its great
I think you better stick with what you got !!
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez