↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udogigahertz View Post
That is hard to believe.

Udo
ya... I noticed it with my regular planes, but it is more noticeable on a good fomie. especially WOT rollers with the roll rate of a modern freestyle foamie.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2010, 05:17 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Through a telemetry sensor that can measure voltage, temperature, RPMs, etc.
Does this require another board, like with the Aurora/Optima setup. In the smaller models like the Trex 450 Pro, this would be a problem, getting it to fit.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:56 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
Yes, you need external sensors. Our sensors are the size of our XDP. In fact, it is fluke that the XDP used that case (it just happen to fit). That case is the case for our sensors.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2010, 07:56 PM
NE Pa
Joined Aug 2005
82 Posts
With this module, would the A9 "think" that their module is inserted?

I have an A9 with the universal module which is working fine. I did discover
something strange when used in the Trainer mode. The A9 will not accept
a PPM from the Slave in either of the 2 trainer modes. The servo monitor
shows no movement. If their digital module is inserted, it will work. The
A9 will work as a slave with both modules. I have the new cord and
adapter setup.

I've not seen anything like this reported in the A9 threads. Was waiting
till their 72MHz module was released to see if others had the same issue.

I still intend to purchase the new module anyway.
stall warning is offline Find More Posts by stall warning
Old Nov 03, 2010, 10:24 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
Yes, the A9 believes there is a AFHSS module installed. I have duplicated every signal exactly as their module.

I will look into the trainer port issue. Since this port is driven independant of the module port output, it is likely they have done this on purpose (or unknowingly as they don't have 72MHz modules yet).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:38 AM
Joined Nov 2004
177 Posts
I've heard through the grapevine that your field testing the new module, that's great.

Will it be easy to change modules back and forth or is the XPS module hard wired like My Evo?

Will the XPS module come with its own antenna or do we use the Aurora 9 antenna? If we use an XPS antenna, how do you get the Aurora antenna out of the case?

If it's easy to change modules, will you have to rebind the corresponding receivers every time you change modules, in other words, do I loose my binds when transferring modules back and forth?
cgblues is offline Find More Posts by cgblues
Old Nov 19, 2010, 07:29 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
The module is a plug-in module. It plugs in and removes just like the stock Hitec module.

The module only works with our receivers, so you never lose binding.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:21 PM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,822 Posts
Jim,

Are the bindings inclusive (more than one receiver can be bound at the same time, like the Optima receivers), or are the bindings exclusive (only one receiver active & bound at a time) like your previous XPS modules?
Wind_of_Change is online now Find More Posts by Wind_of_Change
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
The binding control is done with our receivers. We have been able to bind multiple receivers for years now. We have a lot of people using 2 or more receivers in their planes. This is handy for bi-planes, using a separate battery and receiver in the upper wing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:42 AM
DLG Grim Reaper
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
131 Posts
Hoping to score my A9 in the next couple days. I am so very ready to get the XPS stuff going as well. Looking forward to the tiny recievers for my DLGs.
Yardracer is offline Find More Posts by Yardracer
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:49 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,822 Posts
Yardracer, Hitec just released info about their soon-to-be-released line of Optima6 Lite controllers. Same feature set as the 6, they just cut the weight WAY down. With the shrink wrap it's only 7 grams, and without it's even less.

Evidently they're right around the corner, so you won't be waiting long for lite receivers regardless which solution you choose. The lite Hitec receiver still includes battery telemetry, so you're not going to be missing any features, which is amazing for something that light.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356162
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 09:14 AM
DLG Grim Reaper
Asheville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
131 Posts
Thanks for the info on the 6 channel lite. Hopefully they won't take as long to get them out as it has been on some of the other things. I will probably be working both the Hitec and XPS stuff back and forth depending on what I'm building. XPS' price point on the micro full range recievers is great too. >>hint hint Hitec<<
Yardracer is offline Find More Posts by Yardracer
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:13 AM
More Combat Please!
Utah
Joined Dec 2003
7,822 Posts
Yeah, those new 3 gram nano receivers are seriously SMALL. You're not gonna beat that receiver for weight, not anywhere. And you're right, the $30 price point is really where these should be. Hopefully these guys can gain back some of the market share being lost to those cheap $10 receivers coming out of China.

OFF_TOPIC_POST: PLEASE DISREGARD UNLESS YOU LIKE THIS SORT OF THING.

What I want from XPS is one of those Dynamax Pro 20KW 5" ducted fan units! Oh if it weren't Christmas and OH if I hadn't already wasted all my RC funds for the next six months on Christmas specials. I'm really kicking myself. I thought these things weren't going to be out for a while, and by the time I get the money for it, they'll be sold out again.

I've got a Falcon 120 with the Air Sally Nacelle just sitting here on my bench, begging me not to use the cheap Haoye fan, but to go all the way!

MAN I love how Jim and gang push the limit on everything they do. I mean, that unit is SICK SICK SICK.

OFF-TOPIC RANT OVER:

So is there any news on when the XPS module for the Aurora will be available? And will it be backward compatible with the old 6 channel receivers I have?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:56 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,720 Posts
We have the modules in production right now. We were hoping to have them for Christmas, but it appears we will have them right around the 2nd week of January.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:13 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,164 Posts
for 6 channels, the Nano has pwned everything. What I'm excited about are the new 8 and 10 channel Rx's that Jim has posted about in a couple of threads as coming soon... more pwnage.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM