SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:31 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,773 Posts
Yes, regardless of what you are using. This is the voltage of the receiver bus (what the servos and receiver are getting).
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:35 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
take even a resolution of 1024... divide the throw of your control surface up into 1024 steps. If the tip of the control surface was moving 1m, these steps would be 1mm. On a 50cc plane the tip of the elevator is maybe moving through 30cm on a 3D plane, so the steps are a third of 1mm. On a patternship, it ends up dividing just an inch up into a thousand little chunks.

...but, now we're talking about multiple thousands of steps with these radios... resolution is a thing I stopped worrying about a long time ago. time for my signal to get to the plane and be acted on by the servo, much more important to me.

either way... you wont be reducing the A9 resolution by using the XPS module
3DHS depron velox aka "Deplox" assembled and maidened today with the optima 6.Was hoping my nano and the module would have made it before I got the deplox rx ready but she flew very well.Next week the nano goes in after it gets here.WOOT!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:14 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,773 Posts
Fly it... get use to it, and then make the switch to our system and tell me what you think!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
Jim,

Will the upcoming new cheaper rx have the same built-in voltage telemetry, or is that extra?

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,773 Posts
All of our Rx's except for the Nano, have (or will have) voltage and signal strength telemetry data without anything else required.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:05 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Fly it... get use to it, and then make the switch to our system and tell me what you think!
will do!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:39 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
ooooohhhh module and nano should be here tomorrow!!WOOT! hmm witch plane shoud i put her in?Deplox foamie,epp exra,46 vyper,70 slick,89 slick out of the question for now..
Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:45 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Apr 2010
1,704 Posts
Finally got a 3DHS plane up and running with the XPS module and WOW! What a difference. I was having a hard time going from rollers in the sim to rollers IRL and today I felt way ahead of my plane and was able to do rollers constantly with the 41" Edge!
stickybeatz is offline Find More Posts by stickybeatz
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:25 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybeatz View Post
Finally got a 3DHS plane up and running with the XPS module and WOW! What a difference. I was having a hard time going from rollers in the sim to rollers IRL and today I felt way ahead of my plane and was able to do rollers constantly with the 41" Edge!
well, darn... I guess the secret is out now
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:50 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
maybe thats what I need, although I feel like I'll never be able to do rollers need major help.
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:21 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
well, darn... I guess the secret is out now
ok then,so when i get back home from the dr tomorrow,and get the mail,a few minutes later i should be able to do rollers no problem.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:27 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
what,no instructions on how to swap the module/bind the rx?

P.S. Ive been told not to turn on tx when the antenna is inlugged as it will smoke the rf board.Is said board in the module or the radio?Looks like it will be weird switching back and forth from this to my big planes still on opimas.Im hoping it wont wear the optima antenna out.i think it just screws out.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:42 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
what,no instructions on how to swap the module/bind the rx?

P.S. Ive been told not to turn on tx when the antenna is inlugged as it will smoke the rf board.Is said board in the module or the radio?Looks like it will be weird switching back and forth from this to my big planes still on opimas.Im hoping it wont wear the optima antenna out.i think it just screws out.
you wont have a switching back and forth issue after you sell the Optimas

...as for how to get going... rip the hitec module out, plug in the XPS module. screw on the antenna to the module. power up the nano receiver, when it's lit up, plug in the bind plug into the "b" position. wait a couple of seconds, then remove the bind plug. now turn on the A9. hold down the button on the module when you press the "yess" button on the A9 to transmit. watch the led on the module and it will turn green. when it turns green, release the button on the module (don't hold it in too long), and the system is now bound. turn everything off (including the rx)... now when you turn it on it will be bound and used exactly like the original hitec setup.

there are also manuals you can download...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:46 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Thanks Aaron.I'll hit the xps site up in a bit.just restin after 4 hrs on the rd and 4 at dr office...
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:50 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,773 Posts
You should have received a simple "quickstart guide" with the information that Arron just gave you.
RCG Plus Member