HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,431 Posts
Thought I had a set of 3DHS long servo arms, but I used them already. Will the long arms that come with HS65's be enough, especially for the rudder and elevator? Just wondering if I need to order some up ASAP?

Thanks!
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
Thought I had a set of 3DHS long servo arms, but I used them already. Will the long arms that come with HS65's be enough, especially for the rudder and elevator? Just wondering if I need to order some up ASAP?

Thanks!
I'm using stock hs65mg arms with the Hitec A9. plenty of throw for me.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:36 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,431 Posts
Sweet. I give it a shot and see how it works out.

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:46 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,808 Posts
Using Stock arms, getting 30+ on a DX7. Only using a Long Arm on the Elevator and Rudder.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:43 PM
MultiCopterPilot & Film Maker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Oct 2002
2,543 Posts
I just flew my Yak for the first time today - awesome! It's been 10+ years since my gas days; I used to have a 33% extra 260 with a 100cc BME - but got out of the hobby. I haven't flown an electric this big and love the performance and handling.

I agree on the servo arms - the rudder and elevator need larger arms than what the stock HS-65 comes with.

Cheers,
Jason
crazyj is offline Find More Posts by crazyj
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:48 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,387 Posts
Quote:

Thanks!
I think you will be disappointed with the stock servo arms on the elevator and rudder....save yourself some grief and just order the phenolics right away.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:25 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,431 Posts
Has anybody tried the Dubro long arms for the HS65's? They appear pretty thin and flimsy. Problem with the 3DHS ones is that the shipping on them to Canada is $12.00. $24 is a lot for servo arms. I'm in no rush though (-38c here tomorrow night!!!) and can wait until I have a larger order.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
Quote:
Has anybody tried the Dubro long arms for the HS65's? They appear pretty thin and flimsy. Problem with the 3DHS ones is that the shipping on them to Canada is $12.00. $24 is a lot for servo arms. I'm in no rush though (-38c here tomorrow night!!!) and can wait until I have a larger order.
Yes, thin, flimsy, twisty... I tried them,I didn't like them. Another forum member said he had no problem with them.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare set of the phenolic arms... PM me your "snail mail" address..and I'll go check..

Yup... I have a spare set...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 AM
Russia,Moscow
Joined Jan 2007
145 Posts
Guys, the use of the stock Hitec arms is very TX dependant. On a latest JR's I got plenty of throw with them(currently XG8, but 11x and 9503 should be ok too). The elevator hits +-45 degrees with the long arm and even not using the last hole. The rudder hits elevators in both directions with the stock long double arm. But since the rudder is so POWERFUL I was even limiting it to 30 degrees(still tweaking to my liking). And the ailerons could go as much as 40 degrees using stock long arms but since the long arms are one way only you'll have plenty of subtrim on one of the aileron servos, thats why I cut in half the long double arm and getting about 32 degrees on the ailerons which seems to be plenty inflight.
vic_bull is offline Find More Posts by vic_bull
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Yes, thin, flimsy, twisty... I tried them,I didn't like them. Another forum member said he had no problem with them.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare set of the phenolic arms... PM me your "snail mail" address..and I'll go check..

Yup... I have a spare set...

SteveT

Thank you Steve!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:34 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,191 Posts
No problema....T'is what friends do....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,383 Posts
Quote:
....I haven't flown an electric this big...
If you're impressed with this little 46 yak....you should fly an electric 89 slick or 104......then you'd REALLY have something to compare to the old BME gasser you speak of.

I also got back into the hobby after a long break....I've been flying again for about 3 years...and having LOTS of fun with these 3dhs airframes....now that the planes fly SO GOOD....I don't want to bail out of the hobby....

(but I do try to buy all the new airframes and sell off the old stuff...it seems that the new stuff always improves over what I currently have flying.....)
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:06 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
No problema....T'is what friends do....

SteveT
<---------- (pointing at stevettoooo) what a good dude. Love seeing stuff like this.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
I hate when your on an iPhone and you accidentally it unsubscribe instead of last page. Now I am subscribed again.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
If you're impressed with this little 46 yak....you should fly an electric 89 slick or 104......then you'd REALLY have something to compare to the old BME gasser
104 on lipo's? Wouldn't that be heavier than just putting a gasser in it?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface