Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
20 Posts
Discussion
general "rules" of the flying site

Hi,

I've heard about flying at Conejo Creek, but I've never been there. I need to stop by one of these days! I've got a few questions:

1. Are there any general "rules" of the site?

2. Is it reserved for RC aircraft only at certain times?

3. Is it only for electric-powered aircraft?

4. Is there a size limit to the aircraft that are allowed to fly there (besides the limitation imposed by the field itself)?

5. Is the site open all the time to flying -- for early morning flyers or night-flyers?

Thanks!
TSK flyer is offline Find More Posts by TSK flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:10 AM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,160 Posts
Hi there,
CCS (or Janss as it's called) is very informal. The parking lot where we fly belongs to the school district, not parks and rec.

The rules are:
Don't fly over the 23 freeway.
DO NOT fly over the soccer fields when anyone is out there.
Electric planes only.
Everyone parks along the tree line on the east side. Don't fly over the parked cars where we stand.
It's open to everyone, all the time except when there is sports going on. If it has rained a lot, they lock the gates getting into the place. Other than that it's wide open. I wouldn't even bother showing up Saturday or Sunday during soccer season.

You will notice not all the "regulars" adhere to these rules. If you decide to fly there, please don't be one of them!!!

See you out there
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Oct 24, 2010, 02:23 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,821 Posts
If you fly over the 23 the Highway Patrol will give you visit as a surprise :-D
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi