HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2003, 06:14 PM
Baptised Heathen
Bundaberg, Qld, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
1,365 Posts
Tower Hobbies Delivery Times

I ordered some gear from Tower Hobbies 4 weeks ago and although I live in Australia 8 weeks is a bit of a stretch in my book. It seems to me that the package must have been moved by pony express on land and a slow boat on water. It still has not arrived. The longest I have ever waited for a package to arrive from the states is about two weeks.
Has anyone else had this much of a wait for parts from Tower Hobbies. I did email them about two weeks ago and was told to give it 90 days[B]. Thinks this is the last time they get my business.
batman is offline Find More Posts by batman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2003, 06:33 PM
Torrance, CA
Joined May 2003
1,680 Posts
The thing is, Tower doesn't always ship immediately. They wait about 24-48 hours before they even ship. You can always pay the extra dollar to put yourself on the top of the list. It usually takes about 10 days for my orders to arrive. Other online hobby shops ship faster, and I try not to buy from Tower if I can.
JDMstuff is offline Find More Posts by JDMstuff
Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:18 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Batman:

That seems odd. As JDM said, they often don't ship right away, but at 2 months, something must be screwed up. Perhaps something is backordered? I'd give them a ring, regarless of what the email said.

I usually receive gear from Tower in 7-10 days (Arizona USA), unless I bump my order to the top, as mentioned. There are no rivers to ship via slowboat here, but if they wished to do so, pack mules could be utilized. So far, so good - no mules.

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:03 AM
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
You can't hold a vendor responsible for shipping issues, unless they haven't shipped the order. Tower has no control over what happens to the package once it leaves their loading dock. If a shipper loses the package, it's the shipper's fault.

Tower is telling you to wait 90 days, because that is the policy of the shipper. IIRC, the US Postal Service, UPS, and FedEx will not accept a claim on a lost package until 90 days after the initial shipment.

It's extremely easy to find out if your order has been shipped. Go to Tower's website, log in, and view the status of your previous orders. If it's been shipped, it's out of their hands.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1
Last edited by mkirsch1; Jul 11, 2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 12:32 PM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
I placed an order with Tower on 06/28 and received notice it was shipped on 07/01 (3 days later). Today's the 11th so hopefully today's the day.
cruzomatic is offline Find More Posts by cruzomatic
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:27 PM
Arlington VA
Joined Jun 2003
53 Posts
Tower also does not specify what shipping method they will use when you pay for the shipping. I have paid $7.99 numerous times and gotten it Fed Ex Ground, USPS Priority and USPS First Class, with greatly varying delivery times. When they sent my order First Class (at their cost of $1.84) and charged me $7.99 I called and complained. They could care less. I try to avoid tower also, after spending over $1700 in a little less than 8 months with them, they could care less whether I was happy or not.
NOVAflier is offline Find More Posts by NOVAflier
Old Jul 11, 2003, 09:13 PM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
Well, I just arrived home and NO PACKAGE WAITING FOR ME.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 12:08 AM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,161 Posts
Re: Tower Hobbies Delivery Times

Quote:
Originally posted by batman
I ordered some gear from Tower Hobbies 4 weeks ago and although I live in Australia 8 weeks is a bit of a stretch
Surface mail usually takes 6 to 8 weeks. I have made several orders from Tower, none were lost or went over 90 days. Shipping by courier is faster but can cost a lot more. I would rather wait and save some money

Several years ago I purchased a computer part from a US store. They charged $250 to ship the 1kg package via UPS, who then managed to take 3 months getting it here (including 2 weeks in Customs!).
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Jul 12, 2003, 10:27 AM
San Jose,Ca.
Joined May 2001
74 Posts
I ordered some stuff from tower once and they shipped it USPS.They gave me the tracking # when they shipped which I checked after 5 days.My package was sitting at the postal hub.It stayed there for two weeks!I got my stuff in about 17 days.
Dave
DaveM is offline Find More Posts by DaveM
Old Jul 12, 2003, 12:37 PM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
Today's Saturday,,,,STILL NO FREAKIN' PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 13, 2003, 09:09 AM
San Jose,Ca.
Joined May 2001
74 Posts
The thing is, Tower doesn't always ship immediately. They wait about 24-48 hours before they even ship. You can always pay the extra dollar to put yourself on the top of the list

I just logged on to Tower's site and couldn't find where to add a dollar to bump up the list????Dave
DaveM is offline Find More Posts by DaveM
Old Jul 13, 2003, 07:45 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Dave:

To bump up on the list, I've always used a different shipping option, like USPS Priority for well over what you would pay at the PO (or anywhere!). So far, it has worked, but again, you are shelling out a nice chunk of change for the service.

daveWCO
Old Jul 14, 2003, 07:08 PM
San Antonio, Texas USA
Joined Feb 2001
1,108 Posts
Monday and still no package. This is absolutely unacceptable. No one should have to wait this long for items purchased. I don't care if the extra $1 was paid or not,,,,,this is way too long.

Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:29 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Cruise:

They must have sent it via UPS on the 1st. I say that because only the men in brown would "sit" on a package for so long!

Also, figure the 28th was a Saturday and then came the 4th of July holiday.

daveWCO
Last edited by daveWCO; Jul 14, 2003 at 10:32 PM.