HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:20 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Hexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
i used the one by jeff wiki and did not change the settings but i will double check.
Thanks. Are you flying + or X mode. I suppose it does not matter as long as your AHRS is pointing in the right direction. Edit: Actually going through the layouts, it does matter. As the Pitch and Roll on the + layout of Jeffs cannot be changed to X layout by changing the direction of the AHRS. One will need to adjust the motor settings also something similar to RCVertts motor settings, although I must admit I am used to the motor numbers going anticlockwise. Has anyone used Jeff's motor configuration for X mode and what changes were made? This is the 1st time I have understood how these motor settings work

Has anyone done a comparison between the motor setting of Jeff's and RCVertt's as they are completely different

If one looks at the RCVertt settings, instead of having 3 motors on either side for the Roll, one reduced this to 1 (motors 2 and 5) or 2 (Motors 6, 4, 1 and 3) only then this should reduce the sensitivity?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Jun 25, 2011 at 10:53 AM. Reason: X and + mode
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 06:44 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsalem View Post
i have the same futaba gear as yours!!!! can this be the culprit???
but i see xaircraft using same Futaba gear... any thoughts

Josh.. what radio you have when tou had mid-air shut-down??
Sprktrum
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:33 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
Sprktrum
Mine was also spektrun DX8
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:16 AM
Joined Jan 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
Sprktrum
Josh...topgear..Probably radio is not the culprit..we had different radios and xaircraft using same futaba as i am...
rfsalem is offline Find More Posts by rfsalem
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Quote:
want to build the x8 requires motor mount modifying which I do not think I can do.

thanks for the pictures Nick what setting did you have to change for the ahrs since it is higher.
Modding the motor mounts is about the easiest thing in the world to do. If you lack power tools, you could do it with a hack saw bade wrapped in tape ;-)

I am still flying stock settings on the x8. it doesn't seem to fly any differently with the AHRS an inch higher.

Nick
seafarer is offline Find More Posts by seafarer
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:01 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
XAircraft X650Value the official release date - if you are interested

XAircraft X650Value the official release date announced with the X450Pro
To October 2010 the official sales X650, we recommend extensive collection of players in the past nine months the software development team released a total of five times the firmware upgrade to add to optimize flight performance and user needs. However, our design engineers have not been idle, after a long nine months of research and development, X650Value and X450Pro will be July 15, 2011 the official sales. XAircraft X650Value will have the following new features: 1: Rack can be folded, the tripod can be quickly demolished. More user-friendly portable. Related video presentation: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjYzMDcxODE2.html 2: large number of high-strength engineering plastic, so that the rack is more robust and reliable. 3: less vibration, so that aerial video more clearly. 4: Easily add dual-axis stability augmentation head, the auxiliary user aerial. 5: motor configuration can be extended to 8, better load capacity. 6: The newly designed shock-absorbing tripod, so that more robust landing gear. 7: Sliding arm hanging head and battery installed, you can easily adjust the focus position to adapt to different specifications for the battery and the camera. X450 for FPV, DIY novice players or start a simple four-rotor design platform, it has the same electronic device with the X650 (the flight control and attitude sensor), user-friendly upgrade to the X650. X450Pro done a lot of optimization based on the X450, the use of mold design for assembly more simple, more robust structure. XAircraft X450Pro will have the following new New features: 1: easier installation. 2: More power configuration (relative to the X450 has a 20% power increase). 3: with simple Gopro camera or camera installation platform for FPV. 4: The structure is more robust and reliable. 5: Increase the directional ball, you can clear instructions in flight direction of flight. 6: fully compatible with X650Value motor and ESC. Electronic equipment is fully compatible, easy to upgrade to X650Value. [ posts by xaircraft at 2011-6-25 22:17 Edit ]
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:40 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slides View Post
Ho-ho-ho ! Where did you get this sensation info ???
It was announced here for todays date some time ago
The predicted release date was to be 25th June, though I did post with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:04 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
they should not move on to new projects until they have the ones on the market debugged. I'm a machinist, and in my business scrap or rejects get remade and taken care of before any new work. its just the right way to do business. randy.
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Quote:
they should not move on to new projects until they have the ones on the market debugged. I'm a machinist, and in my business scrap or rejects get remade and taken care of before any new work. its just the right way to do business. randy.
I agree in concept, but in reality, I'm sure they have separate departments and teams working on separate projects. Other than the GPS whats an issue?

Nick
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:15 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer View Post
I agree in concept, but in reality, I'm sure they have separate departments and teams working on separate projects. Other than the GPS whats an issue?

Nick
no nick, just the GPS issues....and in reality in my factory, rejects, reworks, or any other quality issues get the absolute priority before any new work.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:30 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
So you are suggesting everyone should stop what they are doing sit in a circle and watch the gps guys doing their thing until they are done?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:36 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
umm, nick, never mind....forget about it. randy.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:42 PM
Registerer Used
Paris
Joined May 2010
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer View Post

Nick
Then I'll send a pack of fresh coffee to the department working on the Fc firmware, with a doc about Kalman filter..
Ok, just jokin'
milouze is offline Find More Posts by milouze
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois View Post
+1

I recall at the time of the x650 launch, there were several users of previous xAircraft products (x600 I think?) with outstanding issues that had concerns that they would lose support. XAircraft's response was that those users might get discounts on the new products. I'm not sure if they did.

I'm all for a company continuing development of new products. But I think rjarois is right. Supporting recently launched products should be a higher priority.

Just a question... How many plan to be the first to order the sonar or other new modules?

This gps issue has certainly caused me to view xAircraft differently. Even one of their strongest supporters suggested that if I wanted a perfect product, I should purchase an MK. That speaks volumes to me. Just my two cents.

Thanks,
Joe
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
yea, ya gotta clean up behind you before ya move ahead, my point exactly. i ain't gonna order sonar or any other chit til they get ther stuff straight.randy.