SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:41 AM
Netherlands, ZH, Ridderkerk
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantean View Post
Hi Guy's, Im looking into building an x650 based hexa or octa, I have a spare x650 esc, i was wondering if it's at all possible to use this, ie, have the 2 ESC's stacked on top of each other and plug in all 8 motors?

Thanks

Daniel
:O)
Daniel, don't forget that the second ESC needs cooling.
Other that, no problem but bit expensive.
isojed is offline Find More Posts by isojed
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:44 AM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isojed View Post
Daniel, don't forget that the second ESC needs cooling.
Other that, no problem but bit expensive.
Aha, that could work then, although not sure how i'd get cooling to the second ESC on top, guess it'd at least be up a bit higher, so would be a little less prone to overheating.

The ESC is one I have spare, think i'd be going the seprate ESC route if I didn't have it just lying round (well I say just lying round, I still have to send the faulty one that I do have here back to XA for replacement).
atlantean is offline Find More Posts by atlantean
Last edited by atlantean; Jun 24, 2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:46 AM
United States, NY, Richmond
Joined Sep 2010
51 Posts
Thanks for the info i will go thare.
john 03 is offline Find More Posts by john 03
Old Jun 24, 2011, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
I've still got 2 x Jakub 2 axis GoPro cam mounts here for sale
Brand new unopened, UK post only
£32.50 inc postage each
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick T View Post
So X8 payload looks to be about the same as the current X650. Maybe even a little less. What is the point?

Current X650:
What I said is 300~500g camera
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:19 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
why are you selling them they are awesome I have not tried the y6 center frames as my budget sucks now lol but the hexa is amazing. you are missing out on the hexa build it was quick and easy to put together. and very strong.
I have laid the hexa out on some paper and using the standard arms, give or take a few mm, the distance between the props is about 18mm (.72inch). Is that enough? or should one extend the arms slightly?

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I have laid the hexa out on some paper and using the standard arms, give or take a few mm, the distance between the props is about 18mm (.72inch). Is that enough? or should one extend the arms slightly?

Rob
which centre plate? which size props? have you considered 11x47 props?

ideally you want 2 inches between props as less of a gap increases noise and efficiency starts to go down a little bit. less is ok though, just not optimal
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
which centre plate? which size props? have you considered 11x47 props?

ideally you want 2 inches between props as less of a gap increases noise and efficiency starts to go down a little bit. less is ok though, just not optimal
Josh, using Graham's hexa centre plate and 12" X650 props. I would prefer to keep with the X650 props as they are more resilient . Maybe I made a mistake in the layout, but don't think so.

That's why I was asking who else has used the hexa plate and what the configuration was and whether I needed the longer arms.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Jun 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guy's, Im looking into building an x650 based hexa or octa, I have a spare x650 esc, i was wondering if it's at all possible to use this, ie, have the 2 ESC's stacked on top of each other and plug in all 8 motors?
That's exactly what I did. I put a second fan under the second esc. So far no problems.

Nick
seafarer is offline Find More Posts by seafarer
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:07 PM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer View Post
That's exactly what I did. I put a second fan under the second esc. So far no problems.

Nick
Hi Nick that's fantastic to hear, I think i'll start ordering the bits this weekend then!

do you by any chance have any images you can show of your setup, particularly how you laid out the fans and ESC's?

im guessing the stack goes from bottom, Fan, ESC, Fan, ESC, FC, AHRS???

Thanks

Daniel
:O)
atlantean is offline Find More Posts by atlantean
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:54 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,069 Posts
Hi all!
I recently got a x450 with a camera mount (some minor mod to fit the legs).
I'm trying to make work some servo I have (htx900 analog and a corona 922 digital).
I have some trouble make them work correctly. The htx jitters (it make noise and get hot) and the corona starts to rapidly move randomly.

What kind of servo you use?

Thanks for the info.
nicodh is offline Find More Posts by nicodh
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:08 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
You can change the ms in the configuration software, I'd suggest setting the outputs for the cam servos to around 14ms, I think by default they are set for digital servos which can take a digital input (not all digital servos can take digital input)
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 01:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
You can change the ms in the configuration software, I'd suggest setting the outputs for the cam servos to around 14ms, I think by default they are set for digital servos which can take a digital input (not all digital servos can take digital input)
Thanks, that worked better, but my servos are not in good shape. I have to buy new ones.
nicodh is offline Find More Posts by nicodh
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post

A possible scenario: there was a momentary loss of power (loose connection), but you had not throttled down fully, so when the power came on again, it would not start the motors, because you had not powered down fully, as most wouldn't in this situation. I read somewhere on this thread that "if you have some throttle applied when you power up, the FC, as a safety feature, disables the throttle".

Rob
Yes can be a possibility...Jingchen..can you comment plaese
rfsalem is offline Find More Posts by rfsalem
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabinbardoloi View Post
That sounds very similar to my experience, only once. My X650 dropped from about three feet for no aparent reason during a normal flying for few

PB
i have the same futaba gear as yours!!!! can this be the culprit???
but i see xaircraft using same Futaba gear... any thoughts

Josh.. what radio you have when tou had mid-air shut-down??
rfsalem is offline Find More Posts by rfsalem