HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
Hi All, im new to the forum, I've just this weekend finished building my x650, the build itself went very well, all components were well made and fit together great,

My problem is the same I have seen a few other users have had, one of my motors (M3) isn't spinning and is just jittering on startup, I've tried plugging the motor into other ports on the ESC and the motor works fine. I've also tried swapping out the leads from the ESC to the FC to no avail.

The problem seems to be on the M3 ESC connection, has anyone managed to fix this issue?

I've just seen this post by TheGunMan and this is EXACTLY the issue im getting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
Hi,

I just finished with assembly of my X650

On a test run the motor3 does not spin, it shakes left-right but does not spin

I checked connections and they are all correct - any ideas?

thanks

P.S. Rotated the motors and same motor works on different port of ESC. The motor on M3 port of the ESC does not spin

P.S. there is video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=braQRTFKUBA

Thanks,

Daniel
:O)
atlantean is offline Find More Posts by atlantean
Last edited by atlantean; Jun 05, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:18 AM
Netherlands, ZH, Ridderkerk
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantean View Post
Hi All, im new to the forum, I've just this weekend finished building my x650, the build itself went very well, all components were well made and fit together great,

My problem is the same I have seen a few other users have had, one of my motors (M3) isn't spinning and is just jittering on startup, I've tried plugging the motor into other ports on the ESC and the motor works fine. I've also tried swapping out the leads from the ESC to the FC to no avail.

The problem seems to be on the M3 ESC connection, has anyone managed to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Daniel
Try to adjust the throttle sub-trim on the Tx.
I had an similar issue i.e. none of the motors would spin.
isojed is offline Find More Posts by isojed
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:28 AM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
Thanks or the reply, Unfortunately, I just tried this, and it didn't seem to help, it's only occurring on one channel on the ESC (M3)
atlantean is offline Find More Posts by atlantean
Old Jun 05, 2011, 10:43 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
Does any of you flying Y6 or hexa/octo with the XA FC do fly (sometimes) in cruise mode, or do you only use hover ? Looking at the vids in this thread it seems you do only hover - I'm wondering how does a 600/650-class Y6 or hexa behave in cruise...
moombe is offline Find More Posts by moombe
Old Jun 05, 2011, 11:08 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
Does any of you flying Y6 or hexa/octo with the XA FC do fly (sometimes) in cruise mode, or do you only use hover ? Looking at the vids in this thread it seems you do only hover - I'm wondering how does a 600/650-class Y6 or hexa behave in cruise...

i will be flying a rc-carbon Y6 very soon got the Frame just waiting for some parts then im all ready.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Jun 05, 2011, 11:27 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2011
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantean View Post

Thanks,

Daniel
Sorry to hear that you have same problem

Contact xaurcraft support - I had to send mine to China for replaceent

Good luck!
TheGunMan is offline Find More Posts by TheGunMan
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:21 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Quote:
m trying to hook up a copilot 2 to my 650 has anyone done this? can anyone think of any problems I might run into. Im trying to make this thing hands free for a camera so that I dont have to worry about flying the thing. If anyone has a better Idea Im open to them.
The software in the x650 is way better than the copilot II. It is redundant. the x650 in hover mode is much more stable than a helicopter with the CPII. Sell you CPII on ebay and buy something cool.

Nick

edit - Plus the x650 doesn't care if you fly next to trees or on overcast days. 2 things the cp2 suxs at.
seafarer is offline Find More Posts by seafarer
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead916 View Post
how does cello tape work for blade balence, ok? i have a vimeo wait to finish, of USB connection and TX cal., one thing, with this new ESC, when i poke throttle, motors idle up and when i poke stick down, the ESC that burn`d up if i poked the thro stick up and back down to zero the motors would not stop, and this ESC seems different on xair configstation, the mast movements move crisper, the motor stops, i am all most ready to say i got a bad ESC, video coming up of battery plugged in, as soon as vimeo finishes its thing...

@louisjp, i have same TX and RX, is there a red led lit on RX?
Hi, yes the red led it lit on the RX?
louisjp is offline Find More Posts by louisjp
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:10 PM
United Kingdom, Merthyr Tydfil
Joined Mar 2011
26 Posts
gps

can we use the u-block centre software like xaircraft ? i have down loaded the software, it will connect but no info on screen
pughy is offline Find More Posts by pughy
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:13 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pughy View Post
can we use the u-block centre software like xaircraft ? i have down loaded the software, it will connect but no info on screen
not yet
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 05, 2011, 02:33 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
851 Posts
undercarriage

Does anyone know if we can buy the undercarriage shown here:

RC Flying UK is online now Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 05, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
681 Posts
so, anybody have the problem of when on usb power, and throttle poke starts motors and tho poke down wont stop motors? and camera servo would be real jumpy and noisey
the first ESC did that and it fried when i put battery on, the second ESC when under USB power would start AND stop, and camera servo was quite and smooth????

the first thing everyone said is battery in wrong, but different actions of config station and motors tells me something was wrong with 1st ESC-A4...

i thought camera servo was jumpy because of low power and no camera weight on board, and jumpyness was just noise that people talk about digatal servos having...with the new ESC there is none of that, from motors stopping to a very smooth servo travel slider controlled and aircraft hand held pitched and yawed now is smooth servo action...

yeah, i found and tried u-center, and its not for the this version of GPS equipment, but with the forth comming part and firmware update it will
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,440 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:20 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,440 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:30 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Guys with one motor not spinning. I had that happen yesterday. One of the 8 motors would twitch instead of spinning. I powered down reset everything, same problem. I goosed it enough for it to be at 50% plus throttle and it came back to life, and worked fine after that. It's worth a try.

Nick
seafarer is offline Find More Posts by seafarer