HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:31 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
jingchen, glas to see your hammering the gps issues out......randy.
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:32 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead916 View Post
@Jingchen
i missing where that program is for looking at the gps. is it someting we can use?, the google earth was clunkey and i saw 9 for what i think was how mant sats, but i wont read chinese in this lifetime because im too old hehe, does google earth show if you have sat lock or just sats in the sky?

on the redo news, i put the new USB to the FC and AHRS, it seems to connect and behave normaly, ( as if i`d know what normal is) going to check GPS now...
also setting up video camera to show the dreaded battery plug in, and srceen shots of what i get on FC. should i wire up a switch between ESC and batt? yes i`ll find the highest rated amp and volts on get one of those switches that have low noise ie: no spark or arc. is the only reason no switch is use is failure in flight? yeah 20 years ago i could see that but now should not be a problem, any ideas collective mind?
In the ground station soft, the first number of 'GPS' section is telling the connected satellites. if you got 9, that's pretty well.
and here's the download link: http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/images...Station_cn.zip

for the battery, it should be higher than 15C. but some brand battery do a 'discount' for you, it may be only 12C. so I suggest you to use a 20C battery.
and yes, you can solder a switch on the red wire.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisjp View Post
Hi there,

I recently just purchased a X650 and the aurora 9, i spent all of today building it, i uploaded all the new firmware and configured it. i have checked over and over to make sure it is built correctly and i am getting no movement from the propellers. The fan runs as well as the lights. i am really stuck...it is as if its not receiving any signal? please can someone help?

Thanks very much
first check what TheGunMan has suggested.
and the motor is still not going to spin, then use the subtrim on the radio to get the throttle down.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:39 PM
Fly low!
VS , Germany
Joined Jul 2007
404 Posts
@ Jingchen :

New GPS sensors are looking interesting.
Please tell us your test results!!!

Im pretty exciting about results!!

To bad I cant test them But university and money does not allow any testing yet

too bad Im not ready with my sutdiing and earn some money......

Hope to hear from testers how the work on with the test units

Regards Norbert
Norf is online now Find More Posts by Norf
Old Jun 04, 2011, 09:39 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
cool, thanks jeff....randy.
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Old Jun 04, 2011, 10:37 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
I plan on using the X650c Landing gear on a Jakub frame. So far I have the following:

4x XA L1001C Landing Gear Plate Carbon Fiber
1x Pack XA L1003 Landing Gear Strut CNC Aluminum
4x XA L1004 Skid Pipe End Cap Rubber
2x XA L1005C Landing Gear Skid Pipe Carbon Fiber
1x XA L1006 Landing Gear Abutment CNC Aluminum
1x XA L1009 Landing Gear Fixer CNC Aluminum

Would anyone be willing to see if I'm missing anything on the landing gear to bolt up to a plate?

Appreciate it.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Jun 04, 2011, 11:32 PM
The Master of Disaster
Joplin MO
Joined May 2009
168 Posts
Im trying to hook up a copilot 2 to my 650 has anyone done this? can anyone think of any problems I might run into. Im trying to make this thing hands free for a camera so that I dont have to worry about flying the thing. If anyone has a better Idea Im open to them.
Jairoblaster is offline Find More Posts by Jairoblaster
Old Jun 05, 2011, 12:30 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
@ Jingchen, i have the google one from before, still cant read it he he, i found the ucenter, but could not connect, tonight when i used the google mapped xairstation it showed 6 and woud flash a 5...so should i plug a battery in this quadcraft and see if it works this time? heres an vid:
ESC leds and prop bal. (6 min 10 sec)
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; Jun 05, 2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:21 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
now for a bigger place, ovoville air corps, i feel in my bones the the first esc was bad, the config station just acted funny, slow, and as soon as i plugged new esc to config station it was quick, the servo for camera did not do ANY jumping around either, now i know one thing has nothing to do with the other, but the power all comes in thru esc to the FC, and ahrs, feedsback to esc...that the esc blew with 11.4vdc and just seemed strange with 5vdc, now i would have never seen the difference if it worked the first time. the main difference was how the tx would not stop motors under USB and the new esc will stop the motors using USB. other thing i just noticed is the camera servo being quite, and smoother moving when moving pitch of the x650, and when i used the slider it would be jumpy, now is is very smooth when the slider control from TX.

i was afraid to plug battery in, i`ll admit that, coming from a back ground of fabrication and assembly of space craft, i know which end of a driver screws he he

in those short moments, i saw how i`ll need a buzzer or batt led or get fpv gear that shows battery drain rate...

lift off, cuz i could not wait for a answer ond leds. (5 min 14 sec)

now alls left is the crashin...he he
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; Jun 05, 2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: seeing the vids, i`ll learn to slow down movment, have more light...sorry
Old Jun 05, 2011, 01:31 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen View Post
these solutions are the possible solution by now, the final solution will come out about 7~10days later after the antenna was arrive at our test pilots.
Jingchen...Thanks

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:41 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
boxhead916 and everyone:

try to keep you videos short for Jingchen! it takes a lot of time and effort to watch the videos in China! I suggest you keep them to less than a couple of minutes if you can
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Last edited by Joshbb; Jun 05, 2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:51 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Hi Randy

I think the motor mounts look great

I would definitely use steel bolts on them though, especially the 2 main ones through the alloy arms!

I would also use steel bolts and nuts through the spacers on the motor mount too. I dont think nylon bolts will take the stresses for sustained periods and the threads may strip.

Your motor mounts would work for an X8 or y6 with square arms. let me know if you have any spare I want to make a small Y6 with x450 motors

cheers

Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois View Post
josh, when i was building up, i thought af that.....i really think its strong. i will swap out the 4 gear bolts for steel ones when i fly my camera. before the frame fails, i think the arms will. can i ask you...whats your opinion on the motor mounts, would you swap out for steel bolts?? the G-10 mount fits came out better than i figured, that's why i used them, and also this is gonna be for very gentle camera flying. i greatly value the input of the seasoned multi-rotor fellas, as i am just a noob. randy.
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:21 AM
Joined Jun 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
Hi,

Can you confirm that the FC is getting signal from the receiver /from the configuration software/. If the bars are moving when you play with the sticks your receiver is working fine

Thank you very much for all your help.

can you confirm how we would do this?
louisjp is offline Find More Posts by louisjp
Old Jun 05, 2011, 05:50 AM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
901 Posts
I just got a gps and compass module, can someone tell me what I have to do to get them to work? I mean ignoring the current problems discussed above, do I just plug them in or do I have to install any software directly to the GPS. I'm mostly interested in the go home function, which I think works okay from reading this thread, butwhat is the setting called to add this to my radio - i.e. in the xAircraft configuration software which of the dropdown menu items is for Go Home?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor