HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2011, 03:30 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highlander1 View Post
Hi working on it, but again something that has been added to the list of to do as so busy cutting frames.
but will see what can be done to help
Yeah do the Mini Y6 1st I CANT wait much longer I NEED a fix
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:23 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
A little help here...

Just fitting a 2 axis cam mount and having problems limiting the servo travel for pitch and roll
I tried changing the max and min in X config camera tab and saving but it doesn't appear to make any difference, changing the home position has an effect but the others just don't do anything

Any ideas/tips
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:25 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Any issues with leaving the USB adapter left plugged into the FC all the time? I'd like to mount it to my frame so I only have to connect the actual mini-USB plug to my PC to make setting changes.
I've always left my cable plugged in after hearing about others having problems when they keep removing it from the port
It's caused me no problems at all, just keep the end out of the way of the fan
Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:31 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
A little help here...

Just fitting a 2 axis cam mount and having problems limiting the servo travel for pitch and roll
I tried changing the max and min in X config camera tab and saving but it doesn't appear to make any difference, changing the home position has an effect but the others just don't do anything

Any ideas/tips

in the camera tab I would make 1000 about 1100 and 2000 about 1900 on the roll and pitch for example
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:28 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Thanks Josh but I tried that and it had no effect ?
Old Jun 03, 2011, 05:39 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Josh but I tried that and it had no effect ?
it should if your servos are plugged into the corresponding channels.

easy way to test if you have it set up on the right channels is to change the mid point from 1500 to 1600, press save and see if the servo moves. if not then the channels must be wrong
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:41 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
I've got the pitch servo wired to channel 9 and roll on 10, they do move in the correct direction when moving the quad around but I just can't seem to limit the range of movement ?
I've tried all kinds of settings, even 1499, 1500, 1501 and the servo still wants to move through it's full range
Old Jun 03, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,492 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
You misunderstood me
I meant min = 1499, home point = 1500, max = 1501
Old Jun 03, 2011, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Hmmmm
Very puzzling, I've tried just about every setting and it seems like the min/max have absolutely no effect, regardless of gain, home etc, the min/max do nothing at all

Think I'll have to contact XA direct
Old Jun 03, 2011, 10:11 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
to leave it on are not to leave in on, that is the question, tis nobler to...

well, got a new ESC, and USB dongle, when Esc smoked on first time plugging battery in, i unplugged batt, pluged in usb to the wires from ahrs, the usb flaired and green led dimmed out....so after a good nites sleep, i will recheck all the flight control systems with new USB dongle, and meter check battery and plug the battery in to the new ESC...without the USB dongle plugged in. again.

what problems other people having with plugging and unplugging usb from 4 pin wire?

Quote:
I've always left my cable plugged in after hearing about others having problems when they keep removing it from the port
It's caused me no problems at all, just keep the end out of the way of the fan
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; Jun 04, 2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: I smell bad
Old Jun 04, 2011, 03:06 AM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
You won't notice the change between 1499, 1500 and 1501. Make larger changes. Remember you can always change it back. Try changing to 1200 or 1900 to see if you can make a difference.

- Jeff
Well, after some very fast tech support response it turns out that it's a bug in the 1.31 firmware which will be fixed with the release of 1.32

I'd suggest to anyone trying to use the servo end point limits that you instead turn the gain down which of course will mean the mount may not move as quickly as it needs to to stay dead level but it will (if set right) prevent the servos from moving beyond a safe point and getting damaged
Old Jun 04, 2011, 11:52 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,492 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
GPS News

We have collected some feedback on GPS Module, the problems are mainly:
#1 some user was hard/cant to find enough satellites, especially on the X450 frame.
#2 the copter is too fast(with big angle) to GoHome
#3 the Position Hold not work perfectly, will drift in circle.
And we did a lot of test and analyzes in past one month, found that they mainly caused by the influence on GPS antenna from the electrical device.

Here's the video we shot few days ago for explain the influence(with sample active antenna).
1. How FC Interferes the Antenna
How FC Interferes the Antenna (1 min 58 sec)

2. Influenced by Other Device
Influenced by Other Device (2 min 44 sec)

3. FC Influence Varies by Distance
FC Influence Varies by Distance (1 min 50 sec)

4. Shield the interference
A Metal Cover On FC (1 min 32 sec)

Shielded Cover over FC (3 min 9 sec)

5. compare the speed with no influence and with influence
Searching Satellites with No Influence of FC (6 min 37 sec)

Searching Satellite with 20cm Away From FC (1 min 42 sec)

For summery:
#1 the gps can't find the satellite or it takes long time to get a lock, it's quite possible that there's some influence from the working electrical parts.
#2 and get a lock is not saying all is well. and the number of satellites is not the only thing to assure the precision, the strength and stability of signal are importance aspects. if there only 4 satellites with stable and strong signal, the precision is good too.
and different from fix-wing, you may not feel the deviation of almost 10 meters. but you can see the helis/multicopters drifts 5 meters very clearly.

we will send out some active antenna for test next week. and soon we will have the final solution for the GPS. and the date for new firmware release is about 10th~15th this month

Here's are the antenna we have tested.

outdoor testing with strong signal, the precision was good. the dots are in the 2m radius. the GPS run at 5hz, 0.2sec per dot.

---
to russ and Josh,
sorry for delay of the GPS, the GPS with new antenna will send out at the same time of next week too.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Last edited by Jingchen; Jun 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2011, 12:39 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Thank you for the update JC. This explains why so many are having issues. Personally I have my antennas far from the other electronics so that must have been why I was getting a solid 8 sats when I tried. I figured there was electrical noise a while back as my setup was different from many other X650 users.

Are you going to be sending out antennas to all users then if you deem that an option?
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways