HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
The pilot was Abin. The rest I don't recognize. Jingchen, who is who in the video?

- Jeff
CCTV10 is an education channel. a journalist met us on the Beijing show, and he was very interested in multicopter and UAV. So he decide to make such a nonprofit program, taking XAircraft as a example, telling about the basics of UAVs, and also introduce the top level UAV still in lab from world wide.
and there's only a few teams like XAircraft, CCTV wants to encourage young people in china that youth is the future, every thing is possible
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 11:39 PM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
nice frame. where did you get the center plates? i wonder if the the octo would fly if a motor failed becuase the hexa is almost impossible to fly with a motor lost.
i designed from the drawings that josh posted. i cut on my table top. randy.
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:29 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,478 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:43 AM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
[QUOTE=rjarois;18385597]i designed from the drawings that josh posted. i cut on my table top. randy.[/QUOTe

do you have the link? how do the motors mounts fit? are they nice and strong,
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old Jun 01, 2011, 02:43 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
if i do understand with the new software we don't need a 3 position switch anymore for GPS. If you hover on one spot for few seconds position mode will kick in automatic.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:09 AM
Fly low!
VS , Germany
Joined Jul 2007
404 Posts
Hi,

yes my videos are the one with x450 flipping etc. and the onboard at the end of the video in the small village( on X650 ).

For me too it is no Problem that they use my Video because I think we work together.

Norbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalflight View Post
Well!
It was my video, and nobody asked. But I am not upset about it, I did not lock out the copying on vimeo. I used the X650 at this time. I wonder what they did say about the two films.
Is'nt the other video of the X450 made by NORF.

Darn! I thought XAircraft put the show up on air. I was looking for a discount on the X8 they were coming out with
http://www.vimeo.com/22222882
Norf is offline Find More Posts by Norf
Old Jun 01, 2011, 08:44 AM
royal oak, michigan
Joined Sep 2004
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
just been messing with drawing some octo plates.

The problem is if you want to use 12" props the centre plate and/or the arms have to be really big

here are a couple of ideas.

both are 230mm which is the absolute minimum diameter for using stock arms, max prop size would be 10" I think. if you had 2" longer arms you could use 11" and at least 3.5 " you could use 12" props.

the reason for the star shape one is so you can squeeze 2 plates on an A3 sheet. the 2 round ones will not fit.

Octo's are not really my cup of tea, but if anyone is interested i can upload the cad and image files.
this is the octo plates that josh posted, and from what i worked from. the motor mounts fit great, and i am still working on them. ther are 3 holes that i am waiting for nylon spacers for, and they will be glued up and attached with two 3mm bolts. i dont know how strong they will be, but i think they will be good. randy.

ups just arrived with the G-10 and the nylon spacers....got four more mounts to cut....
rjarois is offline Find More Posts by rjarois
Last edited by rjarois; Jun 01, 2011 at 10:12 AM. Reason: ups arrived....
Old Jun 01, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Feb 2011
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
No, the xa gps does not work. I've left it on for an hour but still no lock. The eagletree gps on the same quad finds 6 satellites in less than a minute.

Thanks,
Joe
Correction the XA GPS does not work for YOU. I get 6 satellites in under 10 seconds and while there drift of a few meters, the gps works for me..
X650 successful GPS position and Altitude lock in Moderate Winds (2 min 40 sec)
techcapsule is offline Find More Posts by techcapsule
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:04 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule View Post
Correction the XA GPS does not work for YOU. I get 6 satellites in under 10 seconds and while there drift of a few meters, the gps works for me.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElmhGAq6y8
Are you telling Xaircraft that there product is okay and we should all be happy with what we have got?

Somehow I cannot agree with you on this. I am waiting for a new antenna and a revised firmware.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,478 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:37 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2008
162 Posts
My 4s Config

Here is my config file which let's me do fast forward flight in + mode and I have modified the motor setting to allow for a quick ascent. Try is out.

Another note, my gps works but responds quickly. I'm thinking by reducing the P value and the p-boundary I can get it to not only hold better BUT not respond as quickly. Any Thoughts?
galexis is offline Find More Posts by galexis
Last edited by galexis; Sep 07, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:46 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
No, he is just saying that not all of them aren't working. However, unlike some companies, XAircraft has admitted there is a problem and is working on it. It looks like it will be both a software and a hardware solution. But these things take time. With a little patience you will get yours fixed. Because I don't depend on mine, it is sitting on the bench waiting for XAircraft's solution. I know the fix will some so in the mean time I fly and take pictures.

Happy flying,
- Jeff
Jeff...That is exactly what I am doing, and I know that they will fix it. Or did I say something else in my post?
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Jun 01, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Feb 2011
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Are you telling Xaircraft that there product is okay and we should all be happy with what we have got?

Somehow I cannot agree with you on this. I am waiting for a new antenna and a revised firmware.
No im saying that different results for different people should be noted. Making blanket statements such as "this does not work" is irresponsible. I understand its not working for some people but lets figure out why that is. Does it have to do with geographical location? hardware? I mean obviously the had some success with it we all saw the videos from China right? so no im not defending their inability to produce a consistent product, just the fact that you cant make a statement like This product is crap and it doesnt work because thats just not true.
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule View Post
No im saying that different results for different people should be noted. Making blanket statements such as "this does not work" is irresponsible. I understand its not working for some people but lets figure out why that is. Does it have to do with geographical location? hardware? I mean obviously the had some success with it we all saw the videos from China right? so no im not defending their inability to produce a consistent product, just the fact that you cant make a statement like This product is crap and it doesnt work because thats just not true.
I would have to agree, I was getting a solid 8 sats. on mine so it clearly isn't across the entire platform.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jun 01, 2011, 12:01 PM
Joined Feb 2011
471 Posts
more video a lil shaky but whatevs
Unstabilized Aerials (7 min 16 sec)