HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2011, 03:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2011, 03:28 PM
Multi-Rotor Mad
UK
Joined Jul 2010
410 Posts
Im sure permission is needed by the owner of the video , videos ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
I noticed that too that several videos from outside China were used. I think I even saw Z06_Tony's house. It was CCTV channel 10 who made this show, not XAircraft for anyone who is wondering.

- Jeff
QuadcoptersUk is offline Find More Posts by QuadcoptersUk
Old May 31, 2011, 03:36 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
---Deleted---
Old May 31, 2011, 04:47 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Not true. The GPS works but some are having problems locking onto satellites. Thus they are working on a new antenna to see if this solves the problem. Carefree works without the GPS. It uses the Compass module that can be bought separately.
really?

this is good new, really people here are posting good things? I need to go back and read now.. I got scared away..

I can not find any good stories on the GPS

anyone used the carefree function?

also are these speed controllers I2C only? what are the replacement options ?
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 31, 2011, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,495 Posts
---Deleted---
Old May 31, 2011, 05:03 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,273 Posts
Quote:
The speed controller is NOT I2C.

Most of the info you want are on the first few pages.

- Jeff
Cool beans,,,,

thank you

I really just want to know about the GPS, and how well it is working .

anyone have one working? it is worth it?
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Old May 31, 2011, 05:40 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Probably. That's why I made sure everyone knows that XAircraft wasn't the one who made the video. If you do have an issue, good luck taking it up with Chinese television.

-Jeff
Well!
It was my video, and nobody asked. But I am not upset about it, I did not lock out the copying on vimeo. I used the X650 at this time. I wonder what they did say about the two films.
Is'nt the other video of the X450 made by NORF.

Darn! I thought XAircraft put the show up on air. I was looking for a discount on the X8 they were coming out with
Sunex lens used on Go Pro (1 min 5 sec)
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eternalflight; May 31, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old May 31, 2011, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
I won't be buying the GPS and compass until I'm sure that all the old stock has gone
I'm still surprised there's been no answer to the GPS mode (pedestrian/vehicular)

Such a shame because the pending release of the GPS was relevant in my choice of quad, now I'm stuck with one I can't complet for some time now
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 31, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Dec 2010
80 Posts
My expierence is the compass works fine it holds heading and I have not had a problem with carefree when testing it just make sure you calibrate it outside in a clear area. GPS on the other hand I get the required amount of satellites fine but when I engage position hold it does a small circles around the position then takes off random directions. But this has been discussed before. Saying GPS is working is a bit bold.
Phospherus is offline Find More Posts by Phospherus
Old May 31, 2011, 09:07 PM
Indianapolis, In
Joined Oct 2004
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
Cool beans,,,,

thank you

I really just want to know about the GPS, and how well it is working .

anyone have one working? it is worth it?
No, the xa gps does not work. I've left it on for an hour but still no lock. The eagletree gps on the same quad finds 6 satellites in less than a minute.

Thanks,
Joe
jcoahran is offline Find More Posts by jcoahran
Old May 31, 2011, 09:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois View Post
went to home depot and got some 5/8 sq bath towel rack. this stuff is very light, and rigid. got all 8 pieces for under 30 bucks. the frame is cut from 1/16 g-10. i ran out, and had to get two more sheets. the total cost of the glass is $50. i will post more photos when i get the gear cut. randy.

Good info on the towel racks. I needed to get some arms for a hex I'll be building. I was going to order aluminum square tube. I think a trip to Home Depot is now in order!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2011, 09:15 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,364 Posts
Jingchen,

Thanks for the information on the new updates. The changes sound pretty good. I like the satellite indication and new channel saving switch assignments. I was a little concerned about position hold being auto-enabled...but it makes sense. If I stop to hover then I'd surely being wanting to 'stay' in that place without flipping switches. I look forward to the new firmware.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 31, 2011, 09:43 PM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois View Post
went to home depot and got some 5/8 sq bath towel rack. this stuff is very light, and rigid. got all 8 pieces for under 30 bucks. the frame is cut from 1/16 g-10. i ran out, and had to get two more sheets. the total cost of the glass is $50. i will post more photos when i get the gear cut. randy.
nice frame. where did you get the center plates? i wonder if the the octo would fly if a motor failed becuase the hexa is almost impossible to fly with a motor lost.
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old May 31, 2011, 10:24 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moombe View Post
Might be here a basic question, but which should be the objective criterias (so I exclude aesthetics) to select between a X8 (quad with push/pull motors), hexa, octo and Y6 ?

I have a X450 with FC, AHRS, GPS & compass. I want to put my gopro on a camera mount to be leveled by the FC1212. I might add later FPV equipement (video tx connected to my gopro). In my country, we often have wind and I'm looking for a frame form factor that would help be more stable in wind (ie get more occasion to fly). I'm not really looking at doing aerobatics with my multicopter, and don't intend to carry larger camera (ie no planned reflex).

Any recommendation ?
the advantage of X8, hexa, octa or Y6 is the payload capacity. they will be heavier than quad, maybe improve the wind resistance a little becuz the weight. but in the meanwhile, the flight time is decreased.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old May 31, 2011, 10:34 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phospherus View Post
I understand some people are having problems with GPS signal. I and im sure some others have not had any problems getting satellites. So why can you not release the new firmware for GPS without first testing the antenna?
firmware update takes more time. and test new antenna is more easier and less time cost for us, most of time are waiting for the samples. so we run in two possible way.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen