Joined Jan 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjoy45 View Post
Hi
just got the x650,check with the scope and the yaw goes up
anyway to fix this.
Thanks
yaw upto 6 degree per minute is acceptable. see the graph in config software after calibrating AHRS.

if you have compass than yaw drift would be taken care-off
rfsalem is offline Find More Posts by rfsalem
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2011, 03:00 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Building an XL X8 right now for a customer, will be trying 2 4S 5800s to see how she flies

I'm hoping I can get 15-20 or more minute flight times. I was getting 14 min flight times on the XL Y6 on a single 4S 5800.
Flight time on X8 (4x4) on 3S 8000 mA/h 30C in full equipment (a videocamera, FPV, a projector, illumination and so on) 2,9-3,0 kg lasts 14-16 minutes
Time of flight of 14-16 minutes depends on style of flight
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old May 29, 2011, 03:26 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Yesterday have done some flying on fishing. By means of X650 (4x4) threw very far tackles . Fishing tackle so it is far and it is precisely impossible to throw. But by means of X650 showered tackles with high accuracy on 200-400 metres. There was a strong wind. As keeps at such wind X650 (4x4) remains on video.Остольное video it is cut off …. Two times has not fallen nearly in water. Has rescued self-return home on GPS. It is final yet at high level, but thanking GPS we have not lost X650.
Have caught a lot of large predatory fish . X650 very good fisherman. Without it such result would not be.

Flight was at a strong wind. Here there is some video as keeps X650 (4x4) at a strong wind. It is video very convincing and evident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnZoaMPOxbs
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Last edited by Delfin000; May 29, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old May 29, 2011, 09:40 AM
Joined Jan 2011
316 Posts
Opposite camera mount movement

I need some help.. i had to install the mount by rotating it 180 degrees (now front is back) as the cable of pitch servo was not reaching FC.
Now i want to reverse the direction of pitch...

Question: how to reverse this movement....reversing in RC tab or camera tab is not the effect that i need...in other words i want to keep camera looking straight or look up in the sky to keep it simple for you to understand.

Help is appreciated
Old May 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsalem View Post
I need some help.. i had to install the mount by rotating it 180 degrees (now front is back) as the cable of pitch servo was not reaching FC.

Question: how to reverse this movement....reversing in RC tab or camera tab is not the effect that i need...in other words i want to keep camera looking straight or look up in the sky to keep it simple for you to understand.

Help is appreciated
This might seem like an obvious answer, but why not just buy a servo extension cable? HK sell 10 for $1.99!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old May 29, 2011, 01:10 PM
Joined Jan 2011
316 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
This might seem like an obvious answer, but why not just buy a servo extension cable? HK sell 10 for $1.99!
yes this is what i have in mind but would take two weeks + to get cables to me...

Probably i would cut the cable and make it longer...thanks
Old May 29, 2011, 01:12 PM
The Edge Photo
Joined May 2011
16 Posts
Does anyone use a throttle curve on their transmitter such as the Spectrum DX-8 or it's simply not necessary?
Thanks
TheEdgePhoto is offline Find More Posts by TheEdgePhoto
Old May 29, 2011, 01:29 PM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsalem View Post

Help is appreciated
reverse it inside the radio
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old May 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Lysekil
Joined Sep 2009
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen View Post
You have set the failsafe on your radio.
1. pitch, roll & yaw to the mid point.
2. throttle to near the hover point, 30% for example(according your take-off weight, and if the rx can keep the throttle last time is better).
3. the channel for GPS function set to full-output that can turn on the GoHome Feature.
and do a check by seeing the green mast on the software, after you turn off the radio.
I have a Futaba 7c, and it doesn´t look like I can do the number three on the list.
Or do anyone know how to do it?
nestergaard is offline Find More Posts by nestergaard
Old May 29, 2011, 02:28 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; May 29, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 06:15 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2009
9 Posts
Just for fun I have expo-d all my main 3 functions on my futaba 12 fgh, and my x650 flys alot smoother for an old man like me.
raptoritus is offline Find More Posts by raptoritus
Old May 29, 2011, 06:17 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokeshave View Post
OK, I understand the PID settings for attitude contol. What I don't understand are the P & D settings for "Stick". What exactly do these parameters control?
Anyone?

While I am at it, I wonder if anyone has experienced some odd trim behavior between hover and cruise modes. I have noticed that the trim requirements are different in the different modes. After experimenting a bit, I found that a fresh AHRS calibration typically requires no trim at all for cruise mode, but it still requires a few clicks in both pitch and roll for a stationary hover. This can be a little bit frustrating when switching modes. It also doesn't make a lot of sense, since the reference for both modes should be the same.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks.

Tim
spokeshave is offline Find More Posts by spokeshave
Old May 29, 2011, 07:20 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokeshave View Post
Anyone?

While I am at it, I wonder if anyone has experienced some odd trim behavior between hover and cruise modes. I have noticed that the trim requirements are different in the different modes. After experimenting a bit, I found that a fresh AHRS calibration typically requires no trim at all for cruise mode, but it still requires a few clicks in both pitch and roll for a stationary hover. This can be a little bit frustrating when switching modes. It also doesn't make a lot of sense, since the reference for both modes should be the same.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks.

Tim
I've seen that in other controllers. I fixed it via the Tx, not the controller. I assigned Flight Modes to a switch. In this case, one flight mode would assigned to the same switch position that selects Hover mode and the other flight mode to the Cruise mode switch position. Each flight phase as it's own trims so switching from one to the other also applies the required trim to maintain level flight. I'm using an Multiplex Evo radio...I'm sure other brands have similar functions.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2011, 07:21 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,155 Posts
I am ready for XAircraft X8

Canon Vixia HF R11 on the XAircraft X650 Quad.

The Maxium AUW flying weight is 1800 grams.

With the 3S 5000 mah and the Vixia I am at 1828.5 grams. Thats 64.5 oz.

With the 3S 6000 mah and the Vixia I am at 1927.8 grams.
Thats 68 oz.

Canon Vixia HF R11 on The X650 (1 min 55 sec)
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Float Fly 8 21 14
Old May 30, 2011, 01:04 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Wavre
Joined Feb 2011
207 Posts
Can someone give me the dimensions of the X450 motor's mounting holes ?
Is this 16x19mm ?
(sorry I asked in the X450 thread but no answer, might get more chance here).
moombe is offline Find More Posts by moombe