HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Another question, S I stacked my esc boards to build my x8 so that the AHRS is now about an inch higher than it was. Everything is working as it should, but it is very unstable and wobbly. Is this a result of the AHRS being raised?

Nick
seafarer is offline Find More Posts by seafarer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2011, 05:59 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
OK, this is very perplexing. Is there a settings pack I am supposed to upload for an x8? This thing is all over the place. It's un flyable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
Old May 27, 2011, 06:24 PM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,079 Posts
hey guys can two futuba radio 2.4ghz systems be used on the same helicopter without having controlling problems ? because I have a friend who has one of the radios for camera controller and the other one for the helicopter. but would it cause inference problems? and it crashes all the time.not due to pilot error.
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old May 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2008
162 Posts
has anybody noticed that all of the testing videos of the x650 are done in the + config not the x config. Also if you notice on the software all four motors are actively involve in the x config but not in the + config. Considering from my own personal experience the quad will fly much better in the + config (yes, yes I know x config is better for aerobatic flying - but most aren't doing this)
galexis is offline Find More Posts by galexis
Old May 27, 2011, 06:56 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
hey guys can two futuba radio 2.4ghz systems be used on the same helicopter without having controlling problems ? because I have a friend who has one of the radios for camera controller and the other one for the helicopter. but would it cause inference problems? and it crashes all the time.not due to pilot error.
The two different Tx/Rx combo's should have their own ID, thus will only listen to their bound radio. You should have no interference issue between the two.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 07:02 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer View Post
OK, this is very perplexing. Is there a settings pack I am supposed to upload for an x8? This thing is all over the place. It's un flyable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick
I don't believe there is any settings packs, unless someone has made their own personal one. Have you configured the controllers for 8 motor control? If not, that's probably your problem. Check the Wiki for the 'motor mixer' or something like that. You'll have to assign the location and direction of each motor then save it. The rest will be PID adjustments to your liking.

Here's the link: http://xaircraft.com/wiki/FC1212-S_Motor_Mixer%28en%29
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 07:10 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Hey there, Yeah, I did that, all the props are on the right way, motors spinning the right way, it lifts off fine, it's just really wobbly, wants to over correct. Re-calibrated the the AHRS. Tried it with shallower pitch props on top till they broke tipping over, now x650 props all around. No difference. Could it be the AHRS height?

Nick
Old May 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, Barrow-in-Furness
Joined Oct 2009
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
Yes it will work fine.
Dreamspec is offline Find More Posts by Dreamspec
Old May 27, 2011, 07:13 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer View Post
Hey there, Yeah, I did that, all the props are on the right way, motors spinning the right way, it lifts off fine, it's just really wobbly, wants to over correct. Re-calibrated the the AHRS. Tried it with shallower pitch props on top till they broke tipping over, now x650 props all around. No difference. Could it be the AHRS height?

Nick
I don't have the experience to help there. I think the best location is on the overall c/g location...pretty hard to do. Hopefully others with X8 experience will be able to help you out quickly.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2011, 07:22 PM
Joined May 2011
31 Posts
Configuration question

OK, I understand the PID settings for attitude contol. What I don't understand are the P & D settings for "Stick". What exactly do these parameters control?
spokeshave is offline Find More Posts by spokeshave
Old May 27, 2011, 07:33 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,437 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:41 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,437 Posts
---Deleted---
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old May 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
Joined Feb 2004
136 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

I'll give all of those things a try in the next couple days. Thanks.

Nick
Old May 27, 2011, 10:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
Well, I really didn't like the X450 motors on my X8. What to do....hmmm, what's that in the parts bin, 8 Hobby King DT700 motors doing nothing. And XAircraft props bolt right on. Well now, looks like we got some building to do.

And build I did. Below is a video of the test flight. Basically the video is boring. Just lots of hovering. However, the flight was going so well that at the 6:15 mark I decided to disconnect one motor. Lets see how this thing flies now!!!

Well, I'm not telling. You'll just have to watch the video for yourself.

- Jeff

Oh, yeah, the video.....one sec....it's here somewhere....I had it a minute ago....damn my desk is so messy I can't fine anything....Ok, uploading....oh, now it's converting....hehe...gotta wait.

http://vimeo.com/24302764

OK, I'm re-uploading it and I'm off to bed. I'll post the link tomorrow.
It cost 30+minutes to buffering your video, and finally see your X8 in the air.
Nice work
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old May 27, 2011, 10:35 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,437 Posts
---Deleted---
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:15 PM.