Old May 16, 2011, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spokeshave View Post
I use this one from cncheli.
If I want to know the state of the battery, I just hover overhead and read the monitor.

One day it's going to read zero and you'll get a bump on the head
TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2011, 06:29 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
octo plates

just been messing with drawing some octo plates.

The problem is if you want to use 12" props the centre plate and/or the arms have to be really big

here are a couple of ideas.

both are 230mm which is the absolute minimum diameter for using stock arms, max prop size would be 10" I think. if you had 2" longer arms you could use 11" and at least 3.5 " you could use 12" props.

the reason for the star shape one is so you can squeeze 2 plates on an A3 sheet. the 2 round ones will not fit.

Octo's are not really my cup of tea, but if anyone is interested i can upload the cad and image files.
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old May 16, 2011, 08:41 PM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Feb 2011
486 Posts
Video as promised of a successful GPS and position Lock today

*note this was my second attempt after my first report. Winds picked up so it was a little more drifty. Gusts were approx 10 - 15mph Overall the compensation for wind was EXTREMELY impressive Also attached GPS sat positions

X650 successful GPS position and Altitude lock in Moderate Winds (2 min 40 sec)
techcapsule is offline Find More Posts by techcapsule
Last edited by techcapsule; May 16, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 08:52 PM
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jan 2007
4,514 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old May 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
hey josh i rather have a bigger center plate so i have more room to mount stuff on to. the x650 cover is too small anyways but you are amazing at what you do? did you design the center plate that quadcopter.co.uk makes because they are amazing. i wish they had the heka 190mm center plates instead of the 170mm. they are super cheap. cost $33 after shipping and tax cheaper than stock center plates. which cost $40 carbon fiber. and they are much stronger.
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old May 17, 2011, 01:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
on the wiki site as i finially got radio set up only to find camera servo dont work, and this:

GPS Functions
Video for Flight Mode, GPS,Compass Function Introduction and Instruction:
XAircraft Flight Mode, GPS,Compass Function Introduction and Instruction (7 min 50 sec)

Look at the Input8 on'RC' tab, and flip the 2-way switch you selected on your Radio to check the states.
GPS Free Mode
In this mode, the copter is under manual control.
Position Hold Mode
In this mode, the copter is under semi-manual control. After you released the pitch & roll sticks about 2 seconds, the copter will enter Position Hold Mode. And once you move the sticks, the copter is back to manual control.
GoHome Mode
In this mode, the copter is under automatic control. The copter will return to home where it take-off automatically. You still can control it in this mode, but the GoHome function may fight against you.
the pics show no green mast for manual, green mast in middle is semi manual, and full green mast is gohome mode...

should that be a 3 way switch? instead
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old May 17, 2011, 02:09 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule View Post
Thanks rob I'll pm my coords in a few minutes. It's also important to know that I haven't picked up more than 5 satellites whereas in n.o. I pick up up to 11 however the accuracy is greater with less
Here are your graphs showing the number of satellites.

In the 1st graph I haven't taken into consideration how much of the horizon you can not see, so have assumed 10%. This is also reflected in the DOP.
You can see that your average number of satellites you can see is well above 7 and the average DOP is about 2

In the 2nd graph I changed the horizon to 20% that cannot be seen. This gives and average number of satellites you can see as around 5-6 with an average DOP of 2.5

So if we use the formula your position accuracy should be about 2-2.5m

The 3rd pic shows the names of satellites you should be able to see.

That was an impressive video. Are you using the settings X650 Fw1.31 3s Cross Style Default.xconfig or have you made some changes.

Cheers
Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; May 17, 2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old May 17, 2011, 02:14 AM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
GPS News

No good news today.
The antenna samples arrived yesterday. But seems not perfect. And continue to find another more professional provider. We want to find an antenna that performance like the one we tested last week(removed from other device).
In the meanwhile, we are working on the firmware.

the antenna solution is to enhance the anti-interfere ability. and the new firmware also try to lower down the electromagnetic radiation if possible, but need to test. we walk with two feet now.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old May 17, 2011, 02:24 AM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Feb 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Here are your graphs showing the number of satellites.

In the 1st graph I haven't taken into consideration how much of the horizon you can not see, so have assumed 10%. This is also reflected in the DOP.
You can see that your average number of satellites you can see is well above 7 and the average DOP is about 2

In the 2nd graph I changed the horizon to 20% that cannot be seen. This gives and average number of satellites you can see as around 5-6 with an average DOP of 2.5

So if we use the formula your position accuracy should be about 2-2.5m

The 3rd pic shows the number of satellites you should be able to see.

Cheers
Rob
Thanks rob that seems an accurate assessment
techcapsule is offline Find More Posts by techcapsule
Old May 17, 2011, 02:43 AM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen View Post
No good news today.
The antenna samples arrived yesterday. But seems not perfect. And continue to find another more professional provider. We want to find an antenna that performance like the one we tested last week(removed from other device).
In the meanwhile, we are working on the firmware.

the antenna solution is to enhance the anti-interfere ability. and the new firmware also try to lower down the electromagnetic radiation if possible, but need to test. we walk with two feet now.
Jingchen
What about a Sarantel omni-directional Geo-helix S-type active antenna
russdelaneyuk is offline Find More Posts by russdelaneyuk
Old May 17, 2011, 04:19 AM
Droner
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, CPH
Joined Mar 2006
2,410 Posts
Quote:

*note this was my second attempt after my first report. Winds picked up so it was a little more drifty. Gusts were approx 10 - 15mph Overall the compensation for wind was EXTREMELY impressive Also attached GPS sat positions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElmhGAq6y8
Your X seems to have very little of the dreaded "Xaircraft wobble", what settings are those?
SebastianJ is offline Find More Posts by SebastianJ
Old May 17, 2011, 04:44 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
hey josh i rather have a bigger center plate... i wish Quadframes.co.uk had the heka 190mm center plates instead of the 170mm. t
Hi

the reason I made the 170mm centre plate drawings for the hexa was to be able to retain the X650 cover and the 'stock' look.

If you want 190mm ones I expect Graham could sort you out

cheers

Josh
Old May 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas10an View Post
Your X seems to have very little of the dreaded "Xaircraft wobble", what settings are those?
Hi

have you tried the latest firmware?
Old May 17, 2011, 05:04 AM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Quote:

this is an old video from a guy here in the UK who has developed his own high end flight control system, and this is an MK (passive anntena by the way) for your reference
Old May 17, 2011, 05:08 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
this is an old video from a guy here in the UK who has developed his own high end flight control system, and this is an MK (passive anntena by the way) for your reference
Both Brilliant
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone