SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2011, 08:18 PM
Joined Jan 2004
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdelaneyuk View Post
What files do you need? I might be able to help.
Basically I am ready to setup the tx and the 1212. I think I got most of it correct but I need something to follow on what to look for in the feedback screen of the xair config software. See my past post on the green bars when I move the sticks.

Basically start to finish on calibration, setup, and config for the 1212 and ahrs.

The paper manual stops at electronic wiring. I can say with confidence that I have correctly completed page 20 of the manual for x style.
KiTCyclic is offline Find More Posts by KiTCyclic
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 08:27 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTCyclic View Post
Basically I am ready to setup the tx and the 1212. I think I got most of it correct but I need something to follow on what to look for in the feedback screen of the xair config software. See my past post on the green bars when I move the sticks.

Basically start to finish on calibration, setup, and config for the 1212 and ahrs.

The paper manual stops at electronic wiring. I can say with confidence that I have correctly completed page 20 of the manual for x style.
Ah i only have the downloaded files like the firmwares/ config software etc.
There has been loads of posts on this thread on how to calbrate RC and AHRS..
russdelaneyuk is offline Find More Posts by russdelaneyuk
Old May 11, 2011, 08:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcapsule View Post
yes its perfectly normal for your motors to spin and everything in radio should be reversed properly already from the X650 settings I left on it.
I have the same thing going on, but why wont the motors stop?
I have tried 1125 to 1085 on config station, tried playing with throttle trims +\- and motors keep spinning...I don't want to keep hit my computer USB bus with this load not to mention having no zero throttle, is it because there is no blade on motor shaft?

@ joshbb bummer, I hope something good comes out of your failure of the gps.
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Last edited by boxhead530; May 11, 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Bu
Old May 11, 2011, 08:43 PM
Joined Jan 2004
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead916 View Post
I have tried 1125 to 1085 on config station, tried playing with throttle trims +\- and motors keep spinning...I don't want to keep hit my computer USB bus with this load not to mention having no zero throttle, is it because there is no blade on motor shaft?
For the record I do not have any spin without props at 0 stick.
KiTCyclic is offline Find More Posts by KiTCyclic
Old May 11, 2011, 08:44 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTCyclic View Post

I found this link but cant seem to find the video they did on RC setup?
http://vimeo.com/xaircraft/videos/page:1/sort:newest
Old May 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,182 Posts
Quote:
I have the same thing going on, but why wont the motors stop?...
In your "Motor" tab is the motor start set to Armed or Normal?
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old May 11, 2011, 08:59 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
296 Posts
KitCyclic

After you connect the X650 to your pc, switch on your TX.
Make sure all your trims are neutral on the TX.
Then look at the neutral figure on the green bar indicator it should be around 1500.
If its 1525 for example, go to the right hand side of the config screen and you will see the neutral point set at 1500.

You need to click in that box and manually type in whatever your green bar indicator shows ie the 1525.

Only do this on elevator, roll and yaw.

Thats your RC calibrated.

AHRS
You need to ensure it is as perfectly level as you can get it, go to the AHRS module page on the config software, select the auto calibrate.

Just make sure it does not move during calibration.

Probably not as clear as the video but i hope this helps?

You will find that when you switch the transmitter off when finished the motors will slowly turn or try too, just unplug the 4 pin lead from the USB adapter.

Russ
Last edited by russdelaneyuk; May 11, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:29 PM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Feb 2011
486 Posts
Quote:

check your subtrim settings in your radio.
techcapsule is offline Find More Posts by techcapsule
Old May 11, 2011, 11:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
I have been leaving my GPS on connected via usb power only for extended periods to test it for signals etc.

Today it suddenly lost its signal and I could smell burning.

When I opened the gps up I could see (and smell) that an electrolytic capacitor has burnt out (and possibly adjacent components too), I cant quite read its value as its a bit scorched.

So unless Xaircraft decide to replace my now double faulty gps I am out of this
Xaircraft/Jingchen what should I do?

Hi Josh,
could you send it back for a replacement?

and have a check on the 4pin cable.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old May 11, 2011, 11:45 PM
Joined Jan 2010
862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdelaneyuk View Post
Here is a pic of mine, I presumed it was the faulty lead even though i had just updated the firmware on the GPS with it.

Maybe that was not the problem after all?

Its the same component.
Hi Josh & Russ,
I have asked for the detail parameter of this capacity. It's 10V 10uF.
It's directly connected to the 5V input.
There's might be 2 reason will burn the capacity.
1. too hi voltage.
2. the positive and negative are reversed.
Since you only connect it to the USB link and USB Port ouputs 5V, #1 is eliminated.
and #2 seems impossible too, but one possible thing is the lead was defaced that can be reversed and touch the pins while try to plug-in. the 1 & 4 pins of the Link port are the positive and negative pins.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old May 12, 2011, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
In your "Motor" tab is the motor start set to Armed or Normal?
That was a qq for later, how to set arm/disarm, because it is set normal...

Quote:
check your subtrim settings in your radio.
Well it is a data PAC from Tom9969 for hitec A9. And the main screen shows trim and I have them at the double beep, looking at tools screens I ( Gawd there is a lot of buttons ) and no mix and no offsets...

I'm looking at the configuration station wrong I'm sure, I got a powered USB box and it's got a heavy voltage protection to/ from computer, and I'll try ahigher setting 1150-1200 for a look at what happens in the morning.

on pervious test/attempt green mast bounced around 1124-1125. Mid stick green mast is just over center line, and WFO Green mast is pegged to the end.
Other Gn masts move with prediction.
I got a program fly sim, Realflight G5.5, have not looked yet, but is there a quad for it, or did I blow it and get too much of the wrong stuff?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:51 AM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
And way cool Jingchen for the gps's,
thats why I'm a little concerns about what power going for what when usb'd to my laptop. I'll change the throttle setting by 0001 up and down till something happens. Its going be up I'm sure. Just cuz I went down first.he he.

What's really scary, I looking at the xair 650 and have not flown it, but it's done I'm looking for either one more xair 650 or something else quad, dose any body have sujestions on which one and more IMPORTANTLY how to blend it in to the other helis, so my better half will have to really LOOK at what on the shelf.
What is everybody/anybody using to put the xair 650 in when transporting.
Old May 12, 2011, 02:04 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:

I mentioned previously that I changed my lower setting to 1135. Did you try that
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; May 12, 2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old May 12, 2011, 02:23 AM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
hey who else is flying a heka design i am thinking about flying in plus or x mode I am just try to find the easier way to have the settings for heka
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
Old May 12, 2011, 04:29 AM
Joined Jan 2011
319 Posts
Quote:
I wasn't aware that the gps issue was considered a "fiasco". A "fiasco" is the x720. our quads fly very well better than most on the market. And we all did get free 450's so I think we wait this one out (it's only been a few weeks) before we start defining things as fiascos that's a tad bit dramatic. I was the first in the states to get the gps and also the first to lose their quad in a crash because of it. But let's not forget the constant harassment of Xaircraft to get the gps on the market we rushed and pushed for this product as much they did so be patient.
+1..no need to panic
rfsalem is offline Find More Posts by rfsalem