Old May 01, 2011, 04:22 PM
Netherlands, ZH, Ridderkerk
Joined Aug 2010
329 Posts
Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
GPS

seems like my unit does a cold boot every time the power is cycled off then straight back on.

The internal battery reads 3.3v

I checked resistance of the aerial and it is infinite/ open circuit, that may be correct but I cannot find any specifications for it

U-blox is good quality gps so I dont really understand why my cell phone can get 9 satellites but this only manages 4-5 in the same location and quickly looses satellites when it is moved about, regardless of where the aerial is positioned reception is just as poor

I can only assume its a hardware-aerial mismatch/fault or a firmware issue

Maybe Jingchen can give some information
The resistance of the aerial should measure infinite as it is an ceramic transducer.

I think Jesolins has a point that the uBlox is (not?) configured/setup in the wrong way by XAircraft.
But as these modules are sold for a premium price, i am not gonna open it and fiddle with firmware or settings as it wold void the warranty.

I have the DIYdrones GS407 U-Blox GPS which out performs most PNA's.
And does the job on mine ArduPirate quad without resorting to copper shielding and/or torriods.

Hope XAircraft will resolve this issue.
isojed is offline Find More Posts by isojed
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2011, 04:27 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,475 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is offline Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old May 01, 2011, 04:27 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,454 Posts
Josh,
Since I don't have one to check, can you post some detailed closeups and I'll be happy to take a look too.
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe every day here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
it doesnt look like they have the rx and tx pins connected on the circuit board though,
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; May 01, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old May 01, 2011, 04:45 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isojed View Post
I think Jesolins has a point that the uBlox is (not?) configured/setup in the wrong way by XAircraft.
But as these modules are sold for a premium price, i am not gonna open it and fiddle with firmware or settings as it wold void the warranty.

I have the DIYdrones GS407 U-Blox GPS which out performs most PNA's.
And does the job on mine ArduPirate quad without resorting to copper shielding and/or torriods.

Hope XAircraft will resolve this issue.
thanks for the aerial information, I have several different ones and some give a reading on the meter

I actually mentioned the ublox configuration software 4 pages back

it does not seem like it is configured correctly to me
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Old May 01, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined Nov 2010
687 Posts
g'afternoon all,

finished the mech. build last night of my x650g, fun it was. now its the hard part:
all those dang wires...
1. can I shrink wrap the motor wires where the wires come out of the arms.
to add some shape edge protection...
2. where should the aurora9 rx antennas be fixed?
3. can i shrink wrap the wires from rx to the input board?
4. which method is better for mounting gps and compass? copper plate and flex antenna? Or stick them on the booms?
5. with the hitec 9, can i use the LS and RS sliders to controll the camera servos?
6. I am in way over my head, this radio AND Quad will be my first multi channel multi rotor radio controlled not toy, not counting the AR Drone and 3 channel coaxle and 3 channel single rotor helicopters.
7. even taking notes from reading this thread from the first post ( about 9 times so far) I must be stupid stupid stupid in i seem to get lost ( it maybe just oldtimers disease) on everything to do before i power up this aircraft...

sorry, im not ingoring the last 15 pages (every morning this thread explodes with OMH stuf) (OMH=over my head) of posts, you people have here KNOW so much, i belive the world will end when you guys/girls stop putting info here.

well i`m off to get some deans female connecters for the batts that came with the kit, and look for a hard case to put it in ( suit case? )
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old May 01, 2011, 06:16 PM
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Feb 2011
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead916 View Post
g'afternoon all,

finished the mech. build last night of my x650g, fun it was. now its the hard part:
all those dang wires...
1. can I shrink wrap the motor wires where the wires come out of the arms.
to add some shape edge protection...
2. where should the aurora9 rx antennas be fixed?
3. can i shrink wrap the wires from rx to the input board?
4. which method is better for mounting gps and compass? copper plate and flex antenna? Or stick them on the booms?
5. with the hitec 9, can i use the LS and RS sliders to controll the camera servos?
6. I am in way over my head, this radio AND Quad will be my first multi channel multi rotor radio controlled not toy, not counting the AR Drone and 3 channel coaxle and 3 channel single rotor helicopters.
7. even taking notes from reading this thread from the first post ( about 9 times so far) I must be stupid stupid stupid in i seem to get lost ( it maybe just oldtimers disease) on everything to do before i power up this aircraft...

sorry, im not ingoring the last 15 pages (every morning this thread explodes with OMH stuf) (OMH=over my head) of posts, you people have here KNOW so much, i belive the world will end when you guys/girls stop putting info here.

well i`m off to get some deans female connecters for the batts that came with the kit, and look for a hard case to put it in ( suit case? )

Most of us started off just like you. We look forward to you being a part of the discussion. If there are any specific issues that arise as you begin to fly dont hesitate to ask.

In regards to shrink wrapping your wires I personally wouldnt do such a thing. There will be times where you will need to potentially remove them. Your wires are protected enough in the configuration in which they have come. zip tying is my best suggestion.
techcapsule is offline Find More Posts by techcapsule
Old May 01, 2011, 06:27 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,454 Posts
Josh,
Here is a post I did on the proper UBLOX setup to help the Mikrokopter crowd a while back, so maybe it will help you Gents: UBLOX GPS setup 101
Cheers,
Jim
Vote for my Bro Joe every day here: Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
thanks for the aerial information, I have several different ones and some give a reading on the meter

I actually mentioned the ublox configuration software 4 pages back

it does not seem like it is configured correctly to me
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old May 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
RC_LEE
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Hi all,

I am a fairly new x650 flyer and this is my first post. I have found everyones post quite helpful.

I have a problem at the moment with connecting the compass to the AHRS. I have watched the online video tutorial and updated all the firmware below:

Flight_Controller_1.31_en.xfw
X650 V1.31 Firmware 3S + Style.xconfig
AHRS_1.20_en.xfw

When I have plugged everything in the compass LED does not light up. I am concerned that the AHRS compass port does not work. Is there a way I can check this?

To check out some of my aerial photography from the x650 I have posted somo pics on my facebook page:

robert chester lee photography
RC_LEE is offline Find More Posts by RC_LEE
Old May 01, 2011, 08:08 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_LEE View Post
Hi all,

I am a fairly new x650 flyer and this is my first post. I have found everyones post quite helpful.

I have a problem at the moment with connecting the compass to the AHRS. I have watched the online video tutorial and updated all the firmware below:

AHRS_1.20_en.xfw

When I have plugged everything in the compass LED does not light up. I am concerned that the AHRS compass port does not work. Is there a way I can check this?

To check out some of my aerial photography from the x650 I have posted somo pics on my facebook page:

Did you install the latest XAircraft configuration software? The latest version supports Compass and GPS.
russdelaneyuk is offline Find More Posts by russdelaneyuk
Old May 01, 2011, 08:12 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
294 Posts
GPS and Compass

Ok i have installed the GPS and Compass, I made a square Epoxy plate. Using The original mounting system but adding 2 spacers + a small spacer ring.
Will take a photo tommorow.
Old May 01, 2011, 08:18 PM
Suffolk
Joined Dec 2008
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_LEE View Post
Hi all,

AHRS_1.20_en.xfw

Here is the link
http://www.xaircraft.com/wiki/Downlo...ion_v1.1.5.414
Old May 01, 2011, 08:41 PM
RC_LEE
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdelaneyuk View Post
Did you install the latest XAircraft configuration software? The latest version supports Compass and GPS.
Thanks Russel, yes that was the first thing I updated and installed so it had the configurations. That is all setup. I then updated the flying style and then the AHRS. I have noticed that when I look at the AHRS version I think it states that it it 1.01.

This is what I downloaded and installed:

1. XAircraft Configuration v1.1.5.414
2. Flight Controller 1.31_en.xfw (settings pack)
3. AHRS 1.20_en.xfw
RC_LEE is offline Find More Posts by RC_LEE
Old May 01, 2011, 11:54 PM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russdelaneyuk View Post
Good work Delfin and a superb location to video, have you tried the GPS position hold?
Still is not present. GPS and a compass for the present in a way. I wait for them, soon should receive through EMS
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old May 02, 2011, 12:37 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Great video Delfin000! very smooth flying.. What camera are you using?
Here answers to your question. Flight was carried out in a gusty wind and a rain. But also here X650 (4X4) shows good results. With a compass and GPS and as sonar will fly more interestingly
Unique problem - Camera Mount with Shutter. I have altered it to a two-axial variant, but with it still it is necessary to work and improve

X650(x4).mp4 (3 min 0 sec)

Video shooting I do not in the strongest permission. This chamber allows to remove much better. But in it while there is no such necessity
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Last edited by Delfin000; May 02, 2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old May 02, 2011, 02:05 AM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin000 View Post
Here answers to your question. Flight was carried out in a gusty wind and a rain. But also here X650 (4X4) shows good results. With a compass and GPS and as sonar will fly more interestingly
Unique problem - Camera Mount with Shutter. I have altered it to a two-axial variant, but with it still it is necessary to work and improve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRvNgT7jCoM

Video shooting I do not in the strongest permission. This chamber allows to remove much better. But in it while there is no such necessity
Wow outstanding video, very nice indeed! Great job
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903