HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:01 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
953 Posts
HI Guys,

Yes JJtr1954 was correct and yes I passed since I had picked up some complete S-series FC with compass and gps from a few that wanted to get rid of them. I love the S-series since the mods Ive done and Hate the V2 P-series myself. My new Hexacopter sports the S-series FC. See below:

I have had great success with the S-series FC and also others over on the X830 site. I haven't found a better FC that I cant do the same things with the S-series. To bad the XA gave up on it. The V2 is a unreliable FC and cant be trusted in MHO from owning both and doing extensive testing. The only 2 systems that might be better in the long run would be DJI WK-M or the Autoquad FC.

Dont get me wrong as things are going and my FC's age I will have to switch at some point to the WK-M or Autoquad, Im just not ready yet since I have not gone beyond the capabilities of the S-series after extensive software rewrites and adding the modem and an osd card.
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; Jan 23, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:58 PM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Feb 2007
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batfire View Post

Dont get me wrong as things are going and my FC's age I will have to switch at some point to the WK-M or Autoquad, Im just not ready yet since I have not gone beyond the capabilities of the S-series after extensive software rewrites and adding the modem and an osd card.
Hi bat,

do you mean that you use a custom firmware?
If so, is it possible to get a copy?

Thanks.

Víctor
vadmcse is offline Find More Posts by vadmcse
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:04 AM
Four Props
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
I'm selling some xaircraft electronics if anyone is interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817022
RobertAngelo is offline Find More Posts by RobertAngelo
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:58 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Feb 2007
241 Posts
X650 Roll glitch

Hi,

I have a FC1212 + AHRS-S V1 with a X650 V4 Value.
Installed a gimbal and i have a little glitch on the roll servo. You can see it in the video.
Any idea?

X650 + FC1212 Roll glitch (1 min 22 sec)

Thanks.

Víctor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:33 PM
Mississippi
Joined Aug 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadmcse View Post
Hi,

I have a FC1212 + AHRS-S V1 with a X650 V4 Value.
Installed a gimbal and i have a little glitch on the roll servo. You can see it in the video.
Any idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB261...ature=youtu.be

Thanks.

Víctor
Hi Victor, how have you been? Have you tried changing servos? I have a new gimbal with two new servos I bought with the gimbal that are pretty cheap servos that don't center very well. One servo is noticeably worse at centering than the other. It could be that your roll servo is trying to center, but vibrations are creating problems for it. This could possibly create the twitch you are seeing.

I plan to buy the best servos I can find for the gimbal. My video is pretty good now, but I believe this will be the final step to really good video with my XA650.

Have you had consistent success with your XA650 since the reflash? Mine has been flying great ever since, except for a bullet connector going bad. I removed all bullet connectors and soldered the motors directly to the ESCs and my machine has never been so smooth.

How is Antonio's copter flying?

I hope all is well.

Dennis
jetjock51 is offline Find More Posts by jetjock51
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:26 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Feb 2007
241 Posts
Hi Dennis!!!

May be the problem is in the servo, since i'm using a standard Futaba, i'll try to get a better one, but i don't want to invest too much in this, it's just for fun.

About my quad, it's flying great since the upgrade, and a lot better after balancing the motors, spent a lot of time balancing them, but the difference is incredible.

About Antonio's quad. The controller is great after upgrade the firmware, but i couldn't make the GPS works.
With the RTH activated, the quad fly away from me (may be it's home is in CHINA )
Finally, Antonio sent the unit to the dealer in Spain to get it repaired, BUT Antonio wanted to fly, and he couldn't wait until get the unit back, so he bought a YS-X4 NAVIGATOR version, and of course, i was who calibrated and tested the unit.
After a week or two, some posts on RCG and a crash with no victims (except my honor) i must say that the controller is amazing!!!
Now we are waiting for the XA unit repaired, and start again!!

Well, that's all here, thanks for your answer and glad to hear your copter is flying well.

Victor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Hi all. i have a problem. i bought this set http://www.foxtechfpv.com/x650-v4-to...kit-p-375.html but i dont know how to calibrate ESC. when i connect esc directly to Rx throttle channel and than turn it on.....it reacts very bad. when i move my throttle stick on TX it has always the same RPM...or better. from 10%to100% of stick movement it has consant RPM...and below 10% it has constant but lower RPM. so i only have to position of throttle :-D...can anybody please help me? ...i want tu use it with crius AIOP board...but when i connect it via the board it does the same. So i have to calibrate ESC first. Please help me :-)
Ackroyd is offline Find More Posts by Ackroyd
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:23 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Feb 2007
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackroyd View Post
Hi all. i have a problem. i bought this set http://www.foxtechfpv.com/x650-v4-to...kit-p-375.html but i dont know how to calibrate ESC. when i connect esc directly to Rx throttle channel and than turn it on.....it reacts very bad. when i move my throttle stick on TX it has always the same RPM...or better. from 10%to100% of stick movement it has consant RPM...and below 10% it has constant but lower RPM. so i only have to position of throttle :-D...can anybody please help me? ...i want tu use it with crius AIOP board...but when i connect it via the board it does the same. So i have to calibrate ESC first. Please help me :-)
Hi,

The ESC's are ULTRA PWM, and i think that the behavior is correct.
I think that you can't connect directly to the receiver, you need the flight controller.
Now, in the flight controller you should have a parameter to change the ESC type, something like 400Hz ESC, or 500Hz, or normal. I don't have a Cirius controller, i use the FC1212 from Xaircraft and the ESC's are made for it.

Hope this help, but i think that you will get more feedback on the Cirius thread.

good luck

Víctor
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
168 Posts
X650 v4 v8 Frame for Sale

Hi guys,
Selling my X650 v4 v8 frame with extra parts below, make me an offer if interested via PM:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1827157
janoots2 is offline Find More Posts by janoots2
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:04 AM
Fastflydan
Joined Jul 2012
58 Posts
Hello everyone,

From our side, we opted for the electronic Dji Naza-m + GPS. We first tested the electronic XAircraft (both versions) and we had good scares that have cooled over the material. Dji with technology, no problem since!

Here is our first video filmed with a Gopro on a standard mount (no brace and no potentiometer). All the specs are in the video description.

http://www.matterhorns.org/pages/vid...craft-650.html
Winterproof Multirotor - XAircraft 650 with Dji Naza and Gopro Hero (4 min 25 sec)

Have Fun & Fly. over
www.matterhorns.ch
www.twitter.com/MFlyers
www.facebook.com/MatterhornsFlyers
Killadan is offline Find More Posts by Killadan
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
Fastflydan
Joined Jul 2012
58 Posts
Hi,
Another vids, part2

http://www.matterhorns.org/pages/vid...craft-650.html
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:30 AM
Fastflydan
Joined Jul 2012
58 Posts
Enjoy
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Jan 2012
422 Posts
A simple google search for xaircraft to my horror produced deadlinks every where. This company has had to have gone under...
ChrisDangerPants is online now Find More Posts by ChrisDangerPants
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:33 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
The funny part is Jeff mentioned back in December the Tag frames were "coming soon". 3 and a half months later still nothing. I guess XA got what was coming to them, they produced utter garbage, treated their loyal customers like trash, and provided 0 support.

Eventually that kind of company philosophy will do you in.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:20 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
They've been taking massive blow from the competitor but let's see if they manage to rebound.

Market's expectation for any commercial FC is pretty simple: forget waypoint capabilities, just focus on developing a gps-based FC system plus AP platform capable of producing stable video.

I wouldnt be surprised if XA needs to take more time. They may have not anticipated recent trend in gimbal technology. DJI is preparing to release zenmuse for gopro and some other brushless motor gimbal project is also maturing in a few weeks time. This trend will make servo based gimbal to become a thing of the past.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar