SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:29 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
887 Posts
Have an X650 V8 for sale ready to fly with compass/GPS/autopilot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RTF-Xaircraf...item2ec247d8bb
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
Last edited by teryn1; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:28 AM
Assam, India
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
New Xaircentre 1.8 in old X650

I started to fly the X650 after a long one year. Then with the help of Jincheng and Batfire I updated to Xaircentre 1.8 and updated the firmwares to the latest versions in my FC1212-S, AHRS-S with compass and also to GPS-S. But now the quad will not fly with my Turnigy 40Plush ESCs which were good enough in my old softwares in the same machine. Can any body point out where I may have gone wrong. The Xaircentre shows everything OK in the PC screen. One more issue my GPS was working normally earlier with Pacc around 350 which is as good now also as long as it is connected to the PC through USB. But now as soon as soon as I power with LiPo(3s) the GPS screen in Xaircentre display shows no data at all in GPS screen.

Thank you in advance if you care to pull me up

GOLDCAT
prabinbardoloi is offline Find More Posts by prabinbardoloi
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:35 AM
Assam, India
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
GPS in old X650

Well in continuation of my last post. OK I could fix the motor start up issue while modifying the Profile in USER mode. Fine they are running and the quad is flying.
But the GPS-S module still shows zero data when I power up the system from LiPo while PC is still connected through the USB link. Even the GPS starts flashing its green LED rapidly with zero satellite etc. This module disappear from the Xaircentre screen in AUTOPILOT section. It was upgraded to latest firmware V 1.0.

Any body will know ?

GOLDCAT
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabinbardoloi View Post
Well in continuation of my last post. OK I could fix the motor start up issue while modifying the Profile in USER mode. Fine they are running and the quad is flying.
But the GPS-S module still shows zero data when I power up the system from LiPo while PC is still connected through the USB link. Even the GPS starts flashing its green LED rapidly with zero satellite etc. This module disappear from the Xaircentre screen in AUTOPILOT section. It was upgraded to latest firmware V 1.0.

Any body will know ?

GOLDCAT
Hi prabinbardoloi

When looking at gps-s in XA Center you should be only connected to USB, do not connect the battery to copter. 2nd you should use this firmware and no other upgrade. Current firmware used for all systems onboard: FC1212-S V1.33, AHRS-S V1.23 and GPS-S V 1.01 The upgrade from this does not add anything to the FC or correct any normal issues. V1.34a bad firmware, V1.34b corrects issue with V1.34a firmware error.

Next if you are getting 0 sats steps to follow:

1st where is gps head in relations to the other electronics? It needs to be up and away from electronics. Verify with USB only connected if gps head up and away that you are still getting no sats.

2nd most likely you need to open gps-s if you are getting no signal and you will find either the connection is pulled out or not connected to gps ant. Socket. More than likely bad wire connection on gps-s ant. Connector. $15 for new gps head with 15" wire with connector installed over at CNCHelicopter. I had this same issue at one time and that was what it was. You should NEVER connect USB and battery to copter for any reason at the same time. Very dangerous.

Hope this helps.
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:17 AM
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISA...:L:LCA:GB:1123
neca is offline Find More Posts by neca
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:36 AM
Assam, India
Joined May 2009
43 Posts
Old X650

Hi Batfire!
Good to hear you responding once again.

Yes I looked into the GPS antenna connection inside while I replaced the battery. The unit works OK with 9/10 satellites and Pacc as good as 158. as long as it is powered from USB link. But it can never get a sat lock once powered from LiPo. This is I am finding confusing. The green LED keeps flashing rapidly without any sign of getting a sat-lock as long as I care to look. I wish there was a blue tooth link and OSD like Mikrokopter so that you see what is going on. I have the Pilot lamp where the blue LED keep flashing for ever.

This problem was never there when I flew the quad about six months back with old Xaircentre V 1.0 along with old firmwares.

Thank you

GOLDCAT
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
933 Posts
Hey Bat, does your statement; "You should NEVER connect USB and battery to
copter for any reason at the same time. Very dangerous." go for every FC or just
the XA?
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff View Post
copter for any reason at the same time. Very dangerous." go for every FC or just
the XA?

You need to have battery attached with USB for DJI WKM
ChrisDangerPants is offline Find More Posts by ChrisDangerPants
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jan 2006
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDangerPants View Post
You need to have battery attached with USB for DJI WKM
Thanks, Chris, but somewhere on the NAZA/WKM manuals I thought it
recommended not to use the flight battery when on the USB to the PC.
That made no sense to me till I saw a post that said to use the PMU
connection (the XT60 yellow connector) for power when the USB is
being used. This is why I am slightly confused.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,072 Posts
Jeff the only harm I've ever seen is to the USB port on your PC. They have been known to blow out when a higher voltage lipo is plugged in. I see no ill affects to your MR electronics.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:50 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
the XA?
With XA you dont need to plug in the lipo to the FC unlike DJI. With MK, if you want to upgrade the firmware you need to plug in the lipo to the FC and make sure that you remove the jumper in the MK USB. In short every FC system has its own electrical requirement and specifics.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Jan 2006
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
With XA you dont need to plug in the lipo to the FC unlike DJI. With MK, if you want to upgrade the firmware you need to plug in the lipo to the FC and make sure that you remove the jumper in the MK USB. In short every FC system has its own electrical requirement and specifics.
Thanks, Andy, now I feel more comfortable.

fajar, the WKM USB cable is very short, so I bought an 10 foot extension which makes
setup & upgrades much easier. Now, how do I accomplish what you suggested and why??

"make sure that you remove the jumper in the USB when you upgrade the firmware."
Last edited by Papajeff; Oct 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:34 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Adam, now I feel more comfortable.

fajar, the WKM USB cable is very short, so I bought an 10 foot extension which makes
setup & upgrades much easier. Now, how do I accomplish what you suggested and why??

"make sure that you remove the jumper in the USB when you upgrade the firmware."
Hi papajeff,

Theres no jumper in WKM micro usb cable so dont worry about that. The jumper thingy applies to the MK system, not WKM.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
423 Posts
All raw unedited, X650 V8 Autopilot gopro hard mounted on top of payload booms...
Quadcopter X650 V8 Autopilot + Compass hard mount GoPro raw footage 1 (3 min 18 sec)

Quadcopter X650 V8 Autopilot + Compass hard mount GoPro raw footage 2 (2 min 32 sec)

Quadcopter X650 V8 Autopilot + Compass hard mount GoPro raw footage 3 (7 min 43 sec)
ChrisDangerPants is offline Find More Posts by ChrisDangerPants
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jan 2006
933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
Hi papajeff,

Theres no jumper in WKM micro usb cable so dont worry about that. The jumper thingy applies to the MK system, not WKM.
fajar, WKM....MK....CIA....FBI....AMA....AARP!!!!!!! Hey, at least I am certain
of what AARP stands for; it's for Old Farts like me who get confused with all
of these shortcut "initials!"