SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:25 AM
UavRotorKing.com
United States, CA, Yorba Linda
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
who

who is from cnchelicopter. i thought i read that somebody on this works for cnchelicopter.

i was thinking about the foam tape thing is too much foam a bad thing?
i don't like the little foam blocks
i am planning on doing my first flight today hopefully it is a success (nervous). i can fly the 450 just fine but still nervous for flying my baby.

any tips you guys?

zirt57 thanks for backing me up on the spell check my wife and i laugh about it. i know i am bad at it but thanks
quad master is offline Find More Posts by quad master
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:30 AM
UavRotorKing.com
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
[QUOTE=Pjtyros;17060771]Nice one Paul, I did the following video yesterday but it was gusty and toooo cold.
I tend to use cruise mode all the time as there is too much wobble in hover mode. Quite pleased so far, I find orientation a real problem too so I have fitted a carbon rod with an orange ball, helps quite a bit. I did some stills as well and these were quite reasonable. I will post some pictures later.
Gps with position hold and return to home will be most welcome.
Cheers
Paul

how long is your flight time with that setup?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
Bournemouth UK
Joined Sep 2010
279 Posts
[QUOTE=quad master;17071232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjtyros View Post
Nice one Paul, I did the following video yesterday but it was gusty and toooo cold.
I tend to use cruise mode all the time as there is too much wobble in hover mode. Quite pleased so far, I find orientation a real problem too so I have fitted a carbon rod with an orange ball, helps quite a bit. I did some stills as well and these were quite reasonable. I will post some pictures later.
Gps with position hold and return to home will be most welcome.
Cheers
Paul

how long is your flight time with that setup?
I tend to run the lipo's singly and I have not done any testing in this area yet but 2200 is ok for about 6min + so I could easily get 12+ mins running the two in parallel.
Paul
Pjtyros is offline Find More Posts by Pjtyros
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2007
4,498 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:41 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb View Post
Hi Paul, Interesting about the foam, did you notice any more motor ticking?
Hi Josh. Not really.
Quote:
thanks for sharing the video. It did not look like you got much altitude, could you maybe take it higher next time and see what you think about it?
On my first lipo I did get a little higher, that's when I grabbed a couple of photos. The poor quad was getting chucked all over the place. Once I got the pics that's was it for higher altitude flying for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Paul not bad video not perfect but alot better than mine anyway, it may be just me but even with the flying around hover mode looked smoother than cruise mode the horizon stayed straight. Would it be possible to get the settingss you are using even in the wind it was not as bad as mine. Thinking maybe the AHRS or controller thats not quite right maybe just a thought.

Michael64
Hi Michael. For me I prefer Hover mode. I do not have to worry about the quad banking over. In cruise you lose a lot of the correction wobble but you get more of the unlevel horizon, this is where a good tilt and roll camera platform will come in handy.
On the settings. I'm just using the latest updates from Xaircraft in + mode.
The only numbers I have changed are in the camera tab to get my shutter switch tuned.

Quote:
In your post you say v 1.2 and on the video v1.21???
Hi Paul.
1.2 was the firmware I was using in the videos that Tony had linked to. I'm now using 1.21 in the vid from yesterday, BTW I put two packs through the quad and no glitches.

Quote:
I am wondering if it is any better in + mode, I have only ever used X mode, what do you guys think?
Paul
There is one good way to find out.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,498 Posts
---Deleted---
Canadian Geek is online now Find More Posts by Canadian Geek
Last edited by Canadian Geek; Feb 10, 2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:51 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,187 Posts
props

Dont understand all the number stuff but they look good and I want a set. How much and where/when can they be purchased.

Paul (pjtyros) What servo are you using on your tilt compensation and is it performing smoothly?

Cheers
Paul
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:24 PM
Ironbridge (UK)
Joined Jan 2009
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirt57 View Post
OK Josh, here it is:
Sorry, no English sub-titles.

- Jeff
Thanks Jeff your a star.

they tested on the equivalent of a 4s battery so you cant really compare it to previous tests which were at 11.1v A wasted opportunity to directly compare maybe?

they had it up to 170 watts which gave 1.1kg thrust, they did not hold it there long because of the motors melting though. grams per watt at that thrust =6.47

at 610g thrust was at 75 watts & 8grams per watt... and 4800rpm

510g thrust at 60 watts, 8.5 grams per watt
Joshbb is offline Find More Posts by Joshbb
Last edited by Joshbb; Jan 11, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:24 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Jeff your a star.

they tested on the equivalent of a 4s battery so you cant really compare it to previous tests which were at 11.1v A wasted opportunity to directly compare maybe?

they had it up to 170 watts which gave 1.1kg thrust, they did not hold it there long because of the motors melting though. grams per watt at that thrust =6.47

at 610g thrust was at 75 watts & 8grams per watt... and 4800rpm

510g thrust at 60 watts, 8.5 grams per watt
Cant believe they did not test the CF and stock props back to back. Wonder if they are gonna start selling CF props now.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
UavRotorKing.com
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
hey you guys i did my first flight under 1.21 flight control and 1.10 on AHRS plus style and 3 cell battery. it seems like helicopter is way too sensitive to my controls throttle is fine it just pitch,yaw, roll, controls seems too sensitive. anybody have any suggestions. before i try to mess around with settings i don't want to make problems worst.

thanks Glen
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad master View Post
hey you guys i did my first flight under 1.21 flight control and 1.10 on AHRS plus style and 3 cell battery. it seems like helicopter is way too sensitive to my controls throttle is fine it just pitch,yaw, roll, controls seems too sensitive. anybody have any suggestions. before i try to mess around with settings i don't want to make problems worst.

thanks Glen
Glen. Try adding some expo on your radio. I would leave yaw/rudd as it is.
Be careful. When I added expo to Hover mode it was OK but when I flicked into cruise it felt far to slow to respond.
Last edited by Paul@SCC; Jan 11, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:06 PM
UavRotorKing.com
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
what does expo do i never used that? (i have a jr radio xp6102 ) how much expo should i try? could it be that i am just a beginner all again ? it definitely more sensitive than my 450 trex
Old Jan 11, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3,187 Posts
Glen. It makes your sticks less sensitive . Get to your expo setting and dial in + 25% give it a try.

What mode are you testing, hover or cruise??

I think this is the quick way to get the feel that you like. Probably the best way would be to adjust the figures in the Xaircraft tools. I'm sure one of the gurus will be able to assist you with that.
Last edited by Paul@SCC; Jan 11, 2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: further info.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:44 PM
UavRotorKing.com
Joined Sep 2010
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Glen. It makes your sticks less sensitive . Get to your expo setting and dial in + 25% give it a try.

What mode are you testing, hover or cruise??

I think this is the quick way to get the feel that you like. Probably the best way would be to adjust the figures in the Xaircraft tools. I'm sure one of the gurus will be able to assist you with that.
i am testing hover which is channel five off right ? switch down hover thanks paul who are the gurus ?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:03 PM
"I want more air time!"
Joined May 2008
1,165 Posts
Quad Master,
what radio do you have?
Ken
Eternalflight is offline Find More Posts by Eternalflight
RCG Plus Member