Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:06 PM
United States, NC, Mebane
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Great videos Mr. B, you have re-inspired me to buy a mount for my X650. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
That's a shame George, yours was the highest hope of nailing this thing down

That's a hell of a lot of jello effect from vibrations there, especially considering the dull lighting (jello is worse in bright conditions)
I assume you've checked your XA over thoroughly for anything causing the vibes ? or is it just the camera mount that's not very good at vibration damping ?

Here's a couple of videos taken with my HX9V on board my XA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=779JHpawgHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_WIdT3nx0

2 Axis Stabilised...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LdnFkXvpWg

Musical ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqRMTYoTt5s
Derrick T is offline Find More Posts by Derrick T
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:11 PM
Multirotors blow
Peterborough, England
Joined Dec 2006
886 Posts
Here is the video of my first camera flight today taken from my spyglasses with commentary. Enjoy.

First camera platform flight from Spyglasses 201111 (10 min 55 sec)

That's me done now till XAircraft come up with some new firmware that works reliably!

George.
georgebinns is online now Find More Posts by georgebinns
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:24 PM
Suspended Account
United Kingdom, Swansea
Joined Mar 2011
2,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick T View Post
Great videos Mr. B, you have re-inspired me to buy a mount for my X650. Thanks
Very funny Derelict

TeeJayBee is offline Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:05 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgebinns View Post
Thanks for the advice Gary. I totally agree with your comments.

I've seen some of your postings on the other threads but didn't realise you had a complete XAircraft kit sitting on the shelf.
I think there are a lot of people in the same boat Gary - we are all waiting for XAircraft to sort out the known problems. What frustrates people the most is the fact that they are actively promoting lots of "New" products before they have sorted out the existing ones - that's what grips the most!!!!

George
I know, it grips the hell out of me as well. I'm spoiled now, though, with the performance of the WK-M, so I'm not sure I'll ever be happy with the XA setup, even if they do fix the compass-related problems. Nonetheless, I just hate the fact that I might have wasted over $600 on something, so I continue to hold out hope that they'll finally get there act together, and at least have a GPS-based system that won't fly away on its own, or worse. I'll tell you what is going to piss me off even more, however, is if the only way they can make this right is forcing us to spend more money on a newer system. That would be criminal, in my mind.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I know, it grips the hell out of me as well. I'm spoiled now, though, with the performance of the WK-M, so I'm not sure I'll ever be happy with the XA setup, even if they do fix the compass-related problems. Nonetheless, I just hate the fact that I might have wasted over $600 on something, so I continue to hold out hope that they'll finally get there act together, and at least have a GPS-based system that won't fly away on its own, or worse. I'll tell you what is going to piss me off even more, however, is if the only way they can make this right is forcing us to spend more money on a newer system. That would be criminal, in my mind.

-- Gary
+1 I couldn't have said it any better!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Yes the DJI, I've only ever calibrated it the once about a month ago and have flown at various sites up to 75 miles away. And today I flew with-in close proximity to lines and had no problems, in fact I'm posting the video right now on the DJI forum..
Thanks, that's good to know. I think I'll eventually move to DJI too.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:28 PM
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJayBee View Post
Very funny Derelict

Do you like the Jakub camera gimbal? Any problems with it?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2010
861 Posts
Prototype of AHRS-P. AHRS-P has anti-vibration design inside, will be tested after new firmware and AHRS-S V2

Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:47 PM
Joined Jan 2010
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post

-- Gary
We will be there.
Jingchen is offline Find More Posts by Jingchen
Old Nov 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
United States, CT, Broad Brook
Joined Jul 2011
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen View Post
Prototype of AHRS-P. AHRS-P has anti-vibration design inside, will be tested after new firmware and AHRS-S V2

That's nice. Now how about everyone else who is still waiting for a fix on V1?

Can I return my GPS, Compass, FC & AHRS for a full refund (only 2 months old)?
ScottPhoto is offline Find More Posts by ScottPhoto
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:11 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingchen View Post
We will be there.
Good to know, but over here we have a saying, "we'll believe it when we see it...". Hopefully, you will release te new software that makes us believers soon.

Also, a friendly piece of advice. You might want to refrain from posting any more pictures or info about new products until you are able to prove that the one that doesn't work has been fixed. This aggravates the problem and really pisses off most people. Call it a cultural thing. We don't like feeling like we are being taken advantage of, and when you promote new products before you've fixed the one that you already sold, we feel we are being taken advantage of, plain and simple.

You would be better served, and do a better job of retaining the fast eroding respect you've earned here by giving us updates on the new software/firmware, instead of pimping new widgets.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:27 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,094 Posts
All you guys that own this non working gps, why don't you send it back to the place you bought it from and ask for a full refund?

Here is something else I do not understand.
This gps is obviously not working. So why is it that if you go on the first page of this thread the ''Official"retailers still have it for sale.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:08 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPhoto View Post
That's nice. Now how about everyone else who is still waiting for a fix on V1?

Can I return my GPS, Compass, FC & AHRS for a full refund (only 2 months old)?
Good and well-aimed question.
Return is improbable. It is sold too much. Now it is headache XA. There is Enough that they would correct a problem in the compass microprogram. They could return these our trust.
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:18 AM
Russia, Moscow
Joined Jan 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
All you guys that own this non working gps, why don't you send it back to the place you bought it from and ask for a full refund?

Here is something else I do not understand.
This gps is obviously not working. So why is it that if you go on the first page of this thread the ''Official"retailers still have it for sale.
That representatives XA will tell about it
Delfin000 is offline Find More Posts by Delfin000
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:23 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
834 Posts
For me the obvious thing to do is to convert the x650 original i have sat gathering dust to x configuration, pimp it up with new motors escs and props ( ie quality ones ) and then add some cool lights , strengthen the landing gear and load the working firmware which i believe is 1.31 ? Then sell it quick while its still worth more than 100 bucks. I have spent lots of time and money on something that didn't really live up to expectations , now i have the dji on a x650 v4 frame and think its an awesome combination. I cant go back now and have lost all faith in XA im afraid. The only way i would consider keeping the old x650 and XA FC is if XA admitted it is junk and allowed us beta testers to upgrade to the new "p" version for free or for a VERY small amount of money to maybe just cover manufacturing costs..ie 75 bucks. I refuse to spend another penny than that opn something that has flipped and flown off more times than i can remember to the point of me not feeling safe flying it around other people in it's current state.

Rant off
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz