HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:11 PM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Suggestion
Give us back rcgroups on mobile!!!!!!!

With the rc hobby outstripping just about anything else in the world for speed and development of new technology.....

Who the heck decided to take browsing on mobile back 4 blinking years on RCGroups??

This is now the ONLY internet site that ONLY gives me a pre-school dumbed down version on my otherwise fully featured nokia device.

WHY ? WHY? wHY? And come to think of it why can you not reply to other peoples complaints in the complaint section?

I LOVE RCGroups. I bet the sponsors of the site do to - I have on nemurous occasions clicked a banner add and bought items from the sponsors. That wont be happenong again untill you go back to how it was.......

NONE of the adverts show up. Whowever is in charge of this retrograde step should check up on how many folk surf the net in a mobile way before they change things.

Sorry for the rant.

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:06 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
The mobile version of the site was one of the most requested features. Those who don't like it will have a way to opt out soon.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
Old Oct 22, 2010, 03:12 AM
oxford uk
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
You are joking?

People actually requested this complete rubbish? and worse still someone spent time implementing it? .....

mobile browsing has been no different to pc browsing for at least 18 months in the UK at least.

If the advertisers and sponsors could see what I could see now they would pull there money out of this site.... Immediately!

Cant stop ranting on this subject - I'm livid!!!!!!

Paul
yogz is offline Find More Posts by yogz
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:16 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,424 Posts
Yes, there are people who prefer a special mobile version of the site. Just refer to this list of posters requesting Tapatalk app support (which is another way to access the site similar to the mobile style) just in this forum. And there were also countless PMs and contact form submissions about it.

Those who prefer to experience the full site version on their mobile devices can now switch to it using the button at the bottom of the screen.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator