SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:14 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,320 Posts
How about the SX motor current drain? of course i get that at full power it must drain faster than the SP.. but in "cruise" or "economic" flying mode its comparable?

oh... how about shiping costs to Europe?
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
Battery drain isn't significantly different. You will want a higher end battery to be sure though to get the most out of it.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:03 PM
COPENHAGEN DENMARK
Joined Aug 2007
322 Posts
You can buy thise motors in England but i can`t remember a link, i am sitting in Marocco just now.
John
johnkielsen is offline Find More Posts by johnkielsen
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
you can find it at Towerhobbies or direct at nineagles site.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:52 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
I'm using a Blade Nano motor in my Nine Eagles U.M. P47, and it flies great! Better than the motor it came with...
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:06 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
I'm using a Blade Nano motor in my Nine Eagles U.M. P47, and it flies great! Better than the motor it came with...
Do you mean this one?

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdID=BLH3303
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:20 PM
Spitflier
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Feb 2012
189 Posts
Very interesting thread. Lots to learn here!
StompinThom is offline Find More Posts by StompinThom
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:40 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,849 Posts
I think I may be needing to buy one of these. My P-51 motor appears to be deceased after 1.5 years and many hard landings/crashes.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:20 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,780 Posts
Does anyone know the approximate static RPM of the bravo SX motor with no load i.e. not installed in the gearbox?
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:24 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
United States, NY, Cortland
Joined Sep 2010
2,839 Posts
A brushed motor might well overspeed during a no-load full-throttle test. Might damage the bearings, or brushes, or fling the rotor against the magnets...
CNY_Dave is offline Find More Posts by CNY_Dave
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:43 PM
Fox Four,..Guns, Guns, Guns!
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Hi all! sorry for jumping in. I found this because I have been heavily involved with the UM's lately due to storage, time and money. It's raining, cold and windy now in Cali so time for maintenance and upgrades on my fleet P51, T28, F4U. I have swapped out 2 stock motors in each plane since and realized I better look into something better because 50-60 flights per motor swap is not going to cut it for me if I want to continue flying these UM's the way I do. I'm planning to upgrade to the NE Bravo SX, prop and have new batts on order. Also recently picked up the Mossi so I'm hoping something better will surface when it comes time to repacing those motors.

I use the DX6i but I thought I read some place you can adjust the throttle to 125%? I thought 100% was 100% on throttle. If this is true, how does it work? What does it do? will it give me more power?
jwoocrew is offline Find More Posts by jwoocrew
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:51 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
New BLH3904 BL UM gearbox conversion thread

Some of you guys may find this interesting, everything needed costs about $10 more than the SX conversion
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:41 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
New BLH3904 BL UM gearbox conversion thread

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...2-DSCN2064.jpg

Some of you guys may find this interesting, everything needed costs about $10 more than the SX conversion
Very cool. I will do this.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:54 AM
Fox Four,..Guns, Guns, Guns!
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Once again, sorry for jumping in. I just wanted to thank you guys (Esp RCBABBEL) for all the research done on the motor selection, tools, instructions and reviews to making the PZ UM's a lot more enjoyable to fly. I was able to put together a few NE, Bravo SX motors as described and recently test flown one in the F4U. I noticed at half speed the plane flies at stock max speed and at full throttle, well you get the big picture! I have not read any reports as to how long these motors last. Even if they last 50-70 flights, I would still be happy of the upgraded results. If they last longer it will be a surprised bonus
jwoocrew is offline Find More Posts by jwoocrew
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:53 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoocrew View Post
Once again, sorry for jumping in. I just wanted to thank you guys (Esp RCBABBEL) for all the research done on the motor selection, tools, instructions and reviews to making the PZ UM's a lot more enjoyable to fly. I was able to put together a few NE, Bravo SX motors as described and recently test flown one in the F4U. I noticed at half speed the plane flies at stock max speed and at full throttle, well you get the big picture! I have not read any reports as to how long these motors last. Even if they last 50-70 flights, I would still be happy of the upgraded results. If they last longer it will be a surprised bonus
+1!

Maybe you haven't heard much about the lifespan of these motors because none of them have quit yet.

Have a good one,
Kody
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49