Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:32 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,239 Posts
i use super clear tape on the backside. you cant see it and its very easy and stays put. my dubro balancer is my best friend. great purchase.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:59 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,706 Posts
got it walt... i just want to try that with the sand paper.. already tried the tape.. not bad at all.. but for me, this is a one time done and forget
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:08 AM
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Jul 2012
699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
guys whats the grit a need to use to balance the props? im done doing it with CA.. let me know please
I've found clear spray paint on the light blade works best. Go easy until you get a feel for how much you need to apply. If you fog it from a distance you can barely tell the paint is on there.

Once you get the blades pretty even you can use CA on the hub to balance it.
ForsheeMS is offline Find More Posts by ForsheeMS
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:14 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
got it walt... i just want to try that with the sand paper.. already tried the tape.. not bad at all.. but for me, this is a one time done and forget
If you do it right the tape will be just as permanent. The other option is to take spray clear and lightly spray the light blade. Sanding is not good for wood props so the clear spray method will work on any prop you try, plastic, wood, CF.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:43 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,239 Posts
tape just seems easy and has been permanent in my experience. i find it easy to adjust with a razor once on if too heavy. clean and easily removed as well.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:11 AM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhood View Post
Which wing did you damage? Can you show a picture of the damage? I may have a something that will work for you.
It's the left wing here is a picture I think. I'm never sure when I add a pictureName: image.jpg
Views: 44
Size: 71.6 KB
Description: Tip of wing

Ok, it worked
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:30 AM
United States, MN, Odin
Joined Aug 2010
334 Posts
I'll look when I get home. I should have one that you can replace it with. I'll pm you tonight.
Redhood is online now Find More Posts by Redhood
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:36 AM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Flying in the fog

I went out flying in the fog yesterday check it out! I am thinking about installing a Eflite power 25 on my P-47 what do yall think? I have had her for a week and love her! She has retracts and flaps, I am flying her using the DX7s., great plane great TX!

Flying the Parkzone P-47D in the fog (6 min 46 sec)
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:42 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
It's the left wing here is a picture I think. I'm never sure when I add a pictureAttachment 5513118

Ok, it worked
You can build up the tip of the wing using several layers of clear packing tape. It won't look as good as new, but it will protect the wing from any further damage.
Leo L is offline Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:28 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
It's the left wing here is a picture I think. I'm never sure when I add a picture
Its too bad you dont have the missing chunk you could either epoxy or foam safe CA it back in to place. Hot glue works wonders too.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:36 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,996 Posts
My New Park Zone P-47 Thunderbolt!

Got this new model about two weeks ago and had to pick it up at Palmetto, Florida which was approximately 160 miles away. I bought it here in the classifieds knowing well that I was going to use this trip to visit my oldest daughter that lives in Tampa, Florida while on the way to pick the model so, it worked in all accounts.

Missing was the Motor, however, the ESC, all servos and Flaps were configured with flap servos pre-installed.

Early this morning, I finally got around to finish the model by installing a brand new Park Zone 15 Brushless motor (950Kv) and I thought to myself, why not make it look as scale as possible so, I found a bag with at least (Quantity 6) Grand Wing Servo (GWS) 4-Blade (10 X 8 X 4) Plastic "Electric" Propellers. I had to hone them to the propeller adapter that I used (Great Planes Propeller Adapter that comes with the GD600 gearbox). Honing out the inner Propeller Hub took patience since you can easily over-heat the Propeller Hub and deform it, if you do not STOP and allow the hub to cool while drilling.

Using a spare Spektrum AR500, and my Spektrum DX7 the model was activated for the first time at the wee hours of early morning around 3:00am Eastern. I was pleasantly surprised on the smooth Propeller power run up using the Black molded 4-Blade GWS Propeller. No vibrations or wobble.

I used Minwax Water Based Polycrylic to protect the paint and decals and it worked like a charm. The maiden was super scale and that GWS 4-Blade provided lots of punch in the thrust department and air speed was pretty impressive as well.

Best of all the landing was spectacular with full flaps (Flaps on Gear switch). Model touched down super slow and like watching the full size! That 4-Blade really helps provide thrust during landing.

A few pictures of my early morning setup work and at the field.

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:49 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,493 Posts
Nice looking T-Bolt there Carlos!

It's always fun to buy something off the classifieds, get it home, clean it up a bit, and then the fun really begins Looks great with that big GWS prop sitting on the business end ! I imagine you'll be adding the retracts soon ???

Regards,
John
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:52 PM
CRASH MONKEY
United States, UT, Leeds
Joined Oct 2011
646 Posts
Why you don't look at your TX while flying

I looked down for just a second, looked back up my plane was in the sun pulled the sticks the wrong way and BOOOOM!!! One week old plane dead.
Oh well im getting the Corsair and the Mustang this week.

Parkzone P-47D crash after math (2 min 39 sec)
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; Feb 06, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:57 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Nice looking T-Bolt there Carlos!

It's always fun to buy something off the classifieds, get it home, clean it up a bit, and then the fun really begins Looks great with that big GWS prop sitting on the business end ! I imagine you'll be adding the retracts soon ???

Regards,
John
Thanks John,

No retracts of any kind for right now as I had a bad experience with the E-Flite Retracts on my Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX. After just 25 flights one of the E-Flite Electric Retract started to cycle Up and Down by itself (Unsolicited).

I can not find the freaking purchase receipt so, I will perhaps go back with the Stock Fix landing gear.

I will keep this Jug as is for now....as it flew just fantastic and I was pleasantly surprised on the Air Speed while using the GWS 4-Blader! Never went to Full Throttle and I found myself at 1/2 throttle most of the time.

Regards,
Pitts
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:10 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidmonkey View Post
I looked down for just a second, looked back up my plane was in the sun pulled the sticks the wrong way and BOOOOM!!! One week old plane dead.
Oh well im getting the Corsair and the Mustang this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4sl0ZYfHuQ
I hate to see that; sorry for your misfortune.

However, that is repairable. The motor is probably just pushed back on itself; you can pull it out carefully. Also, the rest of the damage is all repairable with hot glue, CA, and/or epoxy. My PZ Corsair v1 was in more pieces and it's still one of my best flying planes.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767