SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:57 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,405 Posts
Fish, That's great! So many newbies think they need new motors, ESC and prop with out ever knowing what it will do stock! BTW, what is the pitch on the stock prop?
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:05 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
I kept mine stock until I did the turtledeck and repaint with flaps. The little bit of extra weight needed a bump in power....But I still fly it the same
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:26 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,564 Posts
i consider myself kinda a newbie with 200 micro flights, 150 t-28 flights but i am really only trying to get a 4 blade on this bird without a lawn dart incident. im sure the stock speed and performance will keep me more than happy. i will continue to work toward the 4 blade look with stock plane speed. thats good enough for me. i will be staying 3 cell as well. this weather is a killer!
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
800 Posts
Weather cooperates

Maidened the P47 today. Really a nice plane, flies so nice. The weather finally warmed up from single digits into the mid-twenties today with zero wind. Great day to maiden.

This plane is just a pussy cat, really docile. I love the look on low passes.

I belly land in a field across from my house in shorter grass (not short enough for wheels though).

It's all stock on 3S-2250- 25C Rhinos. A little slow for me, so I look forward to the prop upgrade (300 Extra prop).

All in all a great flying day, got 4 flights in.

Very happy with this bird.

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:53 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,564 Posts
great to hear! so excited about my maiden too!
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:08 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
...I look forward to the prop upgrade (300 Extra prop).
You'll like the 300 prop. Definitely gives the P-47 a little more zip. Be sure to check the balance on this prop as I've run into a few that were waaaay out of balance.
Lilienthal is online now Find More Posts by Lilienthal
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:06 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Great to here that she flew great for you, I did some flying of my own today with the weather in the mid 30's here with little wind. My P-47 is in the shop getting a makeover!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Sep 2008
800 Posts
Thanks guys, definitely a good day. My first flight I was amazed at how sweet it flew and the hand launches were a breeze. No bad tendencies at all, amazingly friendly flier. You can rudder it around if you want, use lots of aileron if you want, what ever your inclined to do. No tip stalls, or anything. Nice loops and rolls, landings were easy.

I just love the view as it comes at me on a low fly by - just very cool

I'll definitely be balancing the 300 prop, thanks for the heads up.

Perfect for next door flying.

Thanks for the props guys. I've enjoyed reading through this thread as well. Very versatile airframe.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:58 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
It's a great plane for sure. Just wait till you try it in some wind. Your first comment will be: what wind??
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:12 AM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Nov 2012
154 Posts
Hey Brownie,

It was a beautiful day today in Appleton as well. I loaded up the car to go fly and my "airport" hadn't been plowed. Congrats on the maiden....you'll love this plane it's my best flyer.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
Maidened the P47 today. Really a nice plane, flies so nice. The weather finally warmed up from single digits into the mid-twenties today with zero wind. Great day to maiden.

This plane is just a pussy cat, really docile. I love the look on low passes.

I belly land in a field across from my house in shorter grass (not short enough for wheels though).

It's all stock on 3S-2250- 25C Rhinos. A little slow for me, so I look forward to the prop upgrade (300 Extra prop).

All in all a great flying day, got 4 flights in.

Very happy with this bird.

Mike
Wild Deuce is offline Find More Posts by Wild Deuce
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Sep 2008
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
Hey Brownie,

It was a beautiful day today in Appleton as well. I loaded up the car to go fly and my "airport" hadn't been plowed.

Paul
Ah, yeah you are north far enough to still have snow on the ground, We just have patches here and there. Plenty of grass to land in. Not sure how belly landing on snow would be? It its soft and fresh, probably work well, but hard packed sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Good to hear from a local

Mike
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:02 PM
Doctorfoamy on Youtube
United States, TX, Denton
Joined Sep 2011
176 Posts
For comparison....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster1000 View Post
I just flew stock motor, 4s2200 lipo, APC 9X9 Sport Prop.Burst/initial Data: 37 amps / 570 watts. Of course numbers dropped slowly as static test ensued.It hand launched beautifully, just like stock. Significantly more vertical and speed. This plane is so good that I would also be happy with the stock set-up (and 10.5x9 or equiv prop). Being only 17F degrees, heat was not an issue. Time will tell if this PZ motor will last in warmer weather? Any guesses?
You will want to toss the PZ motor in a few months when it gets hot. Here it Texas we have to build everything for the heat - considering that we fly when it is often 105-110 F.

Here is an example of what we have found to be a great setup for this plane:
Power 15, E-Flite 60 amp ESC, 4s 2200 40C and APC 11x7 prop. I've flown this same demo hundreds of times on this rig... full power for 4-5 minutes. As a comparison, I attached a video of the same setup on my new PZ F4U 1-a. Similar results, speed and climb.

Parkzone P 47 Power 15 4S 2200 60 Amp ESC 1 26 2013 (4 min 32 sec)

Parkzone Corsair F4U 1A FOUR CELL w 60amp ESC Stock Motor (1 min 54 sec)
jlkitz is offline Find More Posts by jlkitz
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:14 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,741 Posts
Very nice setup, it sure is fast and looks like it has nearly unlimited vertical. Amazing to think of flying in 110 F temps ... wow.

Thanks for posting the videos.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:35 PM
United States, NY, Schenectady
Joined Sep 2009
247 Posts
[QUOTE=jlkitz;23948407]You will want to toss the PZ motor in a few months when it gets hot. Here it Texas we have to build everything for the heat - considering that we fly when it is often 105-110 F.

Here is an example of what we have found to be a great setup for this plane:
Power 15, E-Flite 60 amp ESC, 4s 2200 40C and APC 11x7 prop. I've flown this same demo hundreds of times on this rig... full power for 4-5 minutes.

Wow, I'm impressed that the E-flite power 15 held up with an 11x7 on 4 cell. Do you have any amp/watts data. Video looked great, if not exactly scale.
Buster1000 is offline Find More Posts by Buster1000
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:39 PM
I Toast Planes
Joined Jul 2010
946 Posts
Decided that since it flies soo smooth and is a plane I have logged many hours flying that I would make my P47 my FPV trainer.
bakon is offline Find More Posts by bakon
Last edited by bakon; Jan 27, 2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Forgot attachments