SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:21 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
I think my Sony Alpha 35 is just a little bigger than the handicam Its a great camera in the hand or on a tripod, but trying to hat mount it is challenging due the the mass of the lens sticking out the front. I have tried to mount it to every piece of head wear I have and the only thing that didn't out right fall from my head was my full face bike helmet. Even it would shift enough to interfere with my line of sight.

Maybe if I just made the PVC pipe camera rig and had him take an HD video the next time I could just pull a frame or two out for stills I don't find they have as good as quality as a still shot though
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:39 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakon View Post
Has anyone used Gorilla glue on this plane?
Yes, works fine.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:57 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,375 Posts
still waiting on hobby lobby to get some more 4 blades in for my jug. so in the mean time i ordered a apc 4 blader. i believe 10 inch span. i also ordered a 54 amp esc and i have a seperate bec i can use. im going with stock motor and 3 cell batts. waiting on a watt meter as well to come in. i hope this system will work as i patiently wait for hobby lobby to get more in stock. cant stand the look of the 2 blader. with this weather im just looking at my plane hanging in my office. i think i will fly her with extra 300 prop to start but really want a 4 on there eventually. any one use the apc 4 bladers? thanks, walt.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:11 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,366 Posts
I am with you Walter. I know that when it is flying you can't see it, but you sure can when it is hanging in the hanger! I want scale props! I don't care that it will fly slower or need a new ESC. I want scale props!
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,394 Posts
Always liked the JUG.
Reco is online now Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:32 AM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
still waiting on hobby lobby to get some more 4 blades in for my jug. so in the mean time i ordered a apc 4 blader. i believe 10 inch span. i also ordered a 54 amp esc and i have a seperate bec i can use. im going with stock motor and 3 cell batts. waiting on a watt meter as well to come in. i hope this system will work as i patiently wait for hobby lobby to get more in stock. cant stand the look of the 2 blader. with this weather im just looking at my plane hanging in my office. i think i will fly her with extra 300 prop to start but really want a 4 on there eventually. any one use the apc 4 bladers? thanks, walt.
Walter, it's going to take more than an upgraded ESC to handle that much power. The problem is that even the much better made power 25 motors can only handle 44A of power. The little BL15 handles much less. If you keep running it at 54A it'll be toast in a short amount of time.

What pitch is the APC prop? I use an 11x9x4 APC prop that I cut down to 10" diameter. This only pulls 38A using the power 25 (870kv) motor.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:38 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
I originally wanted to get a 4 blade prop. Then I flew it on the extra300 prop. I no longer want to fly on a 4blade. I mean I still might get one and just throw it on there for static display. However the increased performance just by changing the prop and keeping everything else stock is impressive.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:48 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,523 Posts
I store my planes in my bedroom nose-in against the wall, so I don't see the plane sitting around. When I do see it, it's only while on the bench at the flying club field. I prefer to see my plane up in the air, and it performs great with the two-blade so I honestly don't mind the two-blade prop. Like kalmon said, the Extra 300 prop is awesome on this plane and since I can't see the prop while it's flying, it doesn't bother me.

I know, to each his/her own, etc. More power to those of you who need a four-bladed prop on your Jugs. I won't be joining you (although I own four or five four-blade props that would work on these planes; I just won't use them). I prefer the two-bladed props on my models; they break less on the grass fields I fly from (due to the momentary nose-overs from time to time).
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:11 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,532 Posts
Amen. why spend money on props. I am sometimes shocked how tough the two blades are. The four blades seem to break just looking at them.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:41 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,375 Posts
jtaylor, what do you mean - that much power? im keeping everything stock just changing to a bigger esc for safety. can you explain?
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:44 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
By power in that instance I mean the amps. Putting 50A into that motor will get it too hot and it will throw a magnet. Both the ESC and motor need to be changed if you want to run a big 4 blade prop like the hobby lobby.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:48 PM
2948 scale Combat
Maryland
Joined Aug 2004
600 Posts
Yes that is true. I had one go down in smoke with that 4 blade Prop and 4 cell Bat.
The magnet came lose and locked up the motor in flight. I did save the plane and she still flys but with a new motor and speed control.
critter1340 is offline Find More Posts by critter1340
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:57 PM
2948 scale Combat
Maryland
Joined Aug 2004
600 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post17269056

I got the P-47 Jan 2011 and she is still going
critter1340 is offline Find More Posts by critter1340
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:08 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,366 Posts
Walter, I adjusted the Hobby Lobby four blade to minimum pitch and it is fine with the stock motor and 3S. I use the 11" one, too. Not the shorter one. Looks better And. . .it has lots of power and speed. It is not a jet, but it is flying much faster than scale speed.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jan 22, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, NY, Schenectady
Joined Sep 2009
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
Walter, I adjusted the Hobby Lobby four blade to minimum pitch and it is fine with the stock motor and 3S. I use the 11" one, too. Not the shorter one. Looks better And. . .it has lots of power and speed. It is not a jet, but it is flying much faster than scale speed.
Have you checked the amps for this set-up? Luckily, the P-47 is easy to dead stick and motors are cheap.
Buster1000 is offline Find More Posts by Buster1000