HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:10 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
just picked up this 9 inch little beauty! going to paint her like her big sister. takes me back to being a kid again. i have not assembled one of these for ever. what fun!
Hey walter3rd- your not alone in being a kid again. I 've been building plastic model replicas(1/48 scale) of my larger pz and e-flite warbirds(same paint schemes and all)for a couple of years.So that when in the future if the larger foam warbird is discontinued,i can point to the model warbird and say i had that one and that one in a much larger rc plane! I've got to get on in building my pz spitfire replica,before looking for a good albetros model.IT'S FUN THING TO DO IN THE FLYING OFF SEASON-it's -25c here with a wind chill of -32(about -25 f ) too cold to fly for me! -kevin
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: kev's new fms fw-190
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:34 AM
Denny the "Finger"
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
IT'S FUN THING TO DO IN THE FLYING OFF SEASON
There's a flying off season? When did that start?
D_Wright is offline Find More Posts by D_Wright
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:37 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wright View Post
there's a flying off season? When did that start?
+1.
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,111 Posts
There are 4 seasons.

Too hot, too cold, just right
Luckily 'just right' comes twice a year!
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:53 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Wright View Post
There's a flying off season? When did that start?
The Jug doesn't fly to well when the runway is covered in almost 2 ft of snow!! Though there is no off season, it is an "Indoor" flying season.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:03 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,361 Posts
nice jug kevin! i agree i was trying to get a hold of a t-28 model as well. saw some on ebay i think ill snatch up. my lz was to soft and muddytoday for my pretty jug but managed to get in 13 flights in dense fog on the t-28. lots of fun but am hoping to get the p-47 in the sky before spring. going to keep painting my mini - jug tonight. its so relaxing in the evening after the little ones in bed.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:03 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
guess im luck i have a flying season in florida all year
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:06 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,361 Posts
im going to get the radio bag and try to keep warm that way. we shall see if it works. i dont mind the cold as much as the wind chill issues.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
im going to get the radio bag and try to keep warm that way. we shall see if it works. i dont mind the cold as much as the wind chill issues.
Yeah man windchill can be a killer-i'll fly in winter alright,but only to the point where the thumbs freeze up.From there it's hockey,hockey,hockey!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
PACubFlyer103
United States, PA, Media
Joined Mar 2011
96 Posts
Here in Southeastern PA it hasn't been cold enough to freeze the thumbs. Yesterday was pretty good for flying but today was the morning fog never lifted. Here is a video of one of my P-47 flights from last week. I hadn't flown the Jug in a while so I was a little nervous during the flight.

Parkzone P-47 - Early Morning Flight 01/09/13 (6 min 30 sec)
PACubFlyer103 is online now Find More Posts by PACubFlyer103
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Nov 2011
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACubFlyer103 View Post
Here in Southeastern PA it hasn't been cold enough to freeze the thumbs. Yesterday was pretty good for flying but today was the morning fog never lifted. Here is a video of one of my P-47 flights from last week. I hadn't flown the Jug in a while so I was a little nervous during the flight.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKi9uOKK3eU
HEY YOU DID FINE BUD! To land in a baseball infield and so close to a backstop without making contact is a o.k.-so get back out there and do some more flying of that p-47! Cheers kevin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:28 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACubFlyer103 View Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKi9uOKK3eU
Nice Flying, A baseball infield can be quite intimidating to land on with the backstop fence looming back there. couple quick tips, On takeoff add the power a little slower, if you are really pressed for space and must go full power abruptly hold a generous amount of right rudder. Both the left swerves on takeoff were p-factor due to high power when the tail was still down. In your location with fences, dugouts, etc to the left it would be better to have to much right rudder and a right swerve than left.

On landing try to get it a bit lower, worst case is you land in the outfield, better than an overshoot and a fence, right
On both landings you had a great touchdown but it was already halfway to the home plate.
Also It looks like you have the retracts, did you put something under the back two screws to shim them so that the gear rakes forward a bit? This REALLY helps keep it from nosing over! I fly mine off of a rough grass field and haven't had a problem since I did that. You'd most likely be able to takeoff and land anywhere in the outfield if you added some spacers there.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:15 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
You need to come over the fence and go 1st to 3rd for landings. I land in a short parking lot using full flaps quite easily. And that's coming in over tall corn
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:13 PM
PACubFlyer103
United States, PA, Media
Joined Mar 2011
96 Posts
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll try your suggestions and I'll even check into the spaces to add some forward rake to the retracts. I'm really enjoying flying mt P-47.

I'll post another video with the changes soon.
PACubFlyer103 is online now Find More Posts by PACubFlyer103
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,361 Posts
i added 2mm spacers to rake mine forward. i heard some doubling that to 4mm but all i had at the moment was enough for 2mm. guess its better than nothing.