SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
im gonna follow your advise i only have turnigy and they work fine for me, no complaints... so let me try those for instance
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:48 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
one question guys.. whats the 3 or 3 blade prop that gods mandate on this plane with stock electronics? thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:02 PM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,322 Posts
stock isnt gonna get you much, it needs a bit more power to turn a big enough multiblade prop.

Sorry

Dave
dav3uk is offline Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
got it
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:08 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
P47's use 4 blade props, not 3...

Use the search function for all of the options on that. It's been discussed on here about every other week at extreme length.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:13 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
got it!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:58 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,564 Posts
i went with the 2600 mah 30c to get a bit more punch from them. i hope. time will tell. ill report my findings... looks like my maiden p-47 flight is getting rained out! my LZ was soft today and then it rained a bunch tonight. dont want to nose over in the sofl ground with a gorgeous new plane first day out. it has caught me off guard with the t-28 but the tri- gear saved it. bummer. looking forward to seeing her in the air.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Jan 11, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:41 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
i went with the 2600 mah 30c to get a bit more punch from them. i hope. time will tell. ill report my findings... looks like my maiden p-47 flight is getting rained out! my LZ was soft today and then it rained a bunch tonight. dont want to nose over in the sofl ground with a gorgeous new plane first day out. it has caught me off guard with the t-28 but the tri- gear saved it. bummer. looking forward to seeing her in the air.
Hand launch it.. I do It all the time ! flaps on half.. full power at 30 Deg up and belly land it. Take note it tends to travel a good distance to come to a full stop
Then come to think of it if this is your maidenflight then rather wait....
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
I flew mine first time on. Rainy day... hell couldnt wait at all!!!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:01 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,564 Posts
she is too pretty to belly land! maybe when she is a bit weathered but not on her first day out. it needs to be a proper rolling take off and proper wheel landing. thats just me... put to much time in to do it half way. i can wait.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:26 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,254 Posts
Patience Jedi.

Had a great flying day today. Three flights on the T-Bolt (also flew four other planes today for a total of 10 flights), and "greased" all three landings!! I couldn't do that again if I tried! Usually it'll float a little then gently "plop" down, or touch one main slightly before the other. Today I came in a bit higher than usual and with full flaps, power off. All three times it was as if the ground came up and gently met the main wheels at the same time with the tail wheel still up. Straight down the runway and very scale looking.

Not bragging, just very pleased and surpirised at the same time. That brings the total to 159 with only one crash (flight 128), which isn't as much as many here, but has the flight record of my fleet. Stryker Q is setting at 127 with one crash (quite some time ago). My Slow Stick has over 200+ but has had at least 4 crashes, including a mid-air today only shifted my right main landing gear. But my buddy has about a 6x6 square inch area missing from the right end of his yellow SS wing. We both continued to fly for another 2 minutes then landed. I had yellow paint and a piece of foam on my prop!! LOL
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam
Last edited by Moonbeam; Jan 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:45 AM
United States, FL, Pensacola
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Next purchase...

Rookie flyer here but this is my next bird. I've learned on a Super Cub, bought an F27Q (crashed it first time and am comfortable with it now). I also bought a Yak 54 Carbon-Z that I have yet to maiden (scared to fly it after a disaster with my Extra 300).

Is there anything I should know about this beast? I think I'm going to do the full house assembly. Flaps, retracts, probably a 4 blade prop. I LOVE the way this plane looks.

Anyone want to sell me a DX8 or one of these, cheap? LOL!
davebales is offline Find More Posts by davebales
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:00 AM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
To save some $, buy the replacement airframe, and add your own electronics.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:00 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,564 Posts
can you tell im in love?

just picked up this 9 inch little beauty! going to paint her like her big sister. takes me back to being a kid again. i have not assembled one of these for ever. what fun!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:39 AM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Unfortunatly my jug is in sick bay. It had a chance meeting with a fence. New cowl, motor, esc.... Well the esc survived the crash, but it won't survive the turnigy G25 which I am putting back on it. If it isn't fast it isn't worth it. I was curious if anyone had put the 610kv motor, and if so what amp draw did you get with what props? My next purchase will be an amp meter. I think that I may got with the hobby lobby 4 blade or an APC four blade. I want the looks and speed. My wildcat with the power 15 is a man guided missile. Any thoughts..... Me and the kitty are going to attempt some flights today. Weather isn't the greatest, but oh well.
Kwilletts is offline Find More Posts by Kwilletts