HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BramV View Post
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
Nope you sould be good to go!
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Hurricane
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,138 Posts
^ that's what they say. I upgraded esc to 40amp anyway
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,739 Posts
well thanks god i do have a power meter.. that way i dont have to go with something more expensive just because "anyway" is not about you JDM... its just you know, its better sometimes go with facts... that way you'll save a few bucks for something else... so i got a power meter and after i do any PROP mod.. i check it out my self... if im 3-4 amps down to the maximum (static) i should be fine, since airborne it is really like 3-4 amps less than static

man santa just confirm... ill be getting this baby for Xmas!!! HOLLY COW!!!!
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
999 Posts
Quote:
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
Been running my P47 with the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) completely stock for almost 2 years now. No problems.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,739 Posts
there you go
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,739 Posts
why should i go with the extra 300 prop... ??? let me know
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:46 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
well thanks god i do have a power meter.. that way i dont have to go with something more expensive just because "anyway" is not about you JDM... its just you know, its better sometimes go with facts... that way you'll save a few bucks for something else... so i got a power meter and after i do any PROP mod.. i check it out my self... if im 3-4 amps down to the maximum (static) i should be fine, since airborne it is really like 3-4 amps less than static

man santa just confirm... ill be getting this baby for Xmas!!! HOLLY COW!!!!
Congrats! Great choice. Mine is bone stock with recommended extras. Some say boring, I say no stress totally reliable. I do wish 4 bladers were stock.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,536 Posts
Quote:
Thanx Bram
I've been running mine completely stock with only the Extra 300 10.5x9 on my P-47 for two years now with 0 problems. In fact I highly recommend that if you do only one thing change to this prop.

You gain about 10 mph and increased thrust as well. I use throttle management and get safely get 6-7 min of flying per 2200mAh pack.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
Congrats! Great choice. Mine is bone stock with recommended extras. Some say boring, I say no stress totally reliable. I do wish 4 bladers were stock.

thanks a lot.. bro.. when you say all the extra you mean. flaps and retracts right?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:09 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
thanks a lot.. bro.. when you say all the extra you mean. flaps and retracts right?
Yes, I do. However, even Matt Andren of PZ says you can fly the Extra prop no worries. Beyond that an upgraded esc would be recommended.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:33 PM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
560 Posts
just a touch off topic

Have you guys seen the Starmax P-47 that Hobby Lobby is advertising? I've been drooling over it for the last couple days. The cockpit detail is amazing and it comes with a 16x8 4 bladed prop, retracts and flaps on a 63" wingspan airframe.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/starmax_p...41934_prd1.htm

and now we return you to our regularly scheduled thread.
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:39 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
661 Posts
I know this is at off of topic here, but you guys on this thread seem to be real helpful. I need to store my 2 and 3 cell batteries for the next few months. What's the best way of doing it and do I need to decharge them. And if so how do I decharge them and t what level. I don't think I will be flying much for the rest of the winter here in Cleveland :-(
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Check the batteries forum. You need to get to 3.85v per cell.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:05 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
I know this is at off of topic here, but you guys on this thread seem to be real helpful. I need to store my 2 and 3 cell batteries for the next few months. What's the best way of doing it and do I need to decharge them. And if so how do I decharge them and t what level. I don't think I will be flying much for the rest of the winter here in Cleveland :-(
Well you could take them to a Browns game, that's been known to suck the energy out of anyone(anything) in attendance.

The best way to discharge them is with a charger that has a discharge setting. Short of that you can just put on gloves and fly the bird one more time and then on the recharge only charge them to 3.85v per cell.

What charger are you using?

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Well you could take them to a Browns game, that's been known to suck the energy out of anyone(anything) in attendance.

The best way to discharge them is with a charger that has a discharge setting. Short of that you can just put on gloves and fly the bird one more time and then on the recharge only charge them to 3.85v per cell.

What charger are you using?

-Brian
+1 on that using the discharge or storage mode is the best way to do it.
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner