HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
USA, TX, Arlington
Joined Aug 2010
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
thank you so much for the help. i would cry if i crashed my new baby from brown out! are they straight forward to install the bec in the p-47? what skills should i need to pull this install off? im a contractor by trade and like doing things like this but have no experience as of yet. i do like this aspect of the hobby alot. just want to know what im up against. thanks alot for ther guidance so far. really appreciate all the help. walt.
Just remove the red wire from the ESC connection that plugs into the receiver so the ESC's BEC is not used.
rgwilson is online now Find More Posts by rgwilson
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:41 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
Nice video!
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
thanks! i can do that. excited. BEC ordered. much appreciate the help. walt
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Dec 17, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,140 Posts
Had a nice headwind at the field today. Feather lite landings on flaps. I got that retract working. Must've been some dirt on the circuit board. Took it apart and wiped off the board.
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:36 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
717 Posts
Finally got mine in the air today, heart was racing and hands were shaking. I think I had my sticks on the dx6i set to soft 30%, I really had to use a lot of stick to make it respond.. Easy fix. The sky was completely gray and with the silver color of the plane I was loosing orientation very easily. So I quit while I was a head and broght it down in one piece. I do think I like it, it was a little hard getting it into the air from the grass but full throttle and a lot of elevator and a push from a fellow pilot got it going. I don't really have anything to compare it to, but for my first park size warbird I am pleased. Just bummed that the weather is a changing and it will not see the friendly sky's for some time! I guess I have plenty of time to get the flaps set up and maybe retracts. I definitely need to get some Callie graphics, just can't decide.
dbdukeboy is online now Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:37 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
quick question... i will be using my dx6i and the flap switch is just 2 positions. in the horizon tutorial they use dx8 so they have the 3 way switch. no flaps, 1/2 flap, full flap. whats the best way to run flaps with just 2 way switch? do you find you need to mix in elevator too? thanks. christmas cant come fast enough. walt
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
Full and off. The manual calls half flaps "takeoff flaps". Any flap on takeoff with this model is just about fatal... Never ever forget to put the flaps up before TO on this plane. I have never once needed half flaps.
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
I was using mixing on my DX6i to get 3 position flaps. It is a lot of switches to flip to get the desired outcome. If you want it, search youtube, there are a lot of videos on that topic. None and full is really all you need. I have about 5% down elevator programmed in with mine. You will have to find what works best for you there, but 5 would prolly be a good place to start. I now use a DX8 and takeoff with the half flap setting all the time, though it is more like 1/4-1/3 flap. I will say that it is not fatal for me as my p47 has a lot of power (Power 25 1250kv, 60a esc, cc bec, 3s 2700 bat, and 12x8 apc e prop).
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:49 AM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jul 2012
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgwilson View Post
There are alot of BEC's out there, some better than others. You'll want a switch mode BEC especially if you're ever thinking about running anything other than 3S batteries. My personal favorite is the Castle Creations 10 amp BEC. It's switch mode, can be programmed with the Castle Link programmer for different output voltages (if needed) it comes pre-programmed at 5.1 volts, can take up to 6S input and only weighs 11 grams. Price is around $20. That's just my personal opinion.
+1 on that. I am currently using one on just about everything I fly. They are extremely small too
erikc641 is offline Find More Posts by erikc641
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:42 AM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
thanks guys! really appreciate the guidance. walt.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Dec 2012
87 Posts
hey guys have u herd of the EZ-EPORTS. u no the hz planes have the export. they make a thinhg to put on planes so u can put your drop mod or what sounds really cool the combate mod so u can dogfight with friends at the club. look it up EZ-EPORTS
parkzone fan is offline Find More Posts by parkzone fan
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:21 PM
Registered Crasher
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
The X-port is a feature of the RX, not necessarily of the plane. Otherwise, has u herd of English?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
The X-port is a feature of the RX, not necessarily of the plane. Otherwise, has u herd of English?
i guess he is just like me... english as second language
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
Registered Crasher
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
ESL gets a pass. I just read it as intentional, which I frown upon. /rant off
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:27 PM
Nederland, FR, Sneek
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Hello I've got a question. Can i put the parkzone extra 300 prop (10.5 x 9) on a completly stock P47? Or do i need to upgrade the ESC to?
Thanx Bram
BramV is offline Find More Posts by BramV