HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:30 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,049 Posts
great then...

how does the regular wheels perform on this bird while landing on grass? my t-28 always do the flip over thing... somebody told me about the p47 wheels are way better to land on grass... is that true.. i already ordered 3 pairs for my trojan and apprentice i think my wife is getting me the p47 for xmas, she wants me to get a retract full plane
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,711 Posts
I put 1/8 inch washers on the back two screws of the retract to rake them forward a bit. It helps as I fly on grass too. You might need to dremel the wheel opening if I remember to get them to retract.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,049 Posts
ok thats fine bro... i think i did not explain my self sorry man... i just want to know if the stock regular wheels of the p47 are good enough for landing on grass , yours do the flip over landing on grass. my trojan does all the time... wheels are way too small.. i already ordered a few p47 wheels for my trojan
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:52 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
272 Posts
Horizon has some that are made for the parkzone birds for grass
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,049 Posts
ohh man didnt know.. any links!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,049 Posts
???
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
The Albatross, SE5 or go get a Funcub....
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325FGP View Post
Yes, if you go too slow on take off, there is a good chance that it will stall and left would be the probable direction of the stall because of torque. You DO need to have enough speed for the plane to be flying on the wing before horsing it off the ground. However, as has been said many times on this thread, you need to advance the throttle smoothly to full. If you just go from off to full power you run the risk of the plane jumping off the ground too quickly and the torque monster will make your life miserable. You didn't mention the type of surface you were flying from. If it's grass you will probably need to hold UP elevator until you build up some speed to keep from nosing over. As you get moving, slowly let off the elevator so you don't pop it off the ground too fast. Practicing taxiing and take off runs is a great idea so you can get used to how the plane reacts on the ground.
+1 on taxi testing. Great learning tool.

For proper takeoff technique you should be holding full up elevator EVERY time you start a takeoff. You relax it as the plane accelerates. Do this on any surface.
The reason is this hold the tail firmly on the ground to increase tailwheel effectiveness until you have speed for the rudder to become effective. Just don't mash the throttle or the plane may become airborne before you have enough speed.
Taxing is the same, you should have full elevator the whole time unless you have a VERY strong tailwind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledpole View Post
should have mentioned I want to go with a 2 blade prop for now, I have flown but electric is new to me, I'm switching over. Does that mean I'm Bi ??? LOL By spring should have a better feel for plane & will probably be doing the extras (4 blade prop, flaps & retracts). As far as getting motor to run, have been trying different suggestions from this site for over a week. It just does not want to recognize a 3 cell battery. No power to motor with 3c, have tried rebinding several ways, even to new blank model on TX. I can just change batts from 3s to 4s and the 4s works. All batts fully charged. The 60A ESC is susposed to be self detecting between 3/4 cells & no setup for it in manual. I don't own a 2200mah 4s Actually borrowed one for expermentation. Have several 3s. just got a watts meter & dont know how to work it yet. & dont want to buy a bunch of props. Figured someone here has something that works.

Thanks again.
The 60amp ESC is defaulted to auto-sensing. That doesn't mean that the person who had it before you didn't set it to 4S only. read the ESC manual and reprogram it to auto using the throttle stick programming method.

As to a good 2 blade prop. The Parkzone Extra300 10.5 x 9 is a great match for the stock motor. An APC 11x7e is also a great choice.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
quick question guys.. are the retracts for the baby the same as the new pkz corsair? i mean, are they as weak as the ones for the new corsair? thanks
+2 like qb said. Bulletproof!
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,049 Posts
This is gonna be my next baby then
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:30 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,386 Posts
Quote:
This is gonna be my next baby then
Great choice!
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:27 AM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
272 Posts
Quote:
ohh man didnt know.. any links!
this is the part # but they are on backorder (PKZ6007)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryramZ View Post
+2 like qb said. Bulletproof!
+3! the eflite retracts are shockingly strong?!

Before I dialed in my setup, there were a few times that I stuffed the landing in rough grass, one of them even made the door covers pop off, now That was a hard landing! They still work like new..

The retractable LG makes the plane..On Sunday I was practicing a half loop to landing, while opening the gear just before a two point touch down.. The most fun I've had with a non-3D plane.

In the evening twilight, mine looks very scale with the LG doors closed. I plan on getting HD stills next time.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Nov 14, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jul 2011
2,149 Posts
I do that with take-offs. wheels up on ground effect. I have been practicing the belly touch on grass....that gets some wows at the field
JDMJim is offline Find More Posts by JDMJim
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:18 PM
flying is everything
Joined Oct 2010
272 Posts
Ok here she is again after the crash. Rebuilt the wings and the d-day stripes back on. Now I have a turnigy g25 710kv with an ice lite 75 and the hobby-lobby 9.5*10*4 on a 4s 3000mah 40c battery. Maiden flight was great, the motor came down nice and cold. Pulled 42 amps at wot on static test. So I should be around 35amps. I also added a parkzone f4 drop tank. I was thinking about selling it. some one make me an offer and lets see where it goes. it does have the eflite retracts and the flaps already installed. also a castle 10amp esc.
Last edited by jdm2ner; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:32 AM.