Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufale View Post
The specs list this motor as only capable of 40amp continuous current. I think I will go over that this 11 inch prop.
I am going to run an CC ice lite 75 on mine that should take care of the amp draw
skypan12 is offline Find More Posts by skypan12
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypan12 View Post
I am going to run an CC ice lite 75 on mine that should take care of the amp draw
I was more concerned about the motor. If the motor maxes out at 40A continuous, I am guessing that increasing the amp capacity of the esc would do nothing to change that limit. Am I wrong about this?
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
786 Posts
Quote:
I was more concerned about the motor. If the motor maxes out at 40A continuous, I am guessing that increasing the amp capacity of the esc would do nothing to change that limit. Am I wrong about this?
Oooooo did not think about that better find out if the motor can handle it, I will put an amp meter on things and see where it is at, when I get things all in. if it over amps the motor I may try pitching down the HL prop a little and check again.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:11 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,552 Posts
The original motor handled the load just fine on mine. I don't think you'll have a problem.
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,183 Posts
You will eventually throw a magnet if you down get draw down under the spec.

That's what specs are for... what do you think they mean when they say "don't go over 44A with a power 25"?

There are tons of setups that are plenty fast within specs of this motor, I see no reason to risk the model by propping it wrong.

Pitching it down will not work as well as decreasing the diameter of the prop. Go find out for yourself on eCalc. Go get a meter to static test it as well.

I run APC 11x9x4 cut down to 10", and it maxes out at 39A on 3S, at over 75mph pitch speed (memory a little foggy on those numbers... check my old posts here for my actual measurements). eCalc was almost dead on with those numbers.
jtaylor996 is online now Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:04 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,250 Posts
I use the G25 870kv with the HL 4 blade and just pitched it back until I got the amps down to the max level for the motor. It took a little patience one morning but was no more than 1/2 hour to do. The plane is now a bit quicker than stock, will launch straight up and climb out of site and I still get 6 mins on my 2700mah 3s lipos (more if I dont spend all 6 mins vertical...lol) I use a 50A ESC and separate BEC and nothing is hot, just warm.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:05 AM
Perth, WA
Joined Jul 2006
442 Posts
Does anyone know if the airframe kit is basically an ARF? Does it include the push rods etc?
Same is online now Find More Posts by Same
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
Does anyone know if the airframe kit is basically an ARF? Does it include the push rods etc?
Yes. It includes the pushrods, clevises, and motor mount.
ufale is offline Find More Posts by ufale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:28 AM
Perth, WA
Joined Jul 2006
442 Posts
Quote:
Yes. It includes the pushrods, clevises, and motor mount.
That's great, how underpowered would it be with the 960kv motor assuming it's the same dimensions etc.

I have a whole heap of spare servos, ESC, electroc retracts etc.
Same is online now Find More Posts by Same
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
I use the G25 870kv with the HL 4 blade and just pitched it back until I got the amps down to the max level for the motor. It took a little patience one morning but was no more than 1/2 hour to do. The plane is now a bit quicker than stock, will launch straight up and climb out of site and I still get 6 mins on my 2700mah 3s lipos (more if I dont spend all 6 mins vertical...lol) I use a 50A ESC and separate BEC and nothing is hot, just warm.

Dave
I believe the HL 4-blade prop comes stock at 10 pitch do you know/remember what you had to bring the pitch back to to stay under the max amp on the motor?

Thinking about this now it does not make much sense for me to go to a bigger esc like the ice lite 75 to handle the amps of the HL 4-blade prop set at 10 pitch when the motor should not be over say 44amps burst or 40amp constant, and as earlyer post asked about also.

Let me ask the question here about the Power 32 also like earlier asked would the power 32 be a good / practical choice for this ship? would it bolt right up? would it be to long in length ? would it be to heavy? any neg feedback on it other than may be just to much motor (if there is such a thing) as it will do 50 amp continuos with 60amp burst for 15 sec.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:19 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same View Post
Seems to be the most commen question? I have to say the kit version is very nice. Not sure why they don't market it as a kit? It makes for a great Build, I've been enjoying customizing my setup, and because I mainly fly large planes I'm hard to impress, but this plane is great!

Thanks to custom Rc! The billet aluminum mount is perfect for my torque 820kv!

My 45amp airboss was a squeeze, and I needed to remove foam for the 4s packs, but that's it! No issues with mine, and it even comes with a stock prop and collet adapter.

I'm also impressed with the quality of eflites retracts, with pre-bent lg..

Because the flaps can go up and down I put them on separate channels, now I can gang them up for double alierons Very cool model to tinker around with!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Oct 14, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:30 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,342 Posts
Project pic(can only load one pic per post on phone)

I'm in the process of making custom, secondary doors like this.. Very simple concept.. I'm also getting a drop tank, custom scheme, and the snorting bull has to go! A warbird needs a 50's pinup girl..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:39 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
2,995 Posts
Lookin GOOD! DM
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:25 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypan12 View Post
I believe the HL 4-blade prop comes stock at 10 pitch do you know/remember what you had to bring the pitch back to to stay under the max amp on the motor?

Thinking about this now it does not make much sense for me to go to a bigger esc like the ice lite 75 to handle the amps of the HL 4-blade prop set at 10 pitch when the motor should not be over say 44amps burst or 40amp constant, and as earlyer post asked about also.

Let me ask the question here about the Power 32 also like earlier asked would the power 32 be a good / practical choice for this ship? would it bolt right up? would it be to long in length ? would it be to heavy? any neg feedback on it other than may be just to much motor (if there is such a thing) as it will do 50 amp continuos with 60amp burst for 15 sec.
Unfortunatly when I wanted the prop there was no stock so I bought a hub, 2 packs of 3 blades and a 5mm adaptor separate.....no pitch guage. I just eyballed it until I got a good reading, as I remember the moulding line on the edge of the blade lined up with the split in the hub.....ish. will check and try to get a picture.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:32 AM
Checkertail Clan
USA, IN, Anderson
Joined Jul 2009
552 Posts
Inner doors are looking good DM. But this warbird should get a 40's pinup... just sayin....
325FGP is offline Find More Posts by 325FGP