SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Will the Parkzone Extra 300 prop work with a G25 and 60amp esc? Or should I look at going to something else. My goal is to go up up up up up up up and fast fast fast fast fast!
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:35 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
With 3s it would be slightly stock performance, but 4s would really liven things up. not sure about the amp draw though, you might want to go to a 10 or 9 inch prop
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:49 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,767 Posts
After my friend "kisashi" loose some magnets last weekend on his g15, i give a spare motor from a crashed Extra 300. He try stock prop and told me he doesnt feel her as powerfull like with g15. But his last impresion from the g15 was on 4s.

The point was he put a 10x10e, i already was on the way to my home and he call me and told me was a blast on stock motor and 10x10 3s no wattmeter yet but i will post amps as soon he get it.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:28 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,383 Posts
A G15 is going on my jug; would rather have power15 though. Turnigy bearings are crap!
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:29 PM
AMA 884978 KKN6KY
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2007
2,464 Posts
HEAT. Too many amps heats up the core - then the back plate - then the outer case where the magnets are. The epoxy (all epoxy) softens under heat and the magnets let go. Bang. Dead motor.

But fun while it lasts - it just doesn't last long! LOL!!

Hillbille
hillbille is offline Find More Posts by hillbille
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:03 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
Will the Parkzone Extra 300 prop work with a G25 and 60amp esc? Or should I look at going to something else. My goal is to go up up up up up up up and fast fast fast fast fast!
If weather holds I should be able to comment first hand tomorrow:

I've been flying for a week or so now with a Rimfire 25, 1000KV, 40A ESC with external BEC, on the stock prop, with 3S 2200 batts, and it flies nicely. Definitely beyond scale power, but not a rocketship. Static measures were around 26A and 280W.

I put the Extra 300 prop on tonight (bear in mind it needs slight reaming to fit the standard collet. Why they are slightly different I have no idea) and on the same 30C battery I was drawing 35A and 400Watts.

That should translate to some good increases in performance, however, this is a very blocky airframe, so not sure how much will be 'realized' in terms of say top end speed.

I am only doing it to experiment a bit, I am not looking to be a speed demon, just to optimize my set up to have a broad envelope and be fun.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:48 PM
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2011
1,979 Posts
You'll get a noticeable improvement on top end performance, but it pulls less. I run the HL 11X10, it doesn't break any speed records, but it climbs like a tractor!
Mitchie is online now Find More Posts by Mitchie
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:57 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,022 Posts
My observations are my P-15 with an Extra 300 prop pulling static WOT at 32A, flies as fast as my friend Tom's P-25 and the stock prop which is static WOT at 22 amps. I forgot the watt readings. If he used the 300 prop I'm sure he'd smoke me. I hope he doesn't read this.

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:58 PM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,053 Posts
Maidened my P47 tonight with the E-Flite power 25 1250KV E-Flite 60 amp pro with a 9x7.5 APC. Flew quite nicely and very fast on a Gens Ace 2500 mah 4 cell. I am going to try a 10x5 and an 8x8 tomorrow. On the watt meter it was pulling 55 amps and 825 watts albeit with a year old 2200 Turnigy 40C 4 cell. I did not measure it with the Gens but it was screaming a little louder with that battery in the tank.
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:23 AM
Registered Crasher
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Feb 2011
2,226 Posts
That's sorta way over the motor's amp rating (43A), isn't it? Cut your prop diameter before you start losing magnets...
jtaylor996 is offline Find More Posts by jtaylor996
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
My observations are my P-15 with an Extra 300 prop pulling static WOT at 32A, flies as fast as my friend Tom's P-25 and the stock prop which is static WOT at 22 amps. I forgot the watt readings. If he used the 300 prop I'm sure he'd smoke me. I hope he doesn't read this.

Blu

He He He I just did read it

Thanks, off to the local LHS / Victors tonight after work ........ See ya Saturday

:-)

just kidding , that would mean a new ESC as well, we both know that it would pull way more watts/amps then my stock prop. I'll wait till I can afford to get a new ESC at the same time.

are we gonna see the Rare Bear out there ?
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
He He He I just did read it

Thanks, off to the local LHS / Victors tonight after work ........ See ya Saturday

:-)

just kidding , that would mean a new ESC as well, we both know that it would pull way more watts/amps then my stock prop. I'll wait till I can afford to get a new ESC at the same time.

are we gonna see the Rare Bear out there ?
I got the 60amp Turnigy Plush. Wasn't that much.

OMG this freaking thing is like a rocket! I am now scared I am going to snap the wing! On WOT it just scary. It goes up and up and up and up and up and up and the best thing about it, my flight times has increased to 7 minutes easy because even at 1/2 throttle it is faster than I need to go!

Turnigy G25
Turnigy Plush 60amp ESC
Parkzone Extra 300 Prop
Turnigy 2200 4s 40C

She is a little nose heavy now but feels more solid in the air.

What is best method of adding tail weight.
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:58 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,767 Posts
Quote:
taking out weight from nose
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Feb 2011
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor996 View Post
That's sorta way over the motor's amp rating (43A), isn't it? Cut your prop diameter before you start losing magnets...
It's an E-Flite it can handle it easy.
Mr Big Head is offline Find More Posts by Mr Big Head
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:37 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
I guess I need to throw a 4s in mine now. I thought it ran great on 3s.

Quote:
I got the 60amp Turnigy Plush. Wasn't that much.

OMG this freaking thing is like a rocket! I am now scared I am going to snap the wing! On WOT it just scary. It goes up and up and up and up and up and up and the best thing about it, my flight times has increased to 7 minutes easy because even at 1/2 throttle it is faster than I need to go!

Turnigy G25
Turnigy Plush 60amp ESC
Parkzone Extra 300 Prop
Turnigy 2200 4s 40C

She is a little nose heavy now but feels more solid in the air.

neck is online now Find More Posts by neck