79 Posts
sorry for the same question twice
btpalc is offline Find More Posts by btpalc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:05 PM
United States, FL, Hallandale Beach
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
have the ones from Hobbypartz, they are great and work perfect, had to work a litle with the dremmel to fit it but I got it in.DaxFX do the V2's fit without any alteration to the wing soket???
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:07 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpalc View Post
Anyway, Has someone tryed one of thoes cheap electric retracts that are out there on the market??
yes straight drop in no dremel work
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
thank you for the info, what bothers me is the shipping. To expensive from china and takes sometimes forever
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
I guess Im going to order some anyway. I can buy another wing and install this V2's. Mean while I keep on flying with the present retract set-up and later have it as a spare wing
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,441 Posts
as long as you got them to fit your good. don't worry to much they will work fine
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Justbe warned.....the Hobbyking V2 retracts are cheap for a reason....just got a set in the mail. Yes they drop straight into the wing sockets, but the grub screws (maybe the wrong term) that you are supposed to secure the landing gear arm with ( to stop the gear rotating in the retract housing) are, well, crap.

I cannot get the screws tight enough to hold the gear in place, resulting in the gear and wheel spinning freely whilst deployed. $25 lesson learned. Off to the LHS tommorrow for a set of eFlites.

Oh...and the pre-bent struts from Parkzone dont fit either.....
rkathner is offline Find More Posts by rkathner
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,124 Posts
Congratulations papabatman on your new Plus rating.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:06 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,303 Posts
I like a lot hobbyking electronics like batteries ,esc, motors and some other stuff. But i dont want cheap retracts in my p47 after the bad experience with my fms corsair. So without a doubt i went to eflite rectracts.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,420 Posts
Just so folks won't worry, I have a few "orange" receivers I picked up for Spektrum. Like everything I order from HK, I always buy two or three units in case one is DOA. I am still testing them in some very cheap airframes.

I am flying some foamies, Sea Fury and my UltraStick on Spektrum, but each of these aircraft fly on a Spektrum Rx with a remote, including my new P-47 (when it arrives).

I also fly Futaba FASST, with my 8FG transmitter. All my composite sailplanes, Spider 2.5m, Pulsar 3.2 m, Pulsar2 m, warmliners all Futaba.
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
Question on how a warbird flies, or how you control a warbird, particularly this P-47....

My experience is a pod and boom high wing I learned on and my current micro T-28. Been flying them for a long time, but these are my only individual plane experiences. My question is with climb and throttle.

Both of these planes climb with throttle. Are warbirds like the P-47 similar, just maybe not to the same extent?

I always read the "it will fly where you point it" comments. Thus, say if you have this aircraft perfectly balanced and you trim say 50% throttle to fly straight and level, what happens when you are making a pass at 50% throttle and decide to go full throttle with no other inputs? Does it stay level and just speed up or will it begin to climb slightly?

Just something I was always curious about. To what extent will it "fly where you point it?" Just trying to get more of an idea on how a warbird flies before I would buy one.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
I akways had good experiens with E-Flite products, But $89.00 for something that I can get for $15.00 ( might not be same quality ) Is just not going to happen, the ones I got are working great sofahr and if they fail, well thats why I atached the plastic bally covers on my P-47.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers View Post
Question on how a warbird flies, or how you control a warbird, particularly this P-47....

My experience is a pod and boom high wing I learned on and my current micro T-28. Been flying them for a long time, but these are my only individual plane experiences. My question is with climb and throttle.

Both of these planes climb with throttle. Are warbirds like the P-47 similar, just maybe not to the same extent?

I always read the "it will fly where you point it" comments. Thus, say if you have this aircraft perfectly balanced and you trim say 50% throttle to fly straight and level, what happens when you are making a pass at 50% throttle and decide to go full throttle with no other inputs? Does it stay level and just speed up or will it begin to climb slightly?

Just something I was always curious about. To what extent will it "fly where you point it?" Just trying to get more of an idea on how a warbird flies before I would buy one.
i trim my bird at full throttle so yea she goes where you point it. all planes change at different settings just fly it trim it where you like it. forget about it enjoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:01 AM
St. Louis
USA, MO, Ballwin
Joined Mar 2010
634 Posts
Retracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkathner View Post
Justbe warned.....the Hobbyking V2 retracts are cheap for a reason....just got a set in the mail. Yes they drop straight into the wing sockets, but the grub screws (maybe the wrong term) that you are supposed to secure the landing gear arm with ( to stop the gear rotating in the retract housing) are, well, crap.

I cannot get the screws tight enough to hold the gear in place, resulting in the gear and wheel spinning freely whilst deployed. $25 lesson learned. Off to the LHS tommorrow for a set of eFlites.

Oh...and the pre-bent struts from Parkzone dont fit either.....
The wheel collars on the P-47 are provided with screws that are not long enough, they "bottom out" before they tighten on the landing gear shaft. You need to switch over to set-scews with no head that can be tightened all the way down.

No, the pre-bent struts need adjustment but they fit well. You will have to clamp them in a vice and make small adjustments for proper operation. Also, after hard landings you will have to take the gear apart and make adjustments.

The Eflite retracts are so far superior to what is provided from overseas I can't imagine anyone with a valuable aircraft trusting them. Cheap landing gear adds up to expensive repairs;
Foambird is offline Find More Posts by Foambird
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:05 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,303 Posts
[quote=foambird; cheap landing gear adds up to expensive repairs;[/quote]

+ 1
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX