HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
What about a APC 10x10e , any1 had try it?
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,412 Posts
Hexperience wrote
Quote:
I'm on my second airframe after a radio related crash.
was that on an "orange" receiver? I don't want to lose my new P-47. May buy another Spektrum Rx , just in case. My Sea Fury has an AR6210 receiver. Here you can see the receiver, and the remote, behind the rudder/Elev servos.
I just don't trust any Spektrum receiver unless it has a remote for flying in a large area.
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
What about a APC 10x10e , any1 had try it?
HI Dax, I'm using the APC 10x10e but, I'm also running a 480plus on 4s, She is very fast with this set up. I would think it would be be too much prop for a stock set up....
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
HI Dax, I'm using the APC 10x10e but, I'm also running a 480plus on 4s, She is very fast with this set up. I would think it would be be too much prop for a stock set up....
I use 10x10e in my t28 stock setup pulling out 22amps with a peak of 26a. I dont think will be to much prop on a stock p47. I will give a try on the wattmeter to se. It should go close to the extraa300 prop in amps. Will see
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:18 AM
United States, FL, Hallandale Beach
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
320pilot
Are you fyling with a DSM2 or DSMX radio? if it is a DSMX I suggest you get a DSMX RX, I have heard a lot of bad things about this Orange RX's for Spektrum, I personaly fly Futaba and had one of this Orange receivers for Futaba and had no issues with it, but my budies with Spektrum all had bad experiences with orange. So why would you take the risk to crash you P-47 because of a ecomonic RX. You already invested your hard earned money on a nice Plane like these, so get good equipment for it and have POM.
btpalc is offline Find More Posts by btpalc
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mayday! Mayday!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2010
747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpalc View Post
320pilot
Are you fyling with a DSM2 or DSMX radio? if it is a DSMX I suggest you get a DSMX RX, I have heard a lot of bad things about this Orange RX's for Spektrum, I personaly fly Futaba and had one of this Orange receivers for Futaba and had no issues with it, but my budies with Spektrum all had bad experiences with orange. So why would you take the risk to crash you P-47 because of a ecomonic RX. You already invested your hard earned money on a nice Plane like these, so get good equipment for it and have POM.
I can attest to the Orange RX Danger--IT'S REAL!! I lost my beloved T-28 using an Orange RX...never found her again. The Quality control on Orange RX's is terrible...you can tell just by looking at two of them side by side...the antenna lengths are all different. Anyway--I was very careful because I was leery of Orange RX's to begin with...I tested and re-tested bind and distance tests on the ground before I flew...all checked out. And then she flew away...NEVER AGAIN! I only fly with Spektrum RX's now. Orange RX's are a lost/crashed plane waiting to happen--you have been warned!
jpt1205 is offline Find More Posts by jpt1205
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:57 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
I never skimp on electronics- I always use CC BECs, etc, and no imitation receivers. My policy is that the only thing I let crash my panes is me, never an electronic issue. I f there's even a shadow of a doubt with a setup I work it out before flying.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:36 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Some of you are going to kill me but sorry to tell this. Just my personal view. I have seen so many lost of signal on spektrum. In both orangerx and oem spektrum rx. That i will never trust my planes to spektrum. I have few friends on spektrum using orange with non a single issue and also have seen big planes and helis loosing signal and getting unbind on stock spektrum. So my opinion is not an orangerx issue just a spektrum tx issue. Some with good luck others with bad luck

By the other way i have futaba and i have 3 orange fasst rx for more than 2 years and used in my nitro heli, and have being swap to some diferent planes and they are on my t28 and p47 and stinson reliant. Never any issue of signal.

Im a very happy owner of orange rx's
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
In my opinion, most of the top of the line systems out there are pretty much bulletproof, it's just a matter of features (telemetry, programming, etc) I've used spektrum, and the hitec 2.4 system without any issues, a lot of people at my club use it too. Two guys use Futaba, but they don't really have any issues either.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
was that on an "orange" receiver?
No, but it wasn't RX related, my Tx battery had a loose connection and the tx powered off... Nothing to do with signal etc.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
:well I can talk out of experiense I was always a Futaba Pilot, ones I switched to Spektrum the isues started. Brounouts, lost signal on my Bea-Hawk Yet lost it, almost lost a 50cc Reactor, thank God I had a desend altitude and the RX had time to but-up in time (just a feaw feed from ground). that Day I sold all my Spektrum equipment and whent back to Futaba
No Issues anymore . Heard that the new DSMX is a lot better, I hope so.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
Anyway, Anyone tryed the chiper retracts that are out there in the market??
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:43 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btpalc View Post
Anyway, Anyone tryed the chiper retracts that are out there in the market??
give me a link and i will see
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:50 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,244 Posts
Try the v2 from hobbyking. They fit perfect.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Apr 2007
79 Posts
Anyway, Has someone tryed one of thoes cheap electric retracts that are out there on the market??