HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,430 Posts
i got a heavy motor 4s 3600mah 90 amp esc so it is very nose heavy. elevator throw is 150% but in the air with power it flys level and true. so lots of up elevator to taxi and big flair to land
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,495 Posts
Thanks for the photos and feedback. I guess I have no excuses, just fly-- like you always say
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:45 AM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,430 Posts
lol set up is important, but flying it dials it in
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:47 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,495 Posts
It's funny how yesterday I couldn't balance my plane and today with Papa's help I moved the battery back 3/4 inches and the Esc about the same and bingo---balanced. It's amazing what .75 inches will do.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jul 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,430 Posts
lol yup sometime just waiting a day helps.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:57 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2012
281 Posts
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
Perfect advice; I was just about to say the same!

I used the same for all my PZ planes with flaps. They work great.
+1

Use the whole travel, just like he said. The servo arm is raked back when flaps are up. I installed PZ servos as per the book and did the mod and it's fine. I think I am using 125% travel both ways. EXCEPT: When the flaps are down, listen to the servos. If they make noise, dial back the travel until they make no noise (like, 117%). This means your servos are not straining agaist the stops when your flaps are fully down. Easier on them that way. I get about 35 degrees full flaps.
WBKelsoe is offline Find More Posts by WBKelsoe
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:28 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay guys, so im pretty much leaving my rc flying club. I can't drive 30-40 minutes to the field. So I found an ad-hoc flying field at a local elementary school and would like to fly there. Now I fly micros as well, so those are no issue there, but im not sure if I will be able to fly my P47 there? Does this look like enough space? Heres a picture of what it looks like:

(Theres more fields to the south, I just cut them off by accident on the picture. If you would like a picture of those fields to the south, let me know).
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
Shut up and fly
Joined Jun 2008
10,430 Posts
i would looks fine to me just watch out on your roll out for curbs and poles
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Okay cool thanks. Sure will look out for those! Glad I don't have to sell this plane then.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2012
281 Posts
Space

Looks allright.
WBKelsoe is offline Find More Posts by WBKelsoe
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. I've been reading this thread from many many pages ago, basically from the initial maidens when the aircraft first came out. I've been watching many of the videos.

What makes the plane fly so smoothly as in the many videos? Is it the plane itself or is it the pilot?

I have to ask because I've watched many videos of many planes. I am in need of a larger plane, but I really do not know what I want. It is a case of not enough money and too many flight variables. I want a scale looking warbird, yet I want a long long flight. I want a Supercub to modify with ailerons, flaps, lights, hopped up BL motor, etc not because I'm a beginner, but because I love that airframe, yet I eventually want to do FPV. I want the Easystar 2 because of the future FPV and the ability for long flights, yet I want a scale aircraft.

I go to the local airfield (I fly in my backyard so I'm just visiting) for their airshow/funfly every year with my oldest daughter. We love it and finally got to see Mac Hodges B-29 in person. That airfield is pretty much all large nitro aircraft. They look so graceful in the air the way they fly. I watch videos of the aircraft I'm interested in and due to the light weight of foamies, they do not look as smooth and graceful as the larger balsa gas fliers I watch in person.

I watch videos of the HZ Supercub (mostly with ailerons and from experienced pilots, not the beginners) and while I would like that aircraft, it just doesn't show in video it flying as smooth and silky. It looks like it flies at a hugely out-of-proportion speed scale and doesn't look "heavy". In contrast, the E-Flite Supercub 25E is balsa and it looks very smooth and graceful in flight in the videos. Of course, it is a much larger and heavier model being balsa. I wouldn't get the E-Flite though because, as I said, I fly in my backyard, or actually a very large field beside and behind my house. The field actually rivals the 2 club fields that are closest to me.

Watching the videos of the PZ P-47, the model looks so smooth and graceful in the air, pretty much exactly the kind of gracefulness I am looking for in a flight model. Thus, I want to know if it boils down to the model or if it is due to the pilot. Yes I know, I'm sure the pilot does have something to do with it, but I haven't seen a single video of the P-47 that had not-so-smooth flying.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:55 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
It is a pretty smooth flying plane, and if you treat it right it'll reward you with great smooth flight. If you're looking for a nice cub that can fpv, I'd go for the funcub. It's an awesome plane, because you can build it however you want- nice and light for scale flight, or a big motor with lot's of payload capacity. Both the funcub, and the p-47 can give you great flight times on a 2200, or even more with a 2600, or 3300.
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:15 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
It is a pretty smooth flying plane, and if you treat it right it'll reward you with great smooth flight. If you're looking for a nice cub that can fpv, I'd go for the funcub. It's an awesome plane, because you can build it however you want- nice and light for scale flight, or a big motor with lot's of payload capacity. Both the funcub, and the p-47 can give you great flight times on a 2200, or even more with a 2600, or 3300.
Big +1 on the FunCub! Great plane, flies very scale when you want it to, will carry lots of weight, and mine flies an easy +18 minutes on 3s 2200mah. Rough grass fields no problem. As with any plane it's not perfect (landing gear is pretty springy).
Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:07 AM
United States, AZ, Camp Verde
Joined Jan 2007
1,287 Posts
What makes the plane fly so smoothly as in the many videos? Is it the plane itself or is it the pilot?

Watching the videos of the PZ P-47, the model looks so smooth and graceful in the air, pretty much exactly the kind of gracefulness I am looking for in a flight model. Thus, I want to know if it boils down to the model or if it is due to the pilot. Yes I know, I'm sure the pilot does have something to do with it, but I haven't seen a single video of the P-47 that had not-so-smooth flying.[/QUOTE]

The P-47 by its very nature is a very stable flying plane. I have put more than 70 flights on mine and have a successful flight every time. You will not regret getting this plane, it is one of my easiest planes to fly.

Terry
krazyman is offline Find More Posts by krazyman
Old Jul 16, 2012, 03:52 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman View Post
maybe 1 or 2 clicks
I could swear most of us in this thread warned you NOT to leave your T-Bolt parked in Berlin with the keys in it........ (?)
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam